let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Everyone?
nerd.gif

You right ... a few of you guys 
laugh.gif

Crawford would be great off the bench getting 22 mins a night. Y'all dudes acting like jc never dropped 50 in the garden.... smh melo and stat ain't putting up 70 80 points a night. Jared or chandler isn't worried about dropping big points. Fields will be doing all the defensive assignments leaving him tired on the offensive end then TD AND BILL WALKER SUPPOSE FILL THE SCORING LOAD RIGHT?

Lol... this team needs a scorer off the bench JC wooda been purfect

I don't know how yall wouldn't want Crawford if you saw ATL vs. ORL in the 1st playoffs. He knocked them out.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I don't know how yall wouldn't want Crawford if you saw ATL vs. ORL in the 1st playoffs. He knocked them out.

Because all he does is selfishly hold the ball, try to cross someone up, and shoot a jump shot (which is makes and misses).  He wouldn't have a role on this team, I've never seen him be a team player, and team play is what we need the most.  Maybe he's changed? I don't know but from "our" experiences sorry I'm not throwing myself at him.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

The only two people that could consistently score on this team are Stat and Melo. A guy that could create his own shot like Crawford is perfect off the bench.
yup.

i would like to have JC back... dude can go off anytime....

but i don't want to give up too much for him tho 
laugh.gif

Damn I clicked the S&T link and saw this thread on top of the forum and thought it said: "Jamal crawford is dead"..
...I was gon be like 
frown.gif
eek.gif

We already have 2 ball stoppers and people wanna add two more. The Heat didn't need a guy off the bench to score. That's why they have two superstars. One of them could run with the second unit.

I rather find another perimeter defender

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Because all he does is selfishly hold the ball, try to cross someone up, and shoot a jump shot (which is makes and misses).  He wouldn't have a role on this team, I've never seen him be a team player, and team play is what we need the most.  Maybe he's changed? I don't know but from "our" experiences sorry I'm not throwing myself at him.
As a 6th man that's perfect. He really shouldn't be passing it to Jeffries or whoever else is in that 2nd squad. He'd be our 3rd best offensive threat if he was back on our team. JC knows how to play team ball. I'm not buying that he's some ball hog that only thinks about him first. It's just that his game involves him getting touches. Dude isn't chucking 24/7, just 18/7
Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Just thought I should let everyone in here know that I saw Baron Davis today in NYC...

In a damn ice cream store
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Dude gave me the look like he knew he been caught to and left with the quickness
roll.gif
Thread title change?
nerd.gif

Damn, animal.
laugh.gif

sidebar: I think it's +@*$$$#+ that the Hawks wanted TD back for their free agent.
A 2nd rounder shoulda been enough/

Originally Posted by BangDak

I wished we could have made an offer to Marc Gasol before we signed Chandler.

too much good food round here...
history of fatness...
you tryna get us to do it again?!
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

we should make a move for Mayo
Too late no? I figure he was already Indy bound. If not that's who I always wanted.
Originally Posted by CDonWasHisName

We already have 2 ball stoppers and people wanna add two more. The Heat didn't need a guy off the bench to score. That's why they have two superstars. One of them could run with the second unit.

I rather find another perimeter defender
Since when were we modelling our team off of Miami? Maybe it's because the Heat didn't have a guy scoring off the bench that they lost in the finals? I mean damn they had 3 options. One was a mental ****** that went ghost, other was looking for fouls cuz he couldn't dominate the defense, and the other is Chris Bosh. The whole reason ppl would consider JC is so Melo and Amar'e can rest and he can be running with the 2nd unit.

I'm shocked you're calling Amar'e a ball stopper. If not him I'm not sure who you're already referring to.
Originally Posted by BangDak

I wished we could have made an offer to Marc Gasol before we signed Chandler.
MEM would've matched regardless. After reading through the season thread I've reaffirmed my believe that MEM's FO is not stupid enough to let Marc go.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

laugh.gif
at everyone saying we don't need anymore scoring , you guys are in for a rude awakening .

Exactly, honestly i think itd be foolish to turn down jc at the expensenof douglas. Crawford would give us a legit #3 scorer to come in off the bench to aid stat/melo a little bit. Imo he would be an ideal fit to share minites with landry at the 2 while we start iman at point because imobhe would flourish with this team due to his athleticism and defensive abilities and we now have bibby to back him up who is a solid veteran who shoots as well as douglas. ImO crawford fills a role for this team better than douglas because he is a better scorer and a 2 guard, lets not be foolish both td and jc are scorers off the bench. Td aint no starting pg and crawford is as good as it gets when it comes to the kind of player him and douglas are (right up there with his seattle homie jason terry)

During the offseason, Chandler had substantial interaction with another Knick: Iman Shumpert. The pair played in two exhibition games organized by Bobcats forward Eduardo Najera, which were down in Mexico in early October. Chandler left really impressed with the young fella.

