let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Pretty Much the Heat defense is ridiculous and we have no shot.

No they aren't ? al they got is athletic and speed , they dont have a defense that just clamps down. Our stars played bad and we just lost by 12. And we were in it for most of it. We just gotta play harder and score. STUPID turnovers by amare and lin turned into easy points for them which were the points that made the difference. We get everyone on the same page and CUT THE TURNOVERS down I'm 99% we can beat them. Idk swears that they're impossible to beat. Smh

They treated it like game 7 of the finals. They can't play harder than that.

Dantoni will be routinely out coached in the playoffs unfortunately.

The guy in the video brought up a good point, if they can unload a shot from the 3 pt line, before the Heat's defense sets up that can be very effective. Come to think of it, the Mavs did that in the Finals. 

Pointless to talk about a match-up with them. If this team plays as lazy in stretches as it did Thursday night, Philly & Indiana would out-work them in a series.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

http://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN
Frank Isola: Carmelo just made 5 of 6 shots from half court. Mike D'Antoni should try to work that into the Knicks offense
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

I was watching that. He was on fire 
pimp.gif
 And they weren't even off the backboard. It was like he was shooting from the 3 point line 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Pointless to talk about a match-up with them. If this team plays as lazy in stretches as it did Thursday night, Philly & Indiana would out-work them in a series.
do you think that the coaching staff gets into melo and amare? for not hustling and diving on loose balls and stuff?
as much as i hate wade and bron. you have to admit that they just want it more. they do the small things

I don't know, I doubt it..just cause I don't think that happens often in the NBA and D'Antoni and his staff are or want to remain players coaches. But I mean, all they have to do is take a cue from Tyson on how to approach every possession. Not asking them to go all out each night, but on a prime-time game before the AS break? thought they could have found a way to match Miami's aggression.

They're saying the right things and Amare's the first guy off the bench to encourage teammates during timeouts and stuff..but I mean, c'mon..save it for on the court.

we are lucky that our role players hustle and dont take on the personalities of the stars.

Tyson was the best knicks move is years. I honestly believ that. His impact is way beyond stats. pure heart

I wonder if Tyson gets on amare and melo? i dunno. If i was the coach I would have made Tyson captain. check amare and melo ego. Just like heat did with lebron his first year. wade and haslem were captains not bron.

I've seen Tyson get on STAT. With Melo it's something more where you have to be looking from the bench to comment and correct what he doesn't do on defense.

It is about the little things they don't do though.

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

Originally Posted by MrONegative

No they aren't ? al they got is athletic and speed , they dont have a defense that just clamps down. Our stars played bad and we just lost by 12. And we were in it for most of it. We just gotta play harder and score. STUPID turnovers by amare and lin turned into easy points for them which were the points that made the difference. We get everyone on the same page and CUT THE TURNOVERS down I'm 99% we can beat them. Idk swears that they're impossible to beat. Smh

Remind me again, please. Who are "Our Stars"? I know the two players on our team getting paid "Star Money", but I can't recall any true "Stars"on this team, especially this year.

Remind me again, please. Who are "Our Stars"? I know the two players on our team getting paid "Star Money", but I can't recall any true "Stars"on this team, especially this year.

Amare , he put in work last year , sons brother died and hasn't been mentally into the games all season well see after the break how he comes back, if he wanted he could put up 28 a night he showed that last year. And Carmelo, that guy whos the face of the franchise , the one who was been injured most of the past 2 months, he needs to get comfortable again which I see happening after this weekend. Plus the whole teams need to get together and get on the same page which I saw flashes of that in the Heat game.

Amare , he put in work last year , sons brother died and hasn't been mentally into the games all season well see after the break how he comes back, if he wanted he could put up 28 a night he showed that last year. And Carmelo, that guy whos the face of the franchise , the one who was been injured most of the past 2 months, he needs to get comfortable again which I see happening after this weekend. Plus the whole teams need to get together and get on the same page which I saw flashes of that in the Heat game.
Okay 
laugh.gif

Before Amares brother he was trash. His athleticism and aggression has vanished. I'm not even to mad about that but the fact that his jumper isn't falling is ridiculous. He has constantly bricked and air-balled jumpers this season. He is not a star

As for Melo...not even getting into it.

Lets sign Allan Houston btw!!!

Back
Top Bottom