let this thread die (NYK)

We still have Jerome Jordan. I think hes averaging 18ppg, 8rpg wherever he is.
But idk the competition level over there

If i'm you guys i'm going out and giving up some young dudes for Rajon. Celt's will take some young dudes.

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

If i'm you guys i'm going out and giving up some young dudes for Rajon. Celt's will take some young dudes.

If you're a contender, you don't trade a great player to a contender in your own conference, let alone division (especially maybe your biggest rival) unless you're slapping the $!*@ out of them or getting back a great player.

STAT, Melo, Deron and Dwight all playing in NY. Maybe I'll go to one Brooklyn Nets game.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

If Shumpert develops and Douglas improves his offensive consistency, we can have a great set of role players around Melo, Amare, and Chandler (I wouldn't call him a role player..He's just not a big offensive guy)..We'd have Fields, Shumpert, Toney, and Extra E..I like that supporting cast, and if we can incorporate a talented starting PG into the mix, I like our chances of making an ECF run

That's a big IF. He looks so damn good, athletic as hell, but who knows where is mind is at. Knicks have not had much luck with rookies in a while.

I want Baron to be the starting PG on this team so damn bad oop's to Chandler and Stat all day
30t6p3b.gif

Baron/Douglas/Shumpert

Fields/Shumpert/Douglas

Melo/Purp/Fields

Stat/Purp/Jeffries

Chandler/Jeffries/Stat

sick.gif

Why doesn't D'Antoni run a Melo/Amare pick and roll more often...I think it'd be quite effective.

Originally Posted by 8PM at MSG

Why doesn't D'Antoni run a Melo/Amare pick and roll more often...I think it'd be quite effective.

He can run anything he wants and we still aren't going anywhere with d Antoni.

alanhahn Alan Hahn
RT @HowardBeckNYT: Tyson Chandler deal will be done today, w/Billups amnestied, according to source.
2 minutes ago
[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
happy.gif

[/font]

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

alanhahn Alan Hahn
RT @HowardBeckNYT: Tyson Chandler deal will be done today, w/Billups amnestied, according to source.
2 minutes ago

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
happy.gif

[/font]

might be enough to make HTTB a Knick fan again
smokin.gif

interesting note:

Chandler has been on 4 different teams the past 6 years. Each team was a Top 10 defense with him and 5/6 years he's been on a Top 9 defense, the lowest of the 6th years was on the 14th ranked defensive team.

Top 10 isn't happening here, but At worst, it should fall in the 15-20 range and even that is improvement.

We'll see what Woodson helps with, too. Not overly optimistic since D'Antoni's Suns teams defended better than his Hawks. But at least now there is a coach with a defensive back ground (who isn't a family member who is a former HS coach) on the staff
Should just improve by default with having an actual 7' that isn't a stiff. & We'll go to playing a bigger SF (Melo) than what we often played at PF (Chandler). Melo and Amare can't/won't defend but having their size at the 3 and 4 helps

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Whatever you're smoking on, put that #%! down.

Top 10 defense? I chuckled.

Miami
Bulls
Grizzlies

Thunder

Celtics

Lakers

Magic

Spurs

Bucks

Knicks 

How is that unrealistic with a center that was 2nd in DPOY last season and coming off a championship ? Just him anchoring the middle alone will make Stat and Melo better defenders along with TD, Shumpert, and Fields our Perimeter defense will also improve.

HowardBeckNYT Howard Beck
Knicks have about 5 scenarios in play for trading Turiaf to clear more cap room for Tyson Chandler. One of them gets done today, I'm told.

another piece of the puzzle? Vescey so take it with a grain
The Knicks offered Amar’e Stoudemire but were summarily rejected.
Link

Before I start reaching on what happened these last few days...tell me thats bs.

Back
Top Bottom