let this thread die (NYK)

yoo can I get added to the list? Don't want to be added to the raffle just want to be acknowledged.

fyi, I'll be writing for the Knicks ESPN True Hoop site this season, knickerblogger.net so check it out.

The Wizard, how did you get that position? I'm interested in sports writing but I'm not sure how to approach it.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Dean, we all gotta ball together at some point (no Romo).
I'll film 
tired.gif

The Knicks continue beating the bushes for a big man and have placed Toronto’s young 7-2 French center Alexis Ajinca among their targets.

Ajinca — who began last season with Dallas, even starting two games — is strictly a reserve and still needs to work on his body with his skinny build. But if Toronto passes, the Knicks could take a flyer on Ajinca with a one-year deal for a minimum-range salary.

It isn’t surprising Mike D’Antoni’s Knicks have interest in Ajinca because of his European offensive style, as he can shoot the 3-pointer. But he also can rebound and can be an athletic shot-blocker. He’s only 23 and the Knicks need to stockpile size.

However, one NBA scout deemed him as too raw to make a definite impact this season, though thought his future upside could be similar to Samuel Dalembert, if Ajinca shows a better work ethic.

The Knicks would like to add another veteran defensive center to start and are waiting on the likes of Kurt Thomas, Aaron Gray and Jeff Foster. There has been a terrific amount of debate in the organization on Kwame Brown, but an NBA source says they’ve lost interest despite an initial push.

Ajinca, a native of Saint Etienne, France, played 34 games last season between Dallas and Toronto, which traded for him. Ajinca was drafted 20th by the Bobcats in 2008.

The Knicks’ interest in Ajinca appears to have given them pause to offering their second-rounder Jerome Jordan a contract. Jordan, a low-post center unlike Ajinca, is in Slovenia but wants a trade if he is not invited to training camp Friday and offered a deal.

If Ajinca signs, it would mark the first time an NBA franchise has two French centers on the roster. Ronny Turiaf is French and both are clients of agent Mark Bartelstein. Free agency officially begins Friday, as do the opening of camps, but agents have been allowed to talk to teams since Thursday.

The Knicks, meanwhile, are in the hunt for veteran small forwards Grant Hill and Cleveland’s Anthony Parker, who is more attainable. Hill is leaning toward staying in Phoenix.

They plan on re-signing Jared Jeffries, feeling his brief late-season tenure was not a fair measure. However, a league source said the Nets have also made a Jeffries inquiry.

indifferent.gif

What are you stonefacing for? We have NO money! The Knicks need a developmental big, along with some size that they can plug and play right now.

Originally Posted by The Wizard

What are you stonefacing for? We have NO money! The Knicks need a developmental big, along with some size that they can plug and play right now.
Because Dantoni and his soft #@! centers that's why
Ajinca couldn't even get off the bench in Toronto 

Dude is like a softer version of Shawn Bradley that hangs at the 3 point line

Gray, Kwame , Crazy eyes , Sheldon Williams , Reggie Evans , > Ajinca

None of those guys are under 27, who do you suggest instead?

Also, who is to say that we aren't going after any of them as well?

Originally Posted by The Wizard

None of those guys are under 27, who do you suggest instead?

Also, who is to say that we aren't going after any of them as well?

Just because he is under 27 does not mean he is any good or ever will be , we need a defensive presence not a skinny 7 footer who shoot 3's.
Your right who knows I guess well see soon though.

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

i actually had to add in some people since the end of the lockout...
the cutoff is 113...go by the list.

the list was made for a reason anyway 
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Add me to the list famo. I never saw the need for it..till now
laugh.gif

you were already on the list 

I'll take Ajinca. Dude's 23, 7'2'' and apparently has a decent jumpshot. Knicks need to stockpile as many bodies as possible.

Yall never know...we could get lucky with a center. Tyson Chandler was a just a body and an EC to get rid of Dampier til he sold his soul.

Yeah, give Ajinca a chance. Nobody had hope in Mozgov when he was out there starting. Maybe Pringles can work with w/e the kid has. At 7'2" he can score in the pain with a baby jumper at the least if he doesn't already have that in his arsenal and at that height he should be able to block.

Hope we get Parker.

I agree, get me reggie the goon evans and kurt thomas to come off the bench. Dont know much about this frenchie but $%*# age we need some defensive minded role players with that charles oakley im onna $%*# your *$@$ up before you get an easy bucket mindset to come off of our bench.

I also believe both of them would sign for the minimum which would be great, only problem would be lack of size/athletisism

I woulnt be mad at Jeff Foster. He rebounds extremely well and apparently Donnie's been pushing the organization to take a long look at him.

He'd be perfect next to Amare and Melo. Grab all their misses and he's good at offensive boards.

You sign this French dude simply for the extra trade piece he makes in any CP deal. We need as many talented young players as possible. Now just because you sign this snail eating sob doesn't mean you call it a day. Bring in Kurt Thomas or Jeff Foster and someone like Reggie Evans that could rebound like hell.

Kurt wants to stay in Chicago cause he thinks they have "a better shot at a championship" . Please bring in Jeff Foster I've been clamoring for this dude since he %$#@& Chicago's frontline in the postseason.

Back
Top Bottom