let this thread die (NYK)

Either Stat or Melo has to start the game on the bench. You lose too much on the rebounding/defensive end with both on the court at the same time, not to mention both stand around like lawn chairs on the offensive end unless they get the ball

We have to trade Fields cuz he isn't a sg and he's made bad decisions. Seeing as how he's an actual tradeable player on this team I say we do it. Son aint bringing the impact he use to. I'm not gonna praise dude for driving on Kyle Korver. Really though, Imma need a sg on this team that can shoot.

I'm not gonna be delusional and say trade STAT or Melo cuz it's not going to happen. IT IS NOT.

Oh yeah props to Lin on that one block he had on Rose. I jumped up for that.

Amar'e is mentally gone. Once I saw how he wasn't asking for the ball I knew he was a lost cause in this game unless ppl sought him out and chose to feed him the ball.

MUg4q.gif

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Another night where melo takes 21 shots to score 21 points. That ain't gonna cut it

oh.

Could've sworn if we just grabbed 4 more defensive boards we would've won

Stoudemire not jumping for the rebound epitomizes this team and coach

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

This team just needs another 30 games to mesh..Unfortunately for them, the playoffs vacations and gone fishing are 22 games away

thats better 

I do think Lin had a great first three quarters. Don't like him and baon together

There are some really bad defenders on the bulls yet their coach makes it work

According to many of you dantoni is being paid 6 million bucks to wear nice suits. Because the coach is responsible for absolutely nothing according to many posters

I mean I could do that job then. But all in all we lst because of the offensive rebounds so I'm not gonna analyze anything

Regardless of how badly we got outrebounded we should have won this game. 21 shots to score 21 points tho .... Seems like that's happening every night with melo. I mean he is our most lethal scorer right? Yet we can't seem to get a great game from him to help us win a game. Say goodbye to the playoffs.

Fields plays his ROLE, something other people have no clue about, the hell does trading him solve.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

This team just needs another 30 games to mesh..Unfortunately for them, the playoffs are 22 games away
laugh.gif
@ this and your season thread post.

I am numb to this as well. Been so for a while I mean after the first 6 game losing streak it doesn't hit you as hard the 2nd time. Only posts in here got me like
grin.gif
I'm also off that thought of us making noise in the playoffs if we make it. This team as it is now will get swept in the playoffs. 22 games later won't change a whole lot imo.

I think for all dudes complaining about several things (except for Mez believing there's no hope for the team as long as Dolan is the owner), it'll really all fall in place if we don't get in the playoffs. Pringles will be gone, Melo & STAT will both be blamed heavily all summer. We'll probably have an official GM and we'll hear some rumors about trading one of the two, maybe even both if things don't work out next season. New coach or new system there'll be no excuses for these two max guys playing with no effort game to game. Most of you will get what you want or get closer to it.

So I aint even really mad.

The knicks have the talent to beat the bulls but they don't have the effort. Yall lost on the o-boards

and real question : has Melo or Amare ever hit the deck for a loose ball? Saw two instances where they had

the advantage on a ball but a red jersey hit the deck and stole it.

Spoiler [+]
Feels good to have a players like "dirty" d wade and Lebron who dive , block shots, d up bigger players etc ...

I don't think anyone in their wildest nightmares ever expected this Knicks team to be so pathetic this late into the season..If I sat here last year when the Knicks first signed STAT and told you "In 2012, the Knicks will have Amar'e, Tyson Chandler, Carmelo, Baron Davis, JR Smith, a rookie that plays great defense, a PG that is actually capable of passing and attacks the paint, and a 3 point shooter that is 2nd in the league in 3s..You'd hit me with the
pimp.gif
and tell me that team is gonna make a deep playoff run..If I told you that team will be tied for 8th with the Bucks, you'd think I was shooting up heroine.

However...here we are..............

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

The problem is that Stat is a SF 20 points... 3 rebounds
Can't remember who said it but it's like he's a step slow...permanently
30t6p3b.gif
On that one play where he boxed out its like his brain failed to process the fact that after boxing out comes chasing the rebound.
And D'Antoni apologists need to @%$@@! Accountability starts at the top. This dudes rotations, decision-making and play-calling are piss poor. You got the number 2 shooter in the game only playing 14 minutes. You got one of the best young defenders in the league riding pine. You got Landry Fields starting for what? To hold Lin's hand? You gotta put in Shump or Novak. And let's talk about the ill-timed timeouts. Or the lack of go-to plays for the offense to run when things stagnate. Or how bout his inability to put the right players in at the right time. We were getting crushed on the boards tonight and he went to a small lineup. Ok. We were at the line down 6 and instead of subbing in Novak after the first free throw he stays with the same lineup. Melo subsequently forces up a shot as the defense focuses in on him. Ok. How bout our team has no inside-out, or outside-in game going. It's straight ring-around-the-mfn-rosey with the ball passing it around the perimeter like a damn college hoops team. Man the motherfu...dammit lemme chill. Dude D'Antoni got me tight right now 
mad.gif

We need more games to gel?

