let this thread die (NYK)

Crawford over all our current pgs though.

I assume if we reached out to him Pringles was okay with it and he would have to play him if he did come here.

Crawford would give us a guard off the bench who could score, that is one area of need.

If we have to trade Douglas for him, then you're giving up a defender (although one who makes mistakes too often) for a guy who can give you a spark off the bench. With Bibby I'd like Douglas as a defensive alternative, but perhaps Shumpert can step up immediately and fill that role.

If they were able to get Crawford some how ...
pimp.gif

Billups needs to stop @$#$+*+ crying. Be happy you got an extra $10 million from the Knicks for NOTHING and understand it's business. You've been in the league long enough to know how it works. I hope no one signs him now since he's crying his *%% off and making himself look like a *!@!+.

Is bibby really an upgrade from billups?
Im only interested in barrera if hes cheap and off the bench

Originally Posted by GRideBounca11

A spanish source is saying JJ Barea has signed, and theyre waiting to make the announcement manana.
Signed where?
nerd.gif

Yeah I know you're posting in this thread but still I have to ask, might think you in the season thread
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MrDozo

Is bibby really an upgrade from billups?
Im only interested in barrera if hes cheap and off the bench
No not at all but if he's just a spot 3pt shooter used to spread the floor he might be better than Billups in that category.

Wouldn't mind JJ for cheap either.

taken from a realgm poster:

According to @tabpr on twitter, who is apparently a spanish sports reporter, JJ is coming to us tomorrow
@tabpr
Tiro al Blanco
(NBA) FUENTES NOS INDICAN QUE JJ BAREA FIRMARA CON LOS NEW YORK KNICKS, EL ANUNCIO PODRIA SER OFICIALIZADO... fb.me/1kuZZv8gz

which, whole message translated, comes out to this:

(NBA) SOURCES tell us that JJ Barea signed with the New York Knicks, the announcement could be formalized DURING THE DAY TOMORROW.

Now I think about it,

They signed Jeffries before they signed Shawne. I understand what Jeffries brings to this team, but for an offense with no shooters besides Bibby (if you could call him that), a cat like Shawne is needed. I think they didn't bank on getting Tyson till it actually happened so they wanted a big body.

One day after reaching a surprising agreement with center Tyson Chandler, the New YorkKnicks  are attempting to acquire another notable free agent. The Knicks are zeroing in on Jamal Crawford and trying to add the veteran shooting guard through a sign-and-trade, according to sources close to the situation.

The Knicks contacted Crawford’s camp on Friday and are trying to sell him on the situation. Crawford would have to take a significant pay cut to join the Knicks, but sources say he’s open to the idea.

New York is over the cap and has no exception money. They also have few trade assets to offer. If the Hawks were willing to do a sign-and-trade with New York built around Renaldo Balkman’s $1.67 million deal, Bill Walker’s $916,000 deal and Toney Douglas’ $1.145 million deal, the Knicks would be sending out $3.73 million in salaries. The new collective bargaining agreement would allow New York to take back 150 percent plus or minus $100,000, which would give Crawford a starting salary of $5.6 million.

Last season, Crawford averaged 14.2 points for the Atlanta Hawks. In 2010, Crawford won the NBA’s Sixth Man of the Year award. Mike Woodson, who is now an assistant coach with the Knicks, coached Crawford in Atlanta and the two are still very close.

The Knicks are doing whatever they can to surround Carmelo Anthony and Amar’e Stoudemire with talent. The addition of Chandler was a start and they’d love to add Crawford to their core as well.
[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I remember when my son dropped 52 on Wade at the Garden , I was at that game mad young 
pimp.gif
 Bring my guy back
[/font]

Jared signed up for the vet minimum though.

Shawne reportedly has multi-year deal offers out there from other teams. Can't blame if he leaves considering the (unstable) career he's had to this point.

Originally Posted by DubA169

In all seriousness nobody should give a %+#+ what dantoni wants.

That snake oil salesman wore out his visit. He's a grimy slick dude.

You guys should ease up on Chauncey IMO. We don't know what was said behind closed doors. It sounds like he was all in and is disappointed he got shown the door. We were all shocked we signed Tyson. So imagine how he felt. Money isn't everything.
I pretty much agree with every line typed here.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

One day after reaching a surprising agreement with center Tyson Chandler, the New YorkKnicks  are attempting to acquire another notable free agent. The Knicks are zeroing in on Jamal Crawford and trying to add the veteran shooting guard through a sign-and-trade, according to sources close to the situation.

The Knicks contacted Crawford’s camp on Friday and are trying to sell him on the situation. Crawford would have to take a significant pay cut to join the Knicks, but sources say he’s open to the idea.

New York is over the cap and has no exception money. They also have few trade assets to offer. If the Hawks were willing to do a sign-and-trade with New York built around Renaldo Balkman’s $1.67 million deal, Bill Walker’s $916,000 deal and Toney Douglas’ $1.145 million deal, the Knicks would be sending out $3.73 million in salaries. The new collective bargaining agreement would allow New York to take back 150 percent plus or minus $100,000, which would give Crawford a starting salary of $5.6 million.

Last season, Crawford averaged 14.2 points for the Atlanta Hawks. In 2010, Crawford won the NBA’s Sixth Man of the Year award. Mike Woodson, who is now an assistant coach with the Knicks, coached Crawford in Atlanta and the two are still very close.

The Knicks are doing whatever they can to surround Carmelo Anthony and Amar’e Stoudemire with talent. The addition of Chandler was a start and they’d love to add Crawford to their core as well.

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I remember when my son dropped 52 on Wade at the Garden , I was at that game mad young 
pimp.gif
 Bring my guy back
[/font]

PLEASE PLEASE let this happen.

Shuges I kind of feel like u been agreeing with me a lot haha.

Where u been at so much madness

Jamal for Douglas?

Ill like Douglas for the cheaper (and younger) not to mention a better defender, but i'm opening my arms for my boy Jamal back.

This is going to be a complete different team..

So now that Lakers pulled out of the CP3 trade. He'll prob just go to another team where he won't sign an extension and then come to NY next year as a free agent
pimp.gif

#wishfulthinking

Originally Posted by Cels The YoungGod

Crawford as 6th man gives anyone a good bench...that boy can light it up

Based on that video, we should def sign him as our 6th man.
Knicks will be scoring alot.
We've been busy this weekend huh? Lol

I still got that whole JC 52 point game on DVD.

If we can pull off that sign and trade for Jamal...all of the years of misery will be paid back with this upcoming season.

Barea/Bibby

Crawford/Shumpert

Melo

STAT

Chandler

9bdswm.jpg

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

I still got that whole JC 52 point game on DVD.

If we can pull off that sign and trade for Jamal...all of the years of misery will be paid back with this upcoming season.

Barea/Bibby

Crawford/Shumpert

Melo

STAT

Chandler

9bdswm.jpg
can't lie, this would be a FIRE lineup....
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Knicks really building a quality product!

Tomorrow Grunwald is gonna be like "Hey Toney how do you feel about playing with your brother in your hometown of Atlanta" ?
Aet9dqhCEAAD46l.jpg:large

The latest pic Crawford tweeted 
smokin.gif

If the Knicks figure out a way to sign both Barea and Crawford, the Knicks better have high hopes for their new defensive coordinator because dude will have his work cut out for him..Historically, almost 90% of our current roster plays zero defense
laugh.gif
. But Knicks would be scoring 140 a night

Back
Top Bottom