let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Originally Posted by throwback1718

Originally Posted by debs 168

i still view everything with cautious optimism. 
eyes.gif
Likewise ...
Exactly.Not gonna go crazy.
We always in the same boat. *tips hat*

Y'all *!#*@+ in here will go crazy regardless of how it works but you gotta give time for everyone to mesh. It's training camp all over again...

He's a sensational spot up shooter.

Put him alongside Lin and he'd be great for when the defense helps on the pick and roll

The only issue is if he does any hero ball stuff on anything except the second unit.

Knicks didn't have enough goons after Shawne left. The Knicks have too many guys that are on the court to break up fights but not enough to get in a dudes face..Like when Metta World Feces was being overly physical with Bill Walker last week, nobody did anything besides Landry trying to stand between them so nothing happened. JR Smith would be all up in Metta's face, telling him that it looks like he cuts his own hair and that his psychiatrist is doing a terrible job. That's a role the Knicks needed for awhile now

I love JR Smith's talent

but i hate to think what another "selfish offensive player - next to no defense player" can do to the chemistry on this team.

I really like  fields and lin's chemistry, and i also love the way novak is playing.

we'll see, but i dont think JR was needed.

good news for all you New Yorkers,
i just saw on twitter that Knicks games will be back on Time Warner...

EDIT:

i dont want to get ahead of myself, but ill just say that i like that we got JR. hes a scorer off the bench, and thats what we really needed. 

and with JR on the team, i guess Phil Jackson aint thinking about coaching us anymore...
laugh.gif

this is going to be one helluva season...

pimp.gif

Time Warner isn't dumb. They knew with the huge media attention that Linsanity is getting that dudes would not hesitate to drop Time Warner for FiOs. They probably lost tens of thousands of customers over the past week or 2.

I can understand people's concerns with his attitude and our soft coaching staff but to mention as if the offense would have been fine without an offensive player like him is absurd, IMO. Lin and Melo are the only two guys on this team that can create. We don't even have an established backup PG yet. We needed someone off the bench that didn't require having to be set up by either of the two.

A risk you have to take. Amar'e + Melo + Chandler, we're all-in moves. This team is built to win now. Is JR a risk? Of course, he is one that could horribly backfire. But is it is a risk you have take? 100%. Come playoff time a backcourt with JR and B.Diddy off the bench? That's as good as anybody in the league can do. We have depth now. JR can go out in the playoffs and win a couple game for you. That's a huge advantage to have. As Dub just said, scared money don't make no money.

Now behind from Miami, we are the second most talented team in the East. Talent wins in basketball 9/10 times. Plus this is a JR Smith who is in a contract year aiming to ball out and have a big contract. If there is a year to have him, it is definitely this one.

Im not the biggest fan of the move, but it is what it is. At this point, JR can be a terrific spark off the bench. I do think we all are sleeping on Tyson's ability to gain respect on this team and his boost to morale. That plus Lin plus Melo having familiarity with his game should give us some optimism. That plus realistically being able to make a ton of noise in the East will be an interesting prospect.

Everyone who's not a Knicks fan is hating on the move is a fan of a team that wanted him or considered him, from the Lakers to the Bulls to the rest of them.

For now, i like our bench....Playing against him in practice should make Shump better and it gives us versatility. Screw Bill Walker though.

Yep, a necessary risk.

High-character, defensive minded, veterans who can shoot the 3 are not available right now. We all want someone who is less of a head case.. but all things considered, it's a solid move. And like amp said, JR alone can go off a few times and shoot lights out and that can be the difference maker in a game or series.

TITLE CHANGE!!!!

Jeremy lin ended the Time Warner/MSG crap. this is the gift that keeps on giving

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

http://twitter.com/NYPost_Berman
Marc Berman: Allan Houston named to All Star Shooting Stars game.
I read this at first thinking damn they brought my boy out of retirement for that 3pt contest?
laugh.gif

http://twitter.com/Al_Iannazzone
Al Iannazzone: New York added to the Shooting Stars challenge at A-S Weekend. It will be Landry Fields, Allan Houston and the Liberty's Cappie Pondexter.
The Knicks will be in the house on ASW
pimp.gif

hmmm, I thought Lin was playing in the Shooting Stars Challenge with Allen Houston and Pondexter. ESPN tweet from yesterday.

ESPNLin_original.jpg

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

http://twitter.com/NYPost_Berman
Marc Berman: Allan Houston named to All Star Shooting Stars game.
I read this at first thinking damn they brought my boy out of retirement for that 3pt contest?
laugh.gif

http://twitter.com/Al_Iannazzone
Al Iannazzone: New York added to the Shooting Stars challenge at A-S Weekend. It will be Landry Fields, Allan Houston and the Liberty's Cappie Pondexter.
The Knicks will be in the house on ASW
pimp.gif

H20!
pimp.gif

Who's the 5 on floor for the last 5 minutes of the ball game come crunch time for yall? 

-Lin

-Melo

-Amare

-Tyson

Landry, Shump, or JR?

eh I guess this is a good problem to have though. match-up nightmare central 
sick.gif

hell, even throw in Novak if you need a 3pt'r

ya know JR is only here for this season right? MLE is going to Lin this summer. JR will ball out of his mind to cashing in this summer.

MLE is going to Lin but JR has a player option for a 2nd year so JR can still be on the roster come 2012-13. But with 5 seconds on the clock and needing a 3 pointer, the team now has JR Smith, Melo, Novak, Lin, and Amar'e (he's solid from that straight away 3) That will definitely come in handy during close games

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

MLE is going to Lin but JR has a player option for a 2nd year so JR can still be on the roster come 2012-13. But with 5 seconds on the clock and needing a 3 pointer, the team now has JR Smith, Melo, Novak, Lin, and Amar'e (he's solid from that straight away 3) That will definitely come in handy during close games

player option is there in case he gets injured. It's been confirmed he is opting out if he's not injured.

Originally Posted by RawSheed

Who's the 5 on floor for the last 5 minutes of the ball game come crunch time for yall? 

-Lin

-Melo

-Amare

-Tyson

Landry, Shump, or JR?

eh I guess this is a good problem to have though. match-up nightmare central 
sick.gif

hell, even throw in Novak if you need a 3pt'r
Shump on defense, JR on offense. Fields if either fouled out. I say that cuz more times than not Fields would be guarding a guy that won't have impact on the end of a game if does his job. IMO Shump and JR are game changers in close games coming to the end.

Novak would be in the last 2 min if they need some 3s.

Back
Top Bottom