let this thread die (NYK)

Wil got traded instead of Landry because Fields played better last year and had a bigger impact on the team. Donnie wanted to keep him.

I still don't see what yall see in Wil. Son wasn't that good. Never liked his decision making or shot selection.

On another note,
http://twitter.com/landryfields
Landry Fields: Not everyone is meant to be in your life forever. Realize when that person's chapter is finished and move on with your story
Landry Fields:
Don't be discouraged by change. Understand God is pruning you for greater things ahead.

This is suspect if he's talking about Andy
alien.gif
laugh.gif

EDIT

http://twitter.com/NYPost_Berman
Marc Berman: LA buddy Tyson Chandler will court Baron Davis for #Knicks, who are in lead to snatch sore-backed PG.
Alan Hahn:
Baron or Arenas? Personally, don't think you go for both. Vet overload can suppress rookie development. Shumpert deserves mins.
Jared Zwerling:
Knicks on Arenas' wish list - Knicks Blog - ESPN New York http://es.pn/v3g7iV

B.D. is 32.

If he signs with us and we're playing winning basketball, he'll get on his job right away.

Like someone mentioned. BD was acting out in the Garden last year. He was hype about going at us. While he was with the Clippers and the Cavs. He still has a competitive edge.

With team success and the possibilty of actually contending should be motivation enough for BD.

I'm for the signing if he's at least as healthy as he looked against us last year.

I can see 15 and 8 from him.

Nevermind then.

Not excited about this Baron signing...he's not exactly someone I personally would like Shump to learn from. His bad habits will be under a microscope here, but at the same time he's another body that we can use and is definitely starter material when healthy.

Dude just needs to stay away from Greenhouse and Krispy Kreme.

B.D. is 32.

If he signs with us and we're playing winning basketball, he'll get on his job right away.

Like someone mentioned. BD was acting out in the Garden last year. He was hype about going at us. While he was with the Clippers and the Cavs. He still has a competitive edge.

With team success and the possibilty of actually contending should be motivation enough for BD.

I'm for the signing if he's at least as healthy as he looked against us last year.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Thought about it last season....and just thought about it now. Just a what if scenario, but peep game

What if we'd kept Chandler and traded Fields instead to Denver? I always like Chandlers game and he could have been a big two.

Imagine a lineup of Iman, Chandler, Melo, Amare and Tyson Chandler? Iman seems like a more than willing defender, and Wilson definitely could defend. I always liked the idea of Wil playing as a big 2. Woulda been one of the most athletic starting 5s.

Just food for thought.
Then the Knicks wouldn't have had the cap room (or as much) to sign Tyson Chandler.
We probably would've had to end up trading him anyway.

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

B.D. is 32.

I'd take that.  And his style of play is more tailored for the system here.  I'd excited.  

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Nevermind then.

Not excited about this Baron signing...he's not exactly someone I personally would like Shump to learn from. His bad habits will be under a microscope here, but at the same time he's another body that we can use and is definitely starter material when healthy.

Dude just needs to stay away from Greenhouse and Krispy Kreme.
As for Shump's development, Bibby is there and he at one point was the commanding pg of a very good sac team that was consistently in the playoffs competing against championship teams. So I can't say it'll be that harmful, plus Baron can teach him a few good things.

I rather have B-Diddy over Arenas, but meh, I'll wait to see how he performs before I formulate an opinion. It's been too long since dude played a meaningful game.

Low risk, high reward.

When he's on a playoff team, he's one of the better PGs in the league.

his per 36 minutes numbers with CLE last season were 20/8

If he's in shape by the postseason, the knicks will be very tough

Baron took the Knicks' $2.5 million exception. He really couldn't have taken the minimum?
laugh.gif

I feel like we have a few players with suspect attitudes and davis is another player that can be a problem.

I'm for the move because of desperation. Although he's not nearly as good of a player as Melo and Amare, he is older which might make it hard for anyone in the team to keep him in check throughout the season.

The worst thing that can happen IMO is Shump picking up bad habits or having his development stunted.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Huge signing. Got a playmaker. Can only help

Basically. I don't buy him stopping Shump's development either he will be the starting 2 soon enough just off of his defense , ball handling , speed , and passing. Fields will serve better on the bench as the backup 3.

I don't see how yall are automatically assuming Baron will be a negative influence on this team I never heard bad things about Baron as a teammate . Yea he's and chuck and so was Chauncey with half the PG skills and vision . Dude is way better than what we have playing the 1 right now and he will pay immediate dividends as soon as he steps on the court.

i think he fits knicks style better than arenas. only thing is his injuries and it has to do with his weight. i hope he can contain his %%!!++! weight. !!%# will get you frustrated quick if hes out of shape and sloppy.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

I don't see how yall are automatically assuming Baron will be a negative influence on this team I never heard bad things about Baron as a teammate . Yea he's and chuck and so was Chauncey with half the PG skills and vision . Dude is way better than what we have playing the 1 right now and he will pay immediate dividends as soon as he steps on the court.

Truth.

I foresee him being really motivated to do good here. He showed a glimpse of life when he ran the floor with Blake. Plus, he has strong ties with Steve Lavin
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PMatic

Baron took the Knicks' $2.5 million exception. He really couldn't have taken the minimum?
laugh.gif
If Basketball Reference is correct, he's made over 117 million in his career.
He should be playing for free.

A note on last season's BD from Hollinger's player reviews:
I did some research on assist quality this summer, and in their player comments I mentioned that LeBron James and Chris Paul don't grade out particularly well in this assessment (see James' comment for more).

But you know who does? Would you believe ... Baron Davis????

It's true. Davis had the most valuable assists in the league last season, and it wasn't even close. Among players with at least 300 assists, Davis' average assist was worth .841 points, well ahead of the league average of .667. And lest you think that was all from having Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan slamming down dunks, consider that Davis' assist value didn't change at all after the trade to Cleveland. More than half of Davis' assists were layups or dunks, according to Hoopdata.com, compared to the league average of 38 percent; conversely, only 26.3 percent of his dimes were "bad" assists that led to 2-pointers away from the basket.

In addition to the high-value assists, Davis was eighth in the league in pure point rating and scored 18.4 points per 40 minutes.

Man.. Baron is gonna do some damage with this team and system. This is Dantoni's best point guard since Nash this offense is gonna do work

I love the BD move but like I said if the injury is real and hes gonna be out 8-10 weeks its another $2.5 mil in the trash.

Anybody that went to the scrimmage was able to pick up $10 dollar tickets? I went to the box office after the scrimmage instead of before like an idiot and there was nothing..

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Arenas is a cancer.

DO NOT WANT.

When he realizes that he doesn't have it anymore hes gonna start running his mouth to the media for attention...thats the last thing we need this year.
Douglas off the bench can produce the same type of offense at the 2.
I was kinda gonna say the same thing about Gil here that's been said about Baron. He's low risk. He's really not in any position to be complaining about anything. If he's really a cancer to the team he'll be cut. Aint like we'd be giving him a multi-year deal.

As for TD, I just want him gone. yes he probably could give the same offense @ the 2 but he's an undersized 2, that really isn't that good defensively.

Back
Top Bottom