"I thought he was very talented, a very athletic young kid," he said. "He looks like he's willing to learn and you can't teach athleticism, especially in this [Mike] D'Antoni system. He can be special in it."
Practice observations: When the media was allowed inside to watch, Woodson was teaching the players how to rotate efficiently to defend the corner three. That lasted for about 15 minutes. Afterward, they ran pick-and-roll drills in five-on-five, game-speed simulation for about 45 minutes. Shumpert's decision-making obviously needs some work, but his shooting form and athleticism is terrific. He jumps nearly as high from beyond the arc as Ray Allen does. After Shumpert was drafted, D'Antoni mentioned his accuracy from long range during his pre-draft workout sealed the selection in his mind, and you could see why on Sunday.
grin.gif
I remember when Derrick Favors came out, they blamed his numbers not being so amazing on his team's guard play.
Guess who one of his guards was.
laugh.gif

There's no question who's going to be special immediately for the Knicks. Chandler will single-handedly remove the Knicks from the rebounding and defensive dungeons. Last season, they ranked 20th-worst in rebounds per game (40.5), and tied for third-worst in points allowed per game (105.7). Chandler used Sunday's first full practice, with all 11 active players on the court, to instill that aggressive approach the team needs to have in order to be successful and compete for a championship. He said bad habits need to be broken now and not during the season.
Lord willing.
D'Antoni on a potential Shawne Williams re-signing: "Well, we don't know. I mean, that's Glen [Grunwald]. I'm sure he's working on it and we're going to try to get the best player that we can get, and [Shawne's] definitely in that mix." Speaking of Grunwald, he's proving himself to be worth more to the franchise than an "interim" general manager. In fact, he's already in contention for Executive of the Year after landing Chandler.
... Gonna assume Purp is gone.
D'Antoni on working with Mike Woodson: "Defensively we're going to do exactly what we did last year. The idea is to just get them motivated and keep them up there in a different voice, which can help. Mike will be great on the defensive end, and as all the other coaches. Again, we're getting into a little habit of offense-defense coaches, but you coach the whole game. He'll help me on the offensive end and defensive end -- wherever we need him at. He's a very good coach, as the other guys, and we'll sit in the room together and figure out what we need to do, and do it."
reads: I'm a prideful piece of +!$+ and refuse to admit I need any help.
Fields changed his jersey to number 2 to accommodate Chandler's No. 6. He also looked like a changed man on the court, resembling Richard Hamilton coming off screens and driving the lane. If Fields can be consistent from downtown during the season, which he was during practice, D'Antoni will never think twice about benching him in place of Shumpert or Bill Walker.
Agua
Mike Bibby, who's wearing No. 20, was already putting his foot down in his first practice -- with the media, that is. "I don't have nothing to prove," he said. "Ever since I came in, people have doubted me. I'm going into my 14th year. I don't care what you guys say. I don't care what anybody says about me. I've always been like that. I'm going to go out and do whatever it takes to help the team win. If that stands for me standing on the sidelines cheering, that's what I've got to do. I'm here to win and play the role that they want me to play -- whatever it is."
These veteran guards getting bonecrushed by NY fans.
grin.gif

Mike doesn't sound like this a resounding vote of confidence for bringing Shawne back, which would be a damn shame because the kid can ball. Especially keeping his head clear in a city like NYC, I think he needs another shot....we don't have anyone who can stretch the floor like him on the squad as is besides Bibby and Walker (who I'm not trusting)

I wonder what itd take to get Wil Chandler...I think he'd be a better fit for us than Jamal and he has more size at the 2 if we would play him there...he's also a solid defender.

So we NEED scorers now? Melo was #3 and Amar'e was #6 in scoring last year, we have PLENTY of people that want to shoot the ball especailly with D'Antoni's genius game plan. Crawford is good but I don't understand why spend mad money on him when we have players that can do what he does. He has some good nights and then he has some awful nights, holds the ball way too long and forces plays. I'm good, I've seen too much of that in NY and when he was here. I'd rather go into the season for once actually having money instead of spending it all. I'd also go for W Chandler over Crawford

Marc Gasol ? Dude averaged like 7 rebounds last year and is not a leader or a defensive game changer . You already see Chandler trying to change the culture of this team in his first practice . He brings that championship pedigree to us and is the best center for this team unless your name is D'wight Howard .

Every time dantoni opens his mouth I get angry and depressed

This guy is stubborn and selfish and needs to go. He won't admit that he's wrong. His philosophy is ridiculous. Wants to do the same thing as last year man SMH

Just let D'antoni talk and not pay attention. He's like that drunk white chick at a party that no one wants to dance with till her top's off.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

During the offseason, Chandler had substantial interaction with another Knick: Iman Shumpert. The pair played in two exhibition games organized by Bobcats forward Eduardo Najera, which were down in Mexico in early October. Chandler left really impressed with the young fella.

"I thought he was very talented, a very athletic young kid," he said. "He looks like he's willing to learn and you can't teach athleticism, especially in this [Mike] D'Antoni system. He can be special in it."
Practice observations: When the media was allowed inside to watch, Woodson was teaching the players how to rotate efficiently to defend the corner three. That lasted for about 15 minutes. Afterward, they ran pick-and-roll drills in five-on-five, game-speed simulation for about 45 minutes. Shumpert's decision-making obviously needs some work, but his shooting form and athleticism is terrific. He jumps nearly as high from beyond the arc as Ray Allen does. After Shumpert was drafted, D'Antoni mentioned his accuracy from long range during his pre-draft workout sealed the selection in his mind, and you could see why on Sunday.
grin.gif
I remember when Derrick Favors came out, they blamed his numbers not being so amazing on his team's guard play.
Guess who one of his guards was.
laugh.gif

Nah believe me, especially at Georgia Tech, Derrick Favors was/is the definition of "raw". He looked like a huge, athletic kid that didn't want to play basketball. He either had no clue how to get post position, or he just didn't even want to. But then he would have a monster series of plays every now and then, so I guess it was more of the latter. Shumpert is gonna be a good one.

The Minnesota Timberwolves are finalizing a four-year deal with JJ Barea that is believed to be valued at $19 million, according to Marc Stein of ESPN.com

roll.gif
Stockpiling point guards.

Back
Top Bottom