let this thread die (NYK)

I think most fans are down for BDiddy but not if this injury is real. If hes faking it to be able to come back a month before playoffs thats dumb too cause you know hes not keeping himself in shape whatsoever.

sportsguy33 Bill Simmons Wrong situation, Baron checks out. Right situation, Baron rises to the occasion. That's just who he is. Knicks = right situation.sportsguy33 Bill Simmons Hope Baron Davis ends up with the Knicks for his sake. NYK fans/media/MSG will bring best out of him. It's the right match .

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Condolences for those with TWC but for ppl with Verizon they finally got MSG HD
pimp.gif

THANK YOU BASED GOD!!

FIOS is truly unstoppable now.

Doesn't Dolan own Cablevision?
laugh.gif
It's pretty evident dude is trying to boost the price for MSG Network so high that Cable Providers won't be able to afford it and will just drop the network, meaning any Knicks fan in NY that wants to watch the Knicks would have no choice but to switch to Cablevision. Dish Network lost MSG, now Time Warner..It won't be long before the others fall in line

laugh.gif
you already know I had to breakout that new shump avy 
smokin.gif

i don't really know who this guy is (http://hoopscritic.com), but he gets interviewed on local radio stations as a hoops expert and he says this

Brian Geltzeiler @hoopscritic 5h

Getting strong indications that Baron Davis to the Knicks is imminent as I had said last week if he cleared amnesty. Waiting to confirm..

and he says this about the injury

Brian Geltzeiler @hoopscritic 6h

@DrewAustin @mokehamilton It's not a new injury. My sources tell me his back is no worse than its been the last 5 years...

Please be true

He was getting the crazy benefit of Shump and Melo penetrating and dishing
laugh.gif

I was just thinking about how much of a detriment Toney actually is to this team when he's at the 1. First off he turns Stat to a jump shooter exclusively , no more easy buckets for him or anybody else for that matter. Also he won't find the open man in the corner when he needs to because he just doesn't have the vision. The thing that concerns me the most is that Chandler is a very good finisher around the rim when he gets his opportunities. Toney can't throw a lob pass , run the P&R ,or god forbid throw a alley if his life depended on it . When you don't have a capable PG defenses don't get burnt for things like over playing and cheating because Toney won't be able to keep them honest with good passing. That's why we need Baron because his court vision is still up there with the best of them and so is his passing . Baron will come in here and get us the most that we can out of Tyson because he will have my man catching alleys on the fast break and easy layups whenever the defense over commits on Stat or Melo. He will EASILY average 9+ dimes a game with this team and system. Also the acquisition of Baron would allow us to have our lineup like it's supposed to be. Having A REAL PG makes a huge difference 
Baron/Bibby/Shumpert

Shumpert/Toney/Fields

Melo/Fields/Jeffries

Amare/Harrelson/Jeffries

Chandler/Jeffries/Jordan

IMO with this lineup we are a real contender and a #4 team in our conference at worst. Regular season seeding doesn't matter too much to me because I feel we will be a extremely tough out in the postseason and can possibly get to the ECF . I moved Fields to the bench because I feel dude won't ever be the player he was in the first half of the season again as a starter with Melo here. I just feel like dude is intimidated of Melo and can't play his game while he's on the court with him , on top of that he doesn't have the handle/quickness to be playing the 2 so he shouldn't be there at all. Shumpert is not afraid of anyone in the NBA it already shows with his immense confidence which is why I think he would thrive with Melo, Stat, and Chandler on the first team and Fields can be the "Man" with the second unit . It would also benefit us on the defensive end with Shumpert starting in the backcourt with Baron because can guard the quicker and more explosive PG's we play against. Also im not opposed to Bibby starting until Baron gets here also. The offense flowed better with him and Shump in the backcourt I know he's not a good defender at all but Shump is and yall already know I feel that Toney and Fields are extremely overrated defenders so I would love the move.

\Sorry for THE GR8 like rant 
laugh.gif

I agree with all of that.

Never felt like TD or Landry were starting caliber players.

And Baron when healthy is almost a good a fit as Nash in this system. Hope we sign him.

