let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I'm not a Woodson supporter by any means but I just don't see Phil Jackson coming here and lasting more than one year. Between Dolan, his back and the way things are in NY generally, I just don't see it working well. If he openly said I want to coach the Knicks, awesome I'd sign up for it in a millisecond, I just wouldn't offer him 90 million dollars to buy him into the Knicks.
See to me you're still thinking about Larry Brown when you say you don't see him lasting more than a year. If Dolan hires him and he will give him a yachtload of money (I never care how much coaches get paid they're not on the team's cap anyway) he should know what he's getting. It's not like he's a hands on owner showing up at practices. All dude wants is for ppl not to talk to the media at any time. I don't see what Phil's back got to do with this. Son been off for a while now getting healthy but even if he missed games or w/e his coaching would be most effective in the playoffs.

At this point we don't have anything to lose. I mean w/e bad scenario you think of Phil quits or gets fired we get a new coach next season.

You're right I just want someone that's gonna be here for the next 5 years and help deliver a ring. I'm tired of this team having a different coach every 3 years. If Phil could still deal with the schedule and traveling and his heart is in it, sign me up.

Try looking at it from Phil's pov. Why on earth would he risk tarnishing his legacy to come coach for one of the most poorly run organizations. Unless he really likes melos game I dont see why he would even consider it. I'd gladly welcome him as our coach but it just doesn't seem very realistic to me.

we are a great coach & a healthy roster away from a chip. thats why we need to make a call, and Phil himself said he wanted to bring his career full circle, Finish where he started(even if its only for a year or 2)

Originally Posted by REDd SPYDER

we are a great coach & a healthy roster away from a chip. thats why we need to make a call, and Phil himself said he wanted to bring his career full circle, Finish where he started(even if its only for a year or 2)

THIS!

Make the phone call and get Phil here

What happened to the Thibodeau train?

I can't see P-Jax coming here unless people can honestly look at this roster and say we are a definite title contenders.

If OKC wins it won't be because their coach

We'll miss you Baron
frown.gif

AsoujnaCIAAxTOn.jpg:large

BTW who's the girl with Amare?

Amareisreal.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's STAT's baby momma not looking like Scottie Pippen as much as she does in other pics.

11 rings > 0 rings as far as ppl wanting Thibs here. He's a great defensive coach and would hold players accountable and bench "stars" if they're not helping the team but Phil has the better balance of an offensive and defensive system and has had better results with it.

If the Knicks convinced Phil to come to NY, I don't even wanna imagine the ticket prices if the Knicks started the season like 10-2...Tickets would be $450 in the nose bleeds vs the Bobcats

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

If the Knicks convinced Phil to come to NY, I don't even wanna imagine the ticket prices if the Knicks started the season like 10-2...Tickets would be $450 in the nose bleeds vs the Bobcats

well if my dolan calculator is correct....hmmm carry the one... that price is pretty accurate
pimp.gif
(
ohwell.gif
)

Originally Posted by 7thAve btn 31stN33rd St

How about Brian Shaw? Kobe wanted him to coach the Lakers.

He'll be coaching the Lakers when they fire Mike Brown.

Jerry Buss' son hated Phil Jackson and wanted to get rid of everything/everyone associated with him. I doubt he'll be there.

Originally Posted by REDd SPYDER

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

well if my dolan calculator is correct....hmmm carry the one... that price is pretty accurate
pimp.gif
(
ohwell.gif
)

well it would suck if i can't go to a knick game but I don't give a damn as long we're winning big

But since Lin was claimed off waivers and the Knicks inherited his contract from the Rockets, the union believes his Bird Rights went with the contract just like it does in a trade. Essentially, to claim a player off waivers is like acquiring his contract for nothing.

The NBA's argument is that the Bird Rights rules are specifically defined in the CBA and cannot be debated.

That, however, will be up to an independent arbiter to decide. The union has asked that the process be expedited so a decision can be announced before free agency begins on July 1. It behooves the NBA to want to accelerate the process as well, because it could cause unnecessary problems during the free agency period.

This does not only impact Lin, but another important Knicks free agent, Steve Novak, who was in the second year of his contract after the team claimed him off waivers from the San Antonio Spurs.

