let this thread die (NYK)

Rondo was a 2nd year player who had started a handful of games before.

Shumpert is a rookie that didn't have access to coaches/facilities all summer and now has a 2 week training camp with a revamped roster for even a guy like TD, that's a struggle..for Shumpert, his head is going to spinning.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Originally Posted by arrjae2

and damn, the clips got CP....
so they got CP/billups/mo/bledsoe...
Any chance we could get bledsoe from the clips if we gave up like td or someone?? Doesnt seem like theres much need for him in LA anymore hes at least their 3rd string right now
i got no idea....
Spoiler [+]

laugh.gif

According to Baron's agent, he will miss at least 8-10 games next season..That probably eliminates the interest from the Knicks..with this crammed schedule, 8 weeks is like 35 games

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by 10027

Baron Davis motivated lobbing oops to Chandler and amare would be huge

Eddy Curry in shape dominating in the post would be huge, too.

Come on he ain't eddy curry level of useless. Most times he is in a big market for a game he shows out.
haha yeah I just mean that for Baron Davis, being unmotivated is just as much a part of who he is as being fat is for Eddy Curry.  He'd be worth a try if he was dirt cheap I guess, he always used to have like one really good season in between every 3 bad ones.

The situations between Rondo and Shumpert are not the same. Regardless, even if the offense runs through Melo, asking a rookie like Shumpert to start for us is too risky. If he impresses while he's on the floor and we see actual game time of him doing the right things, then he should/would start. But I don't think we're going to cripple his potential or development if he takes half a season to get adjusted to the NBA, to the team's style, and to the players. There is a huge difference between demanding he start now and letting him prove he's capable on the court.

Douglas isn't ideal, but at least he's experienced and knows the team.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Mo Will couldn't average more than 12-13 PPG with LeBron getting quadruple teamed on a nightly basis. He wouldn't do anything on this team..Davis might be slower but he wouldn't be on the Knicks to be a run n gun type guy..He's there for his passing ability and despite being out of prime shape, he's still a great passer

Mo Williams stats may not do much for his resume, and he's not the flashiest player in the world, but he is definitely a more than capable starting point guard in the league. He does what a point guard is supposed to do for his team.....set the tempo and make the game easier for his teammates. A lot of his passes LEAD to an assist. He's gonna knock down clutch shots when you need them and he's just about a 90% free throw shooter for his career. He's also as good as a teammate as you can possibly get. I hope the Knicks do find a way to get Mo....I'd love their team. After what Rondo did to Toney Douglas in the playoffs I'll never be able to look at him the same....get that guy out of New York.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

The situations between Rondo and Shumpert are not the same. Regardless, even if the offense runs through Melo, asking a rookie like Shumpert to start for us is too risky. If he impresses while he's on the floor and we see actual game time of him doing the right things, then he should/would start. But I don't think we're going to cripple his potential or development if he takes half a season to get adjusted to the NBA, to the team's style, and to the players. There is a huge difference between demanding he start now and letting him prove he's capable on the court.

Douglas isn't ideal, but at least he's experienced and knows the team.

Those are all solid points, im just saying that nobody on this team stands out to me enough where we should start them in place of iman considering what he can bring. But yeah i see what youre saying but we still better hope iman can develop to where we hope he can develo because he very well be the only guy possible to take this team to the prOmise land

You know flirting with Crawford is gonna lose us Shawne though. Guaranteed. It's the Knicks way

Knicks management gets used again. Three gms and u can't sign shawn Williams. Morons. #!%% Crawford

RT @alanhahn: With Nets making overtures, Shawne Williams met w/ #Knicks asst. GM Allan Houston for dinner tonight in NYC. Decision likely in morning. #fb

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

RT @alanhahn: With Nets making overtures, Shawne Williams met w/ #Knicks asst. GM Allan Houston for dinner tonight in NYC. Decision likely in morning. #fb
just saw this too...
grin.gif

lets get shawne, and just stick to the squad we have now. well at least for now....

H2O wining and dining
pimp.gif

You know flirting with Crawford is gonna lose us Shawne though. Guaranteed. It's the Knicks way
Knicks management gets used again. Three gms and u can't sign shawn Williams. Morons. #!%% Crawford
The team isn't trying to give him a multi-year contract or overpay. You gotta deal with that and after his one season with us I can't really say he deserves one.

And real talk if he signs with the Nets or any other team he didn't want to be here that much. Given our other needs if he feels slighted cuz we pursued other ppl he should recognize his value first.

ahhhh Dub got got.
laugh.gif

So what am I hearing ...B.Diddy, herniated disk out 8-10 weeks.
30t6p3b.gif

Tell me that's a bluff to get through waivers, like Swish's 'injury'
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Mo Will couldn't average more than 12-13 PPG with LeBron getting quadruple teamed on a nightly basis. He wouldn't do anything on this team..Davis might be slower but he wouldn't be on the Knicks to be a run n gun type guy..He's there for his passing ability and despite being out of prime shape, he's still a great passer

Mo Williams stats may not do much for his resume, and he's not the flashiest player in the world, but he is definitely a more than capable starting point guard in the league. He does what a point guard is supposed to do for his team.....set the tempo and make the game easier for his teammates. A lot of his passes LEAD to an assist. He's gonna knock down clutch shots when you need them and he's just about a 90% free throw shooter for his career. He's also as good as a teammate as you can possibly get. I hope the Knicks do find a way to get Mo....I'd love their team. After what Rondo did to Toney Douglas in the playoffs I'll never be able to look at him the same....get that guy out of New York.
Same...I'm not sure i'd call TD an above average defender, but he does hustle and actually plays up on guards who have a jumper. He cannot stop anyone from driving though. He's probably better than anyone on the team right now at running a pick and roll, so until Shumpert can learn that, TD's the starting pg. Baron has been done, don't see what he brings other than stunting Shumpert's growth.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Melo and Amare run the pick and roll together pretty frequently, they tried it a bunch of times last year, and I do remember seeing Melo run some plays in a half court. At this point, if nothings happening with Crawford, I'd just sign Shawne and go with what we got. Hopefully between bibby/td/fields/shumpert/walker, we can get a little bit of defense and play making, and I'd like to see what they can do before finding a veteran to fill the role temporarily. We definitely need someone to back up Melo and Amare, don't want them playing 40 minutes with all the back to backs this year.

so...

when is modells doing their 40% off sale and when are authentic nba jerseys going back on the site?

You gotta post links with these things man or at least a tweet.

If true *sigh*, even though I don't like the lame I think we should go after former Net, Kris Kardashian Humprhies. Brings in A LOT more rebounding and defense. I think we'll just have to make due with SkyWalker, Fields, TD, and Bibby stretching the floor with 3s.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Nah I think Mo Will averaged like 20 a game with Bron . I know he averaged that for a fact when he was "All Star Mo Williams" 
laugh.gif

scaled.php

Bring the goon home man 
pimp.gif

SlowBucks tee?...

This dude is definitely a Goony... #848

Back
Top Bottom