let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Wait did we sign JJ? What's going on?

its been reported that you guys did.
also the crawford deal might hit a snag because the knicks dont want to include douglas in the trade
Where???? I don't see it anywhere, no official statement

The S&T for Chandler put the Knicks under the cap and therefore changed our exception from the full midlevel to the room exception for teams under the cap since it technically did not count as a free agent signing but a trade...but if they do this trade and we go back over the room exception should then become the full midlevel since again it doesn't count as a free agent signing.

Damn. Give Douglas a break. We need a PG who can hit the open 3 and handle the rock.
I'm all for crawford but I'd hate to see us give up TD.

In recent knicks history we haven't really had a solid defensive player.
With Chandler in the middle it'll let our perimeter players be pests on D. The fact that we have a legit big man should give all players confidence.

Crawford would be a solid trade tho. Don't forget we have a compacted schedule so having a 9 man rotation may be necessary. This season I don't think we have melo and amare playing 40 plus minutes and expect to make it deep in the playoffs.

Pacers got Dave West for 2 years, $20 mil.

Dude is injury prone but he sure will help contribute a lot to their frontline. I was kinda worried about the Celts getting him to counter the Tyson move. They got Chirs Wilcox who isnt exactly scaring anyone but is an extra body up front.

damb billups...
ohwell.gif

tired.gif

[h3]Billups: Knicks Not Ready To Contend For Title[/h3]
Dec 11, 2011 12:14 PM EST

Billups_Chauncey_nyk_110226.jpg

Chauncey Billups offered his assessment of the Knicks after being waived under the NBA’s new amnesty clause.

“I think they are probably a couple of pieces short, but I won’t say what they are,

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

30t6p3b.gif
Jefferis would be the one to sign not in practice gear, probably went right from his car to signing the contract.

damn.... billups probably really wanted to prove himself here in NYC. I don't know what to say. I again know y'all don't give a damn because he's getting his money, but its more than just $$ to him.

We're a couple pieces away, no #%+$. But the biggest one was a defensive minded center in the prime of his career, not a 35 year old PG.

Originally Posted by throwback1718

damn.... billups probably really wanted to prove himself here in NYC. I don't know what to say. I again know y'all don't give a damn because he's getting his money, but its more than just $$ to him.
I was a big supporter of the players during the lockout, and I repeatedly argued that it was bigger than money and critics couldn't say "you're millionaires, shut up and play". But the issue I have with Billups' comments is it's BS. He did not want to be here. I don't blame him for wanting to stay in Denver, but I don't buy it if he said he wanted a shot to lead this team, because he was clearly annoyed to be tacked on to the trade and sent away from home. If the Knicks told him they wanted him to be a long-term guy, then did this.. then be mad. I don't feel bad for him if he was never truly considered the long term option because he's 35 and past his prime. 
I have no anger towards him, but I think his comments are the culmination of feelings he's had his whole career and not a direct reflection of the Knicks. I think it's laughable that he thinks he's been so mistreated. Since he was in Detroit and successful, no one has been criticizing or mistreating him. I understand his issues being a older player and maybe having to go somewhere he doesn't want to be, but as a Knicks fan it was the best move for the team.

Nash would be a restricted free agent though so it would be a good idea to sign Crawford because if the Suns match an offer from the Knicks in 2012, maybe the Knicks can convince them to take Crawford and Douglas (assuming he's not part of the trade) for Nash..Crawford can be a great 6th man when Melo is on the bench because with Bibby in the game, most players will be responsible for creating their own shot..he's not the type of PG that will set up his teammates for an easy shot. And I know Melo n Amar'e don't usually rest at the same time but it would be great if they could because then when they come off the bench fresh midway through a quarter, they'll come out on fire.

Still want JJ and JC on this team. I just straight up like the idea of a brand new squad not a season old to start with from here on out. These 1 and 2 year deals give us the flexibility we need. Plus I think a legit start to finish will make the team be more cohesive and I don't care for who would be leaving.

Hopefully this Crawford trade works out...

I have mental flashbacks to when him and (in shape/borderline all-star) Eddy Curry were clicking on the telepathic alley-oop play. Plus Crawford was the best player on the team when it came to feeding the post to Curry and Randolph (even better than Marbury).

You can't help but think how well he would gel with our front court players.

Hell, I'm even warming up to Bibby when you think about how good he used to be playing pick & roll.

@alanhahn
Alan Hahn
Hearing Jamal Crawford 3-team scenario doesn't have legs, though #Knicks do like Crawford. Not pursuing trade. #fb
18 minutes ago via TweetDeckReplyRetweetFavorite

Ouch.

damn. we need that spark off the bench. Not sure if it is a good thing or not because we get to keep players. But i'm definitely all for him coming back to NYC

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Nash would be a restricted free agent though so it would be a good idea to sign Crawford because if the Suns match an offer from the Knicks in 2012, maybe the Knicks can convince them to take Crawford and Douglas (assuming he's not part of the trade) for Nash..Crawford can be a great 6th man when Melo is on the bench because with Bibby in the game, most players will be responsible for creating their own shot..he's not the type of PG that will set up his teammates for an easy shot. And I know Melo n Amar'e don't usually rest at the same time but it would be great if they could because then when they come off the bench fresh midway through a quarter, they'll come out on fire.

Anyone have info to confirm Nash is gunna be restricted

Back
Top Bottom