Damn if yall feel this way about Landry and he ends up that way we might as well trade him.

Landry not starting? c'mon ppl...
hes good enough to start. he does everything that stat/melo doesnt do...
tired.gif

and whats the latest news with Baron? are we getting him?
or are we trying to get someone else?

i like landry because he does all the dirty work... he reminds me of a charles oakley type player but a shooting guard/small forward... he rebounds, plays D, and sacrifices his game for the team... he usually scores on putbacks, alley oops and 3s...but i do feel that he is slow and even though i like him i think he should be on the bench.... hes a good player but not good enough to be starting... and the same could be said about toney... hes a good player but he also shouldnt be starting... i think he has potential he can score, hes quick and can play D and get steals... i think he will be valuable in due time...look at the old knicks teams when they just had ewing and always had a garbage pg in ward and a decent childs at best... douglas is way better than those 2... thats not saying much but i wouldnt be so quick to hate on him...i think shumpert should start but i dont know if i would put him at the point or 2 and the other spot i dont know who would fill it.. i dont like bibby enough to start and theres no 2 on our team that should start... walker is blah and fields is good but not enough to start... but i guess for now hes the best we got so we got no choice...but from today i liked how we played even though it was just preseason... it look like the team is committed to playing D and the offense is more halfcourt and not just rely on 3s all day... this will help especially in the playoffs... and chandler i dont know what to say about him... today i wasnt impressed... he had a decent game but his defense was mediocre at best... i saw a lot of guys score on him and that made me disappointed... i know its 1 preseason game so im not quick to hate... i know he will play a huge role in being vocal on the defense and also doing a lot of things that are not on the stat sheet... so i have high expectations for him... i dont want to make this too long so ill end it here... but hopefully we pickup baron... i see it as a low risk move and cut him if he doesnt work out

Landry's in a difficult spot.

With Will and Gallo, those guys were interchangeable with Landry..now it's more stringent on set roles and Landry in the back court is just a tough fit.

Baron Davis is one of my favorite players. I surely hope the Knicks give him a two-year contract.

I like Landry Fields. I ain't giving up on him yet. The truth is that Fields just needs a good passer (pg). Billups's more like a scoring guard. Douglas isn't an excellent passer. He plays better w/o the ball. Losing Felton hurt Fields the most. That's why I want Baron on the Knicks roster. I believe Fields can be benefit from Baron's playmaking ability. And Baron'd be an excellent mentor to Shumpert.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Landry's in a difficult spot.

With Will and Gallo, those guys were interchangeable with Landry..now it's more stringent on set roles and Landry in the back court is just a tough fit.

He is more of a 3 no doubt.
Iman hasn't been coached since HS. At bare minimum Pringles is gone have this guy ready to be serviceable as the PG by mid season.
Douglas and Shump can work if Shump is always taking the tougher matchup.

There aren't many free agents left out there that can score besides Davis and Redd..But at least with Davis, we know he was at least somewhat productive in recent memory. I can't even recall the last time I saw the Bucks play and Redd was in the lineup. If it's between the 2, I'd definitely take Davis..With the long, compressed schedule of this NBA season, we can't put Shumpert in a position where he'd have to play huge minutes night in and night out. If we do, we can risk burning him out before the playoffs. An NBA season is ten times longer and harder (pause) than a college schedule so let's not put so much pressure on the guy. At least Davis is a veteran and can handle the pressure of starting on a contending NBA team, and TD always plays better off the bench so he could just be his backup

Brian Geltzeiler @hoopscritic 4m

Hearing Baron Davis to the Knicks is a done deal. Should be announced Monday. Very good fit for the Knicks. Right guy at the right time..

Hopefully we get to see Baron in action in the 2nd preseason game.

Don't know why the coaching staff bothered to push the we're behind Toney being the starting pg and he'll grow/develop in to the roll. Pringles should've done like other coaches have done and just say from the start the starting pg position has yet to be determined and isn't assured to anyone. Sorta how last season he didn't give the 2 position to Wilson and Landry ended up starting but maybe he really believed in TD.

Back
Top Bottom