let this thread die (NYK)

It's been an ongoing rumor that the injury reports were just said so other teams wouldn't claim him when he was on the waiver wire so he could be free to come to the Knicks. On the last page there's tweets talking about sources saying his back has been no different than the last 5 years
laugh.gif

But like I said I hope he's actually healthy enough to start playing immediately. If we gotta wait then I guess we'll see him in what Feb?

i dont care baron in a knicks jersey is a good look... even if hes 75% of his old self he can be good for this team.. ive watched him play last year and he killed the knicks... if he can do that then he should be good money here...the way the team is built it doesnt ask much from the pg unlike phoenix... the first two options are melo and amare and then the pg goes from there... we do need a scorer who can create their own shot besides those two so if we have that third option we good...and as much as i hated the bibby pickup i think he will play a big role... him playing 20-25 min while amare and melo sit will help a lot if he can shoot lights out... if he can put in 10 points a game that will be good enough... i dont know about that but i have faith

When he does play I'll call it now: Tyson + Baron = LobCity

laugh.gif

Bet Landry would find new life with him as pg too.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

It's been an ongoing rumor that the injury reports were just said so other teams wouldn't claim him when he was on the waiver wire so he could be free to come to the Knicks. On the last page there's tweets talking about sources saying his back has been no different than the last 5 years
laugh.gif

But like I said I hope he's actually healthy enough to start playing immediately. If we gotta wait then I guess we'll see him in what Feb?

Nah I hear you man because at first with the back news and the news of him getting amenestied out of Cleveland I wasn't buying the whole back issues thing. I keep hearing conflicting reports....I have personally heard from good sources that his back really is an issue but also hear otherwise.

I too hope he can help immediately but yeah if not we shall see him mid to late February.

You go boy, I am with you on having someone that can create their own shot at the PG position. I was not high on the addition of Davis at first. However, I just watched todays game as I was at the St. John's game earlier and I did not like what I saw out of Douglas at all. In fact as someone wrote earlier the offense looked much better when Bibby was in the game. I am all for giving Douglas a chance but it is not looking so great right now. 

Doug is a 2 guard. That's that.

Our depth might not be as bad as I thought. Even if we have to wait for baron it's worth it for the end of his year and next year

When Baron is motivated, he's a 20/8 PG. He was a big part in the Cavs win over the Heat last year

Even if his injury is real, you wait on a PG of his caliber

You right, I'm buggin on the PPG. He could get more than 6 assists though playing uptempo with two 25+ ppg caliber scorers and a center like Chandler

even 12/6 would be huge... and if bibby can put in 10 that would help also... you have to remember we already have melo and amare so the scoring load from the rest of the guys is minimal... when duhon was putting up 11 and 6 we were saying that dude is garbage... but only because our supporting cast was weak... can you imagine al harrington and david lee were our 2 best players... we have came a long way to say the least 
laugh.gif
... i couldnt even wear a knicks jersey because i didnt support 1 knicks player but of course i did rock the knick throwback i love ewing 
pimp.gif

That Arenas article got me at a loss for words.
Originally Posted by PMatic

[h1]Gilbert Arenas' free-agent wish list[/h1]Since Gilbert Arenas cleared waivers last Sunday, you haven't heard his name much.

Eventually, though, someone will take a chance on an unrestricted free agent who once averaged better than 25 points per game for three straight seasons.

And I'm told that Arenas, in the wake of his Orlando release, has established a four-team wish list for resuming his comeback from the gunplay debacle in Washington that derailed his career and an unsuccessful stint with the Magic. The 29-year-old is holding out hope that the call comes from either the:

• Lakers ...

• Heat ...

• Knicks ...

• Or whichever team trades for Dwight Howard.

The New Jersey Nets have quietly indicated that they plan to take Arenas on if they're able to complete the trade for Howard that the Magic keep resisting.

The intentions of the other three teams, though, appear to be in flux.

The Knicks, sources say, prefer Baron Davis to Arenas and are trying to convince BD to sign with them in the next 48 hours.

But the most interesting scenario I've heard all weekend is the idea that both Davis and Arenas could wind up in New York. One source close to the situation, in fact, says that the two Angelenos have discussed this concept.

Would the Knicks dare bring them both in? Seems unlikely with Mike Bibby already in New York, but you can make the argument that -- given the bargain prices involved -- Davis plus Arenas is at worst an intriguing option in the Knicks' quest to develop a guard rotation on a par with the frontcourt power trio of Carmelo Anthony, Amare Stoudemire and Tyson Chandler.

Arenas' hometown Lakers, meanwhile, continue to give the impression that they're hesitant to launch into a Gil experiment. This, after all, is a time of high sensitivity in Lakerland in the wake of Lamar Odom's exit and Pau Gasol's uncertain future with the team.

