let this thread die (NYK)

I said about 2 weeks ago, Drago was prob gonna offer Lin and/or Novak a deal...

I expect them to fail, though...like they've done the last 2 off-seasons.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

F y'all then.

indifferent.gif
 F- U too .....  Bish

I cant even think about offseason $%%* right now
laugh.gif

We gotta figure out what happens with the whole bird rights thing before we can have a real idea of what the team will look like next year. But @#*# the Nets for tryin to poach Lin if that report is true.

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

I said about 2 weeks ago, Drago was prob gonna offer Lin and/or Novak a deal...

I expect them to fail, though...like they've done the last 2 off-seasons.

roll.gif
@ DRAGO

Originally Posted by quik1987

I wouldn't mind J. Lin in Toronto
If he goes there, back to GSW, POR, or even back to HOU it lets me know that he strictly wants to get paid and I can't completely be mad at that but he'll never be a winner with 3 of those 4 squads.

It's no surprise that 1 or more of our FA will land with the Nets. It's just something we're going to have to adjust to now going forward. Drago wants to create a fan base and by doing that he's going to bring in Fan Favs from the Knicks to the Nets.

Like he said a few years ago, "We're planning on turning Knicks fans into Nets fans."
J.R and Novak going to the Nets (if they do decided to leave would mean they take full MLE) would eat up collectively $10-11 million. Lin would eat up $5 million, Wallace not using his option and eating up $11 million (unless they amnesty him), Brook Lopez gets a qualifying of $4 million, Morrow (could be amnestied) and Farmer both eat up $8 million and Petro/Brooks taking up $5 million. That's $43 million in cap space being used. Which means they have around another $10-13 million to use on a FA and they would hit the cap. This would probably go to Williams if he does decided to go back. Howard can't sign because he signed a 1-year extension. Shawn Williams and Gerald Greene (could be a FA this summer, not sure) are also on the books too. They don't have as much flexibility as we think they do. 

If Williams comes back, no way Lin signs with the Nets. He'll never see the court
laugh.gif

I wouldn't be worried though, because if they sign Lin to that much money it only means they lost out of Williams/Howard
laugh.gif
At that point I would let Lin walk and sign Gerald Green to replace JR and find another shooter (there's always a handful every summer). 

Think positive guys, we're not in trouble at all. 

EDIT: I looked at the free agent list and here are some players I think that can contribute for us. I'm going to include both player who'll want the full MLE and other players who'll take less. 

Aaron Brooks, Phoenix Suns – $2.0 million – Restricted ($3.0 million Qualifying Offer)- doubt Phoenix lets him walk, especially if Nash leaves. 
Raymond Felton, Portland Trail Blazers – $7.6 million – Unrestricted- He'll probably want more than the MLE, but with such a horrible year he may have to take less. 

.J. Augustin, Charlotte Bobcats – $3.2 million – Restricted ($4.4 million Qualifying Offer)- He's a little undersized and lacks defensive toughness, but he's still young and can develop. 

George Hill, Indiana Pacers – $2.1 million – Restricted ($3.1 million Qualifying Offer)- Doubt Pacers let him walk. 

Jamal Crawford, Portland Trail Blazers – $5.0 million – Player Option ($5.2 million) - I'd give him the full MLE if he hasn't exercised his option already. 

DeShawn Stevenson, Brooklyn Nets – $2.5 million – Unrestricted- He can be HUGE for this team with his defensive tougness and 3-pt shooting. He's def a better upgrade from J.R. Smith. 

Matt Carroll, Charlotte Bobcats – $3.9 million – Early Termination Option ($3.5 million) -this guy can shoot lights out, but he'll be a HUGE liability of defense. 

Danny Green, San Antonio Spurs – $0.9 million – Unrestricted*- Solid young player that can do the little things and knock down an open jumper. 

Jason Kapono, Cleveland Cavaliers – $1.2 million – Unrestricted- Just like Carrol

Michael Redd, Phoenix Suns – $1.3 million – Unrestricted- He'll take less money and knock down jumpers for us, maybe. Who knows with his knees lol

Nic Batum, Portland Trail Blazers – $2.2 million – Restricted ($3.2 million Qualifying Offer) - Doubt Portland lets him walk

Chase Budinger, Houston Rockets – $0.9 million – Team Option ($0.9 million)- Can add length to our roster and knock down the open jumper. 

Dahntay Jones, Indiana Pacers – $2.7 million – Player Option ($2.9 million)- Athletic and can play solid defense at times. He's also better tempered than J.R. 

Greg Oden, Portland Trail Blazers – $1.5 million – Unrestricted - I know, I know. He's injury prone, but he'd be a low risk/high reward kind of player for us. Although I think I read somewhere that he's thinking about taking a year off to heal up 100%. 

laugh.gif
Greg Oden is not a high risk low reward player. He's a cancer that'd spread to the entire Knicks org. We only sign him if we're willing to sacrifice the whole team to career ending injuries just so Dolan dies asap.

If you were the Nets' owners, you would be a fool not to go after Lin. He's a cash cow. Just so happens that he can do a thing or two on the basketball court.

The only reason Lin is a cash cow is cuz of the things he can do on the basketball court which led to wins. NONE of you knew who he was or cared until that WINNING streak.

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

You don't even believe that.
So wait are you saying if Lin couldn't play ball he'd still be as big as he is now? Are we talking about the same person that was a nobody when he came in to the league and continued to get cut and barely given a chance?

If Jeremy Lin couldn't play basketball ofcourse you wouldn't know who he is. I don't now how you can't recognize that as fact. He has to be able to do something on the court to be able to be a cash cow. He wasn't a sensation for just being Asian and standing around on the court. I don't even see how you could argue he'd be as big as he is now if the team didn't go on a winning streak.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

So wait are you saying if Lin couldn't play ball he'd still be as big as he is now? Are we talking about the same person that was a nobody when he came in to the league and continued to get cut and barely given a chance?

If Jeremy Lin couldn't play basketball ofcourse you wouldn't know who he is. I don't now how you can't recognize that as fact. He has to be able to do something on the court to be able to be a cash cow. He wasn't a sensation for just being Asian and standing around on the court. I don't even see how you could argue he'd be as big as he is now if the team didn't go on a winning streak.
tommy is Asian...

Lets be serious here. The same statement can be said about Eminem. "Eminem is a cash cow, it just so happens he can do a thing or two on the mic."

Eminem is great and his early work was phenomenal but he would not sell as much if he were not white. Yes, Jeremy Lin can get things done on the court but if he were not Asian, he would not be bringing in that type of revenue. Asians have so much pride and are very sheepish. Lin is a cash cow because of that.

I'm 1/2 white 1/2 asian if it matters 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by NiceLikeChrist

Lets be serious here. The same statement can be said about Eminem. "Eminem is a cash cow, it just so happens he can do a thing or two on the mic."

Eminem is great and his early work was phenomenal but he would not sell as much if he were not white. Yes, Jeremy Lin can get things done on the court but if he were not Asian, he would not be bringing in that type of revenue. Asians have so much pride and are very sheepish. Lin is a cash cow because of that.

I'm 1/2 white 1/2 asian if it matters 
grin.gif
If he couldn't get things done on the court he wouldn't be bringing in any revenue AT ALL. That's my point.
Originally Posted by nycknicks105

This thread has gone to shambles.
Just mirroring our team's season.

Lol at no one knowing who he was before the winning streak. Too much ESPN es no good for you. 
..You must not understand why gsw picked him up in the first place.
anyhoos i'm not even arguing if he'd be as big or popular or whatever... i don't even know where you came up w/ that. 

Back
Top Bottom