let this thread die (NYK)

so this is the 12 deep entering tomorrow?
Douglas/Bibby

Fields/Shumpert

Melo/Walker/Balkman

Amare/Jeffries

Chandler/Jordan/Harrelson

suprised-o.gif

with only..Baron, Arenas, Troy Murphy..and ????? left available? To come up empty handed on Jamal/Shawne was a blow. Jamal could have led a 2nd unit or you retain Shawne and he swings between the 3 and 4 and is a 3 ball threat. now you have neither. that is the worst bench in the NBA as it currently stands, even if Shumpert is ready to go.

We definitely peaked early this "offseason".. I'm really glad we made the move for Chandler.. but short of a bus crash killing our rookies on the way to training camp, not much else has gone our way.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Knicks need to pick up Keith Bogans dude is a very good defender and shot 38% from 3 last year. Give him the 2.5 cause that won't probably be enough for Deshawn
This passed my mind when I heard he got waived but I just don't like dude. Don't know how much of his defense had to do with Thibs insistence on D and system or him actually being good at it since he had to make up for a lack of other offensive skills.

Still wish we could package TD, Walker, and Balkman for a quality needed piece and then sign a guy like Outlaw/Bogans and fill the roster out with remaining group of Murphy, Redd, Baron, Arenas.
Alan Hahn: Baron Davis cleared waivers. There is mutual interest with #Knicks

Saw that earlier btw.

I'm wondering if he really was faking that out 8-10 weeks back hernia.

i think outlaw and baron would be a good pickup for us.... id pass on arenas and redd... id give murphy a spot on the team too... he wouldnt be a bad pickup...and bogans im not too sure about him...deshawn im like 50/50 on him... hes not a bum but hes not that great either... he probably a lil better than walker and thats not saying much

The only thing I like about DeShawn is that he gets under LeBron's skin, and we've all seen how cold LeBron's game gets when he's frustrated..But besides that, DeShawn is extremely inconsistent. I'd take Desean Jackson over DeShawn Stevenson

Agree with AI3xis 100%. The bench is going to need someone to step up especially with the crammed schedule. Baron Davis seems like a good option at this point.

From SLAM Magazine:

[h1]Amar’e Stoudemire Not Interested in Knicks Signing Baron Davis[/h1]

When the Cleveland Cavs cut Baron Davis loose, the New York Knicks seemed like a likely destination for the veteran (and injury-prone) point guard, but would-be-teammate Amar’e Stoudemire isn’t too interested in the potential signing. Per Newsday: “Amar’e Stoudemire was in no mood to make any recruiting pitches. If anything, the power forward has only one prerequisite of any player the Knicks add via free agency: Be in shape and ready to play. So despite mutual interest between guard Baron Davis and the front office, Stoudemire suggested that his preference would be to pass on the 32-year-old, who has a lower- back injury. ‘This guy’s out for eight to 10 weeks, he’s not our concern at all,’ Stoudemire said of Davis, who was waived by the Cavaliers on Wednesday. ‘We can’t do anything about his injury. Right now we can’t afford to have any setbacks. We have a positive thing going. We feel great about our guys. Everybody’s healthy, so we’ve just got to keep it going.’

End of the world bench
30t6p3b.gif

Regardless, Baron for the minimum with 2 months to get in shape and learn the offense is worth it to me.
Deshawn hit some clutch shots under pressure in the playoffs...if it's possible get it done, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Clippers didn't start vacuuming up FAs like him.

Yeah I remember STAT saying that from like last week. He's right if Baron's really injured.

bottom line we need a starting point, a 6th man sg or pg who can create their own shot like jamal and also need a stretch 4 who can shoot the 3 and play D like shawne... so ya 3 spots with 2 from the bench and the 1 starting position and thats the pg...who i would want in the future is felton and wilson and stretch 4 i dont know because gallo is restricted also wilson too....but for now the 3 spots i would go with short term for 1 year would be baron, outlaw and murphy or posey.... id said or because i would give the spot to whomever can shoot the 3 but can also play D and get rebounds... and i dont know who would be our 2 or 3 that can create or their own shot... the team now is good as is as far as competing and being good... but to win it all the bench needs to play D along with the starters... but i bring the bench up because its garbage as is exception for iman.... theres no offense so they have to rely on their D to hold down the reserves...and if the reserves can play defense even if they lack offense i feel this team could go a long way.... look at the bulls their starting 5 is decent at best exception for rose and noah but their defense covers up lack of depth on their bench

Doesnt Pargo have a guaranteed contract?

Anyone see the Shump video allen posted in the season thread?
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Does any one have Time Warner? This worries me 
30t6p3b.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]MSG: Time Warner may pull Knicks games[/h1]
December, 16, 2011
Dec 16

9:35

PM ET

By Ian Begley
According to Madison Square Garden, Time Warner Cable is threatening to pull MSG Networks from its systems at the end of the year.

MSG televises the Knicks and the NHL’s Rangers, Islanders, Devils and Buffalo Sabres.

“We have been attempting to negotiate a new agreement with Time Warner Cable for close to two years, and are simply asking them to pay fair and reasonable rates that are consistent with what other providers pay for our programming – nothing more,

So we offered Outlaw the 2.5 mill exception I don't see him getting any more offers because he could have been cleared off waivers for way less. He will be the stretch 4 that we had with Shawne. He shot 37% from 3 last year and is basically just overall a better player than him. NJ expected him to be a starter and a game changer with that contract the offered him , Fail. If he comes here he will come off the bench for a winner and I can easily see him performing like he did in Portland.

im gonna be pissed off he dont get davis. we need a playmaker and its low risk, high reward.

even if davis starts acting up just cut him.

Baron will be a Knick undoubtedly....I mean the dude is in NY for no reason right now, I saw the fat !!* eating some ice cream week ago, he'll be here sooner than later.

I'd make a run at Arenas as well. Outlaw/Baron/Gil would be somewhat salvage missing out on the other guys. I'm still very salty about Grant Hill.

Last season there was the Andy and Landry Show, this year, it's Shumpy and Lumpy. Shumpert's debut will be interesting to watch, just to see how the kid's obvious swagger in practice with his teammates translates in the setting of a live NBA game. And we've overlooked another rookie, second-round pick Josh Harrellson, for too long.

Though he has the build of a dude that you might see playing offensive tackle at C.W. Post, Harrellson -- who is known around Kentucky as "Jorts" but we'll go with "Lumpy," the kid from Leave it to Beaver (before my time, yes, but I had the benefit of re-runs) -- has been a revelation so far in camp with a very soft, accurate touch from long range and a high basketball IQ.
Will be Watching Jorts do his thing later today 
pimp.gif

Outlaw is interesting. He was supposed to be like a T-Mac type player when he got drafted. If he can get focused and motivated he can help us off the bench.

He's got the ability to be a good player. Hope he's ready to work at it if he signs here.

He can turn out to be a steal.

If we could get baron and outlaw I'd be much happier with this off season. I like the Chandler signing a lot but everything after that has been frustrating

Back
Top Bottom