let this thread die (NYK)

If that bird rights thing works out for the Knicks, does that mean Lin could be signed to a multi-year deal or only for the next season?

If the Bird-Rights appeal goes through..................

oh-face-o.gif

Originally Posted by you go boy

i hate fields but i rather bring him back instead of novak... if novak is not open he is useless... fields at least plays decent defense, rebounds and gets to the basket... he needs to work on his jumper though

you buggin

If that new bird rights exception passes through the Union we can realistically look at a lineup of

Nash/Lin/Bibby
Shump/JR/Lin
Melo/Novak/Jeffries
Stoudemire/Jeffries/Harrelson
Chandler/Jordan/Jeffries

Small line up of

Nash
Lin
Shump
Melo
Stoudemire

pimp.gif
sick.gif
devil.gif

If this was before Monday I would say they have a chance of this going through.

But after yesterday events of Bosh being out indefinitely and Garnett finally getting called for an offensive foul.
I have come to grips this franchise is cursed

Novak is not worth 5 mil

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

If that new bird rights exception passes through the Union we can realistically look at a lineup of

Nash/Lin/Bibby
Shump/JR/Lin
Melo/Novak/Jeffries
Stoudemire/Jeffries/Harrelson
Chandler/Jordan/Jeffries

Small line up of

Nash
Lin
Shump
Melo
Stoudemire

pimp.gif
sick.gif
devil.gif
1267053395_hayden_champagne_facial.gif

Gotta tell myself not to get too excited tho. Chances are we get screwed again.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

If Phil wants to come here that's fine, but I wouldn't go out of the way to convince him.
You wouldn't go out of your way to try to get the winningest coach in NBA history to come to our team? Oh...

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Look at yall acting like God don't hate Dolan's Knicks.

This happened:
xlarge.jpg
laugh.gif
...Never in a million years did I see this happening
roll.gif

Bird rights to get the midlevel back would be great, but it seems like wishful thinking. You guys think Nash would even take a midlevel to play here in NY? I feel like the Suns would pay him more just so they can stay mediocre and fill some seats.

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Look at yall acting like God don't hate Dolan's Knicks.

This happened:
xlarge.jpg
laugh.gif
...Never in a million years did I see this happening
roll.gif

Bird rights to get the midlevel back would be great, but it seems like wishful thinking. You guys think Nash would even take a midlevel to play here in NY? I feel like the Suns would pay him more just so they can stay mediocre and fill some seats.

Steve Nash has already said he's not coming back to Phx because he wants to win

Yall taking things a bit too personal. It aint like the Knicks are making the appeal. Players union is and if they win, plenty other teams will benefit.

I believe Nash is leaving, should've forced a trade this season imo but I don't see anybody paying him 10+ mil for multiple years. Mid-level is just about right for him. Besides I don't even think a team with a chance to win can pay more than mid-level.

On the other thing mentioned, Bosh getting injured would not have made it easier for us to win the series. As for Garnet our coaches need to complain to the refs more so when KG pulls that same bull at the end of the games they're forced to call it.

Originally Posted by onewearz

monty williams though ?

i wanna keep woodson , too scarred from larry brown to want phil here .

maybe i'm being silly but I just don't want the possibility of Phil Jackson coaching the heat. Yeah, I know Pat Riley's ego would clash with Phil but he's still Rat Riley regardless 
nerd.gif

Mike Woodson is not a very good coach.  Melo is a coach killer to keep it 100 and Phil is the one guy who he couldn't pull that %%+$ with cause his clout doesn't compare.  Plus, you grab PHil, the more likely all those other guys follow.

I don't think Phil can go to Miami to coach them.

That would just really add fuel to the fire of him only coaching ready made championship teams. Who knows if Phil cares what people think about that, but people will talk.

And why are people talking about Larry Brown?

If this was Phil Jackson from 5 years ago and he didn't have back issues then yes. Dude is getting old. I just don't see it ending well.

I don't see where this heavy comparison of Brown and Jackson is coming from. Is it just cuz they're both great famous coaches ppl are throwing on 2.0? We would be lucky to have zen master as coach.

Don't see how yall could be drinking the Woodson kool-aid so quickly. We played better under him and would be in a different place if he was coaching from the sart but when it mattered in the playoffs his coaching left much to be desired and was just as disappointing as the Knicks play.

Besides this isn't some mid season hire. Phil comes in now he has a whole off season with the team and can help make decisions to make the team better.

I'm not a Woodson supporter by any means but I just don't see Phil Jackson coming here and lasting more than one year. Between Dolan, his back and the way things are in NY generally, I just don't see it working well. If he openly said I want to coach the Knicks, awesome I'd sign up for it in a millisecond, I just wouldn't offer him 90 million dollars to buy him into the Knicks.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I just wouldn't offer him 90 million dollars to buy him into the Knicks.
%@@+ for the money they charge for tickets now, they better offer him 90 millions...Coaches don't count toward the cap so they need to do whatever it takes, this franchise rapes its fans for cash while offering an inferior #%% product year after year its the least they could do.
%@@+ we couldn't even watch our own team on TV for 1/3 of the season
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

The team improved under Woodson because he wasn't D'Antoni.. not because of Woodson in particular. He's still the same coach from Atlanta.

Phil Jackson is still Phil Jackson even if he's in a wheelchair or iron lung. The team would be stupid to not even contact him, but the Knicks have been stupid for awhile so who knows.

Back
Top Bottom