let this thread die (NYK)

his court vision is the reason most of us want him.

amare and chandler are gonna get some very easy buckets. which is a thing we aren't able to do for long stretches. melo at times should initiate the offense as well to throws things off for the other team

Dude was an absolute monster back in the day
sick.gif

Nobody on our roster can dream of making passes like this
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

CoupeIt88:
hopefully Baron comes in ready and fit, if he can be half the point guard he used to be we will be fine
He'll most likely come in twice the PG he used to be.
roll.gif
well damn....
but Barons court vision and his oops are still on point. he'll be able to find Amare/Melo no problem...

and like i said, he is still an option when it comes to closing out a game... 

i also like the fact that he 'protects' his players. like what he did with Blake last season. 

looking forward to all the talking with BD/Tyson/Melo/Shump

pimp.gif

EDIT:

BDs the first one running in. i think we could use that. espec. when it comes to the celtics; like with pierce at MSG bowing and all that.

I'm very confused when it comes down to our "logo".
newknickslogo.jpg

But our Court and shorts still have the SAME older color version of out logo. WTH is going on? We're the New York Knicks, we should stay on top and be organized
laugh.gif
.  Anyone close to the situation have any answers? I'm confused. (sorry I care so much, I'm artistically analytical lol)

does anyone else feel that we made MAJOR upgrades this off season and are now a legitimate contender in the east?

- Melo and Amare... we know what they can do
- Tyson Chandler... defense, and clean up baskets
- Baron... floor general that can make the above three have career seasons
- Bibby... off the bench, a veteran who won't make rookie mistakes
- Shumpert... an insanely athletic rookie who will play solid defense to create easy transition buckets

or am I getting blinded by YEARS of fanhood?

I agree with everything except for the Bibby part. He's gonna get burned often on defense and his ability to create his own shot has diminished over the years. He's not exactly a scrub but he's not even 20% of what he once was. He can hit a 3 or two a game, but I wouldn't expect much else out of him. I do agree with most of the other stuff though. Shumpert has the potential to be a big factor for this team and I can envision him finishing top 5 among rookies in terms of PPG. How many rookies with the kind of role Iman may end up having, play on teams with 2 players as good offensively as Melo n Amare? He's gonna have a few favorable matchups during the season and if he capitalizes on those, he'll have a major impact early.

Baron will be better than most people expect. Yes, D'Antoni does love his fast paced offense, but Amar'e and Melo are still extremely effective in the half court offense. We all know what Melo can do in isolation situations, but Amar'e is one of the best PF at creating his own shot or catching n shooting. For those reasons alone, the Knicks don't have to worry as much about Baron having CP3/John Wall type speed. Not to mention, Davis is very skilled at the outlet pass, so he can just throw those ahead to a streaking Melo/Landry/Amare/Iman/etc. Not to mention, Baron may not have much speed but he does have the physical presence not to get bullied by physical PGs like D Will.

For years, the Knicks had one of the smallest teams in the league..Now, we have one of the biggest teams in the league..It's a great feeling and I think the Knicks have a great shot at cracking the top 3 in the East. Heat and Bulls are obvious #1 n 2, but besides them, I think we are as good, if not better than the rest of the top east teams..The compressed schedule will affect the older Celtics..The Hawks are currently not as good as the Knicks, and losing Jamal was a huge blow to their bench. With all the BS surrounding Dwight, I don't see the chemistry for the Magic being good enough for them to be as good as last year. I think the Pacers are much better than last season but not as good as the Knicks..WORST case scenario, Knicks finish 4th or 5th but best case scenario, they can definitely grab that 3 seed.

Best case scenerio last yr for us was gettin that 5th seed.

Soo...
Turiaf-Amare-Gallo-Fields-Felton - Chandler

Or

T. Chandler - Amare - Melo - Fields - Douglas - - - - - Iman, B. davis ?

Rhetorical

"@Baron_Davis:
Lord guide my steps and my path. Help me to do good on this earth. Inspire, believe, dream, and do good deeds!! Amen! !"

"@Baron_Davis:
Ps. Selfishly... A NEW YORK KNICKS CHAMPIONSHIP!!! Amen #todayisagreatday"

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

I'm very confused when it comes down to our "logo".
newknickslogo.jpg

But our Court and shorts still have the SAME older color version of out logo. WTH is going on? We're the New York Knicks, we should stay on top and be organized
laugh.gif
.  Anyone close to the situation have any answers? I'm confused. (sorry I care so much, I'm artistically analytical lol)

Yo man I was saying the same $#@! to myself after I watched the practice . My only guess is that our new uniforms and court will unveiled next season when the Garden renovation is completely finished . I mean we even have our new logo on our court in 2K12 im tired of seeing black on our uniforms and court 

it's hard to say how far we can go. need to see how the chemistry and defense is. we have the offensive power to beat the heat unlike the bulls.

Melo would have to be the best player on the court for us to beat the heat. I'm not sure if he can be that guy

Originally Posted by DubA169

it's hard to say how far we can go. need to see how the chemistry and defense is. we have the offensive power to beat the heat unlike the bulls.

Melo would have to be the best player on the court for us to beat the heat. I'm not sure if he can be that guy

He's done it a couple times while in Denver against the Cavs and if he keeps up this new defensive mindset he has I don't see why not . It's all about the 4th quarter imo cause all these games will be close and in those last 12 minutes he is the anti Lebron.

I seriously haven't been this pumped for a Knicks season since '98-'99 eerily enough the last lockout. We finally have legit firepower. Maybe one more big off the bench, gimme Troy Murphy or something and we should be good to contend with the Heat, Bulls, Celtics. Maybe all these guys come together and realize time is running out, get some inspiration from Dallas last year and put it all together and have some fun. 

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

Just copped some tckets in the baseline 100s for $170

anyone else going to be there Christmas Day?

Howwww? Im mulling this too good to be true offer on some tix for xmas right now, tryna figure out how lefit the seller is

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

Howwww? Im mulling this too good to be true offer on some tix for xmas right now, tryna figure out how lefit the seller is
StubHub messed me up with some tickets before, gave me $100 credit 
laugh.gif

But keep looking on StubHub or eBay when I first went the lowest price was $250 
eek.gif
, now it's down to $160

Only way Im going is if I can luck out on stubhub the night before.

I cant wait to see Baron play

HowardBeck just said that Baron signed for the vet minimum ($1.4 mil) so we are still in the chase for Posey with the $2.5 Cap exemption.

Wow. I mean, you can have whatever opinion you want of the B-Diddy, but grabbing him for $1.4 mill? That's a win.

Back
Top Bottom