let this thread die (NYK)

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 @ X'n off his victims

[h1]In China, an Instant Star and an Emerging Symbol[/h1]
yCHINAFANS-articleLarge.jpg

Sam Yeh/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images

Jeremy Lin, whose parents grew up in Taiwan, was front-page news in the Taipei newspapers. But China is highlighting its ties to him also.

[h6]By KEITH BRADSHER[/h6][h6]Published: February 14, 2012[/h6]
http://www.nytimes.com/adx/bin/adx_...=http://www.foxsearchlight.com/thedescendants

HANGZHOU, China — The clearest sign that Jeremy Lin’s appeal has spanned the Pacific to mainland China may lie not in the 1.4 million Chinese microblog messages mentioning him in recent days, but in a rare failure to meet demand here in the heart of one of the world’s largest centers of pirated garment manufacturing.

“His jerseys have sold out, even including the counterfeit ones,â€

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

I think my favorite thing about the Lin game winner was that it was against Calderon..This dude was walking around like he was Lin's kryptonite and doing the JR Smith 3 point sign every time he hit a 3..He was getting extra pumped for no damn reason just because for once in his career he's finally playing well. In the 1st quarter, he hit his 2nd three pointer and the Knicks called a time out and this clown is screaming "LETS %*!+%*% GOOOOO!!" I was watching like "Word? You're that hyped because you're outplaying Lin IN THE FIRST QUARTER?"

Then Lin !++$ on this dude's life and nailed a game winner right in his ugly $$*$*% face. After Lin hit that 3, this lame !$% 30 year old NBA player that looks like he's actually 50 with a fake birth certificate (word to Danny Almonte) turned around and just walked to the bench. I felt like flying to Toronto and camping out in front of the Raptors practice facility just to laugh in this dude's face in person.

Spoiler [+]
Goddamn I hate this dude Calderon
totally agree 
qeaw8.png

Revenge...sweet sweet revenge...
laugh.gif

eek.gif
they ran out of real AND counterfeit jerseys in China.........the clock's ticking, I just count the hours.

and
30t6p3b.gif
@ not playing Denver or Memphis again. Rudy and Marc better count they blessings.

I think my favorite thing about the Lin game winner was that it was against Calderon..This dude was walking around like he was Lin's kryptonite and doing the JR Smith 3 point sign every time he hit a 3..He was getting extra pumped for no damn reason just because for once in his career he's finally playing well. In the 1st quarter, he hit his 2nd three pointer and the Knicks called a time out and this clown is screaming "LETS %*!+%*% GOOOOO!!" I was watching like "Word? You're that hyped because you're outplaying Lin IN THE FIRST QUARTER?"

Then Lin !++$ on this dude's life and nailed a game winner right in his ugly $$*$*% face. After Lin hit that 3, this lame !$% 30 year old NBA player that looks like he's actually 50 with a fake birth certificate (word to Danny Almonte) turned around and just walked to the bench. I felt like flying to Toronto and camping out in front of the Raptors practice facility just to laugh in this dude's face in person.

Spoiler [+]
totally agree 
qeaw8.png

These guys being racist in their And 1 Mixtape jerseys..Enjoy that Silver Medal you *%@!# ##% mo-fos

Spoiler [+]
totally agree 
qeaw8.png

These guys being racist in their And 1 Mixtape jerseys..Enjoy that Silver Medal you *%@!# ##% mo-fos
Lin's hit list currently includes Rubio, Calderon, and Pau Gasol. Marc and Rudy will meet their fate soon enough. 

^ tell em why you mad son!

and proph bringing back the NBA Jam avy
pimp.gif

the bootleg jerseys being sold out too? well damn.
eek.gif

since i dont have MSG or whatever, im catching the 'Raptors Game in an Hour' is on. i believe that the MSG network has something like that right?

im off tomorrow, so im watching the recap at 2am
grin.gif
pimp.gif

[h3]5. Iman Shumpert[/h3]
Shumpert has been all over the place in these rankings. He's been in the top three, at the bottom of the list, off the list, and now he's back in the top five. His recent surge is largely thanks to Jeremy Lin's impact on the New York Knicks. Now that Shumpert is playing with a true point guard, the rookie's performance is improving. But it's not really because Lin is getting the ball to Shumpert in positions to score. Instead, teams have been focusing so much on Lin and denying him the basketball that defenses are becoming stretched out, opening driving lanes for Shumpert.
grant_e_shumpertlin_576.jpg

Courtesy of Sebastian Pruiti
grant_e_shumpertlin2_576.jpg

Courtesy of Sebastian Pruiti
In these images, look where Lin and his defender are on the court. Ricky Rubio, guarding Lin, is in the passing lane, trying to prevent a pass to Lin. That leaves him out of position to help on dribble penetration. This allows Shumpert to use his first step and beat his man to the basket. Shumpert went from playing out of position at point guard, to playing shooting guard alongside bad point guards like Mike Bibby and Toney Douglas, to playing next to Lin, who just had one of the most astounding weeks in recent NBA history. Shumpert no longer has to worry about running an offense. He just has to be aggressive and try to score when an opportunity opens up. That's something Shumpert can do very well.

ShumpaLin  ... get him in the game

Spoiler [+]
That's some of the funniest stuff I've read in years. It feels good right now guys.

I'm on a Knicks high right now. Excited about how this season will progress now. Wish STAT had knees though.

It's funny but, if Lin comes on a week earlier, the whole all-star weekend might be different.

I think Tyson makes the all-star game and Shump and Lin make the rookie-sophomore game.
Hell maybe Novak makes the 3pt contest.

That ain't important though...playoffs are.
We need Baron or some kinda real backup (trade for Aaron Brooks?
nerd.gif
), because it's cookies when Lin sits.
30t6p3b.gif

And maybe JR, because Fields and Shump are still really, really bad 3pt shooters and with guys who draw double teams like Amar'e and Melo, that's vital.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

he made the front page
front021512.jpg
nydn.CoverContent

First the Giants win the Super Bowl then BAM the emergence of Linsanity! Feels good to be a New Yorker right now
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

132927539988095.jpg
132927544511696.jpg
132927554511021.jpg
132927561710385.jpg
132927575794845.jpg
132927581573672.jpg

132927589261465.jpg

132927590356315.jpg

132927630587287.jpg
132927682858368.jpg
13292768286796.jpg

132927707983271.jpg

132927774056836.jpg

132927798910026.jpg
132927798959849.jpg
132927799035074.jpg
13292784738970.jpg

132927882727808.jpg
132928032558039.jpg

132928032658506.jpg

132928033878606.jpg
132928147656617.jpg
132928195656172.jpg
132928263887257.jpg
132928339632258.jpg
132928407425338.jpg

132928407334540.jpg
132928481111588.jpg
132928871856577.jpg
132928872022014.jpg
132928942166781.jpg

I just had to quote this for the hell of it... LOL!!!

But seriously, I've never seen anything like this in all my years watching NBA ball. Hopefully he can keep it going when Melo comes back. If so... this team is an absolute #PROBLEM!

Back
Top Bottom