The wild card in the equation is the Heat. They're also said to prefer Davis to Arenas, but Miami can't be ruled out for Gil. Not with Pat Riley in charge.

Thanks to multiple knee surgeries on top of the suspensions, Arenas has managed to appear in just 117 of a possible 328 regular-season games since signing that monster $111 million contract. Yet the fact remains that Miami needs backcourt help as much or more than the Knicks and has already illustrated Riles' we'll-try-anything nature with the recent signing of center Eddy Curry.

Stay tuned. If the Knicks don't prove to be an option and Arenas is intent on waiting a while to see what Orlando decides with Dwight, Miami might have a window to start the season and get a sense of just how big its backcourt need will be before taking (or nixing) the Gil plunge.

Word is Arenas has established Miami as his East Coast base and would love to wind up there.
Link

One second I'm like okay lets try both the other I'm like I'm good with just Baron. I'd be more worried about Arenas being healthy and in the right mental state than BDiddy.

This gonna be a long week.
http://twitter.com/TommyDeeTKB
Tommy Dee: also, word is that Baron is in NY and is ready...can't confirm but I know @hoopscritic will have it first.

With Melo and Amare and Tyson being the leaders of this team, we'll see how Baron fits into the culture of this team.

He was a spectacular player although I never was a fan of his shot selection or turnovers or weight issues. I'm iffy but if he can at least give us around 12/6 that yall mentioned good.

He's a big guard too.

Baron averaged 16 and 7 in Cleveland last year . Baron will put up better numbers here probably about 17-18 points and the assist will fluctuate between 8.8 and 9.3 throughout the season .Dude's forget that ray felton averaged 17 and 9 with us last year and got all star consideration. Him averaging one more bucket and two more assist per game with this team is not unreasonable at all .

Arenas is a cancer.

DO NOT WANT.

When he realizes that he doesn't have it anymore hes gonna start running his mouth to the media for attention...thats the last thing we need this year.
Douglas off the bench can produce the same type of offense at the 2.

Bring in Baron, start Shump at the 2 and everyone falls into their natural roles.

Landry can come off the bench and do his thing at the 2 or 3 spot and Douglas can take that starting PG weight off his shoulder and light it up off the ball as a 6th man.

Thought about it last season....and just thought about it now. Just a what if scenario, but peep game

What if we'd kept Chandler and traded Fields instead to Denver? I always like Chandlers game and he could have been a big two.

Imagine a lineup of Iman, Chandler, Melo, Amare and Tyson Chandler? Iman seems like a more than willing defender, and Wilson definitely could defend. I always liked the idea of Wil playing as a big 2. Woulda been one of the most athletic starting 5s.

Just food for thought.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Imagine a lineup of Iman, Chandler, Melo, Amare and Tyson Chandler?
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Throw in a veteran PG and a serviceable bench and thats a serious championship contender.

Chandler would bring exactly what we need to this team, a willing defender, someone that can create his own shot and most importantly...A SLASHER.

I noticed it last season and I saw it again yesterday. Our offense is too perimeter oriented, sometimes we get into a game of hot potato around the arch and it ends up in Melo's hand with 5 seconds left, forcing him to force up a bad shot. Alan Hahn was talking about it in the Post-game also.

Pick and rolls seems to be our only planned offensive sets...well coached teams are going to pick up on that...and then what? Then Melo and Amar'e are going to take it on themselves to create 1 man offense, playing right into the other teams hands. Thats what the Celtics did to us in the playoffs. 

We desperately need a slashing 2/3 to create havoc on zones and open up the paint for easy pass offs/putbacks for Chandler n STAT.

Iman might develop into that threat but Ill Wil would have been perfect for the job.

@ESPNSteinLine: Just going up on ESPN com: Sources say Baron Davis has committed to sign with Knicks. Link on the way

[h2]Sources: Knicks to sign Baron Davis[/h2]By Marc Stein and Dave McMenamin
ESPN.com

Baron Davis has committed to sign with the New York Knicks, according to sources close to the situation.

The deal could be formally completed as soon as Sunday, sources said.

Davis cleared waivers Friday after he was released through the amnesty clause in the new labor agreement by the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Thought about it last season....and just thought about it now. Just a what if scenario, but peep game

What if we'd kept Chandler and traded Fields instead to Denver? I always like Chandlers game and he could have been a big two.

Imagine a lineup of Iman, Chandler, Melo, Amare and Tyson Chandler? Iman seems like a more than willing defender, and Wilson definitely could defend. I always liked the idea of Wil playing as a big 2. Woulda been one of the most athletic starting 5s.

Just food for thought.
Then the Knicks wouldn't have had the cap room (or as much) to sign Tyson Chandler.

Back
Top Bottom