If the union wins this argument, two other NBA players, and their respective teams, may benefit, including J.J. Hickson (Portland Trail Blazers) and Chauncey Billups (Los Angeles Clippers). But no one wins bigger than Lin, Novak and the Knicks, who could re-sign both players to a maximum of the league average (about $5.7 million, though it is doubtful Novak would command that much) and still have the MLE and BAE to spend to attract a free agents to upgrade the roster.

Now, before all of you CBA experts get into a lather, there are still other restrictions (aprons, cap holds, etc.) that will make things challenging for GM Glen Grunwald and his staff, but there's no question that it makes things astronomically better for the Knicks if the arbitration results in favor of the players.

So while the season may be over, there is still one more win the Knicks need before the summer.

Originally Posted by CDonWasHisName

What happened to the Thibodeau train?

I can't see P-Jax coming here unless people can honestly look at this roster and say we are a definite title contenders.

If OKC wins it won't be because their coach
I think Tibbs would be a good fit for you, but you wouldn't like him.
I know Lin would be effective, and Melo wouldn't be allowed to iso like he does. 

Phil as great as he is wouldn't be a great fit for Amar'e, and Melo, I think Tibbs would be able to find that balance. Remember the Bulls had either the first or second most efficient offense this year. If its long term success then imo its Phil, but Tibbs is a better option than iso Woodson. 

Looking at both sides of the ball. 

Defense that's his calling card, and essentially its a match up zone the Bulls run. You know how Melo gets on the wing and isolates, well like Miami did the lane is always walled off.

At the top of the key most S&R's are played straight up, and for you all they would all be played straight up, since you don't have a guy with Gibson, and Noah's feet. If you wanted the best look at how Tibbs would defend S&R with your personnel look at how they have Boozer defend it. The PG is always forced to the help.

On offense?

Face it I didn't see a pg attack off pick and roll that entire series. 

Tibbs has ran a PG centric offense in Chicago, while elements of that wouldnt change in NYC there would be elements that got Melo in his optimal position to score. 

Melo excells when he makes a quick decisive move, in theory Dantoni would be a perfect fit, except that the spacing was never there. Tibbs would put Melo and Lin in S&R as well as Amar'e. Tibbs and the Bulls spacing created driving lanes that Dantoni never created for Melo, not to mention Tibbs would adjust.

If its Phil and Tibbs then the clear answer is Phil, if the question is Tibbs and Woodson there is no real debate imo. Woodson's defensive scheme puts more pressure on an individual defender, and he isnt nearly as gifted in the motivation area's nor the offensive side of things. For my money give this guy 2 ball handlers and its curtains.

I'm not Thibs fan. He also got exposed in the playoffs.

Right now if you ain't Pop or Doc you are most likely medicore.

Talent is the most important unless your name is Jerry Sloan.

I say give Woodson a full year. I was against him in the first place coming here. But he went 18-4 down the stretch. So I have no question he would of had the Knicks at a top 3 seed if he was at the beginning head coach

Originally Posted by CDonWasHisName

I'm not Thibs fan. He also got exposed in the playoffs.

Right now if you ain't Pop or Doc you are most likely medicore.

Talent is the most important unless your name is Jerry Sloan.

I say give Woodson a full year. I was against him in the first place coming here. But he went 18-4 down the stretch. So I have no question he would of had the Knicks at a top 3 seed if he was at the beginning head coach

How do you get exposed with no pg.
Watson has never been able to run that offense, and everyone wanted him gone last year.

No scoring at all when you really look at it.

You couldnt give Boozer post touches cause it was a turnover every 4 times he got the ball down there, and the one guy who can create a bit left hand kept getting numb.

jerry sloan can get the most out of his role players. give him some real stars and i think he makes you a contender. his 03-04 is still one of the best coaching jobs in my opinion. would be interesting to see the knicks run that jazz system

I wouldn't say Thibbs got exposed that Bulls team only had one player capable of creating and Pooh went down.

Yea, thats really what it became, cause Deng put the work in, but once the wrist injury happened we only saw glimpses.
Deng in the S&R as the ball handler was the hidden secret for certain lulls the Bulls could be prone to at times.

Back
Top Bottom