More games to gel won't solve Amare being 6'11 and rebounding like a 6"0 guard.

More games to gel won't solve still-questionable substitution patters and horrible usage of timeout's (or lack thereof)

More games to gel won't solve Melo's attitude of getting his shot blocked only to jog back on defense and see Rose outrun him to the other end for a fast break layup.

Korver had 7 rebounds. U really think he'd be doing stuff like that on our team? Do you really?

Originally Posted by blackredxiiigoat

More games to gel won't solve still-questionable substitution patters and horrible usage of timeout's (or lack thereof)

More games to gel won't solve Melo's attitude of getting his shot blocked only to jog back on defense and see Rose outrun him to the other end for a fast break layup.
You mean rebounding like a recreational baller. Pretty sure I could play an NBA game and luck out for 3 rebounds.
And I agree Melo should not be jogging back but lettuce be cereal, he's not catching Rose in the open court. No one is. At least not on our team.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Fields plays his ROLE, something other people have no clue about, the hell does trading him solve.

ding ding ding
His role should be off the bench. He's not bringing significant offense, defense or hustle to the starting lineup, so wth is he starting for?

[Save the trash talk for game threads.  If you're not a Knicks fan, you shouldn't be in here.]

IRRELEVANCE!!!!

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by blackredxiiigoat

You mean rebounding like a recreational baller. Pretty sure I could play an NBA game and luck out for 3 rebounds.
And I agree Melo should not be jogging back but lettuce be cereal, he's not catching Rose in the open court. No one is. At least not on our team.

Agreed.

Not to combat your point about not catching Rose, but you still have to run back in the hopes of a missed layup and maybe a rebound.

I'm not naive, I know there a lot of NBA players that don't get back on stuff like that but when you're supposed to be a team leader getting paid $20 million, stuff like that is in the job description.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

ding ding ding
What role? Son is still a shadow of the rookie we saw last season. Rebounding, fg% all down. If son is playing his role he might as well do it on the bench and let Shump get those minutes and I'm not even making a big deal as if it's the most important thing but as far as moveable players, move them. I've always been an advocate of getting the bums off the team if we could realistically get rid of them.

Anyway,
[table][tr][td] Wed 14[/td][td] vs Portland [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Fri 16[/td][td] vs Indiana [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Sat 17[/td][td] @ Indiana  [/td][td] 7:00pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Tue 20[/td][td] vs Toronto [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Wed 21[/td][td] @ Philadelphia  [/td][td] 7:00pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] 
broadcast_ESPN.gif
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Fri 23[/td][td] @ Toronto  [/td][td] 7:00pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Sat 24[/td][td] vs Detroit [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Mon 26[/td][td] vs Milwaukee [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Wed 28[/td][td] vs Orlando [/td][td] 7:00pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] 
broadcast_ESPN.gif
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Fri 30[/td][td] @ Atlanta  [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Sat 31[/td][td] vs Cleveland [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]April[/td][td]Opponent[/td][td]Time[/td][td]Local TV[/td][td]Nat TV[/td][td]Radio[/td][/tr][tr][td] Tue 03[/td][td] @ Indiana  [/td][td] 7:00pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Thu 05[/td][td] @ Orlando  [/td][td] 7:00pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] 
broadcast_TNT.gif
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Sun 08[/td][td] vs Chicago [/td][td] 1:00pm[/td][td] [/td][td] 
broadcast_ABC.gif
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Tue 10[/td][td] @ Chicago  [/td][td] 9:30pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] 
broadcast_ESPN.gif
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Wed 11[/td][td] @ Milwaukee  [/td][td] 8:00pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Fri 13[/td][td] vs Washington [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Sun 15[/td][td] vs Miami [/td][td] 1:00pm[/td][td] [/td][td] 
broadcast_ABC.gif
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Tue 17[/td][td] vs Boston [/td][td] 8:00pm[/td][td] [/td][td] 
broadcast_TNT.gif
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Wed 18[/td][td] @ New Jersey  [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Fri 20[/td][td] @ Cleveland  [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Sun 22[/td][td] @ Atlanta  [/td][td] 1:00pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] 
broadcast_ESPN.gif
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Wed 25[/td][td] vs LA Clippers [/td][td] 8:00pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] 
broadcast_ESPN.gif
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Thu 26[/td][td] @ Charlotte  [/td][td] 8:00pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] 
broadcast_TNT.gif
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table]
The teams in bold are the ones we actually might beat with the last 22 games of this season. So far this past week the same ppl been saying the same things. Might as well root for us to miss the playoffs. It'll obviously have to get incredibly worse before it gets better.

Back
Top Bottom