let this thread die (NYK)

I'm not a Knick fan, but I used to watch them a pretty good amount, and they were WAY better when Amare was the man there before the Melo trade. Obviously they had a few more pieces, but Amare is 100% better for this offense than Melo is. He may not be a 40+ scorer anymore, but the team wins more with him as the #1 guy from what I've seen

im against signing kidd but if we can give him the vets minimum i would take the chance on him... hes definitely better than bibby and we paid that bum the minimum last year

But the point of signing Kidd is not for him to start but for him to be Lin's mentor. Y'all really think Kidd can't be effective with limited minutes off the bench??

amarestoudamirecallsfan.jpg

Originally Posted by solarius49

I'm not a Knick fan, but I used to watch them a pretty good amount, and they were WAY better when Amare was the man there before the Melo trade. Obviously they had a few more pieces, but Amare is 100% better for this offense than Melo is. He may not be a 40+ scorer anymore, but the team wins more with him as the #1 guy from what I've seen
Better for the offense? What offense are you talking about? Pringles' offense? Sure but Pringles is gone for good and so is his system. IMO you're comparing a team that had a system and relatively worked well together on the go to a team that no longer has those players and have quite the fluctuating roster along with injuries and outside hindrances that prevented the current team from meshing completely for a full season. Despite that we saw great things in glimpses when each player had their chance as the main guy and with all 3 or 4 on the court working well together.

So you saying the team wins more with him as the #1 guy isn't fair at all not even to Amar'e at this point.

IMA BE THE FIRST TO SAY THIS, IF AMARE GETS TRADED TO THE NETS (DOUBT HE GETS TRADED AT ALL) I WILL BE WATCHING BOTH KNICKS AND NETS GAMES. IMA KNICKS FAN MOST DEF BUT AMARE MY FAV PLAYER DAWGGGG!!!

Its fake

In order to DM that person needs to be on Amares friend list. Which isn't likely the case here.

The guy was trolling knick fans

good laugh tho
laugh.gif

[h3]Alan Hahn[/h3]

• If Bird Rights ruling holds, Knicks can count on bringing back its starting five, plus one major piece of that Mobb Deep bench if Steve Novak is interested. J.R. Smith has until Tuesday to decide whether he will pick up his $2.5 million option for next season or become a free agent. Even if he does not pick up the option and becomes a free agent, Knicks can re-sign Smith for a 120-percent raise. In my opinion, it's safe to pencil Smith in right now. Jared Jeffries is also a target to return.

Haven't been able to follow everything lately, but we basically have a midlevel (which i'd use on a pg to compete w/ and spell Lin), a biannual (which i'd use on a SG), and veteran's minimums. We can also potentially trade TD's expiring contract and Fields (i don't want him back). I would definitely try to bring back Jefferies and hope that JR stays, but who knows if he needs the money.

Midlevel pg - Nash or Dragic. Would be ecstatic with either. If that doesn't work out, there's Kidd, Sessions, Felton, Hinrich. I'd give none of those guys the full midlevel, so if we miss w/ nash/dragic, maybe it'll help us get a better SG.

Vet Min Pg - You guys probably think I'm crazy, but I'd consider Nate Robinson replacing Bibby for the Vet. Min. He did very well for GS when he got playing time (surprisingly efficient scoring and good amount of assists. had him as a fantasy team pickup for those few weeks he got to play and was putting up Lin #s w/ less TOs), can hit open 3s and score off the bench. Something no one besides JR could do in the playoffs. Wouldn't give him consistent minutes if everyone's healthy, but could be a cheap depth player that can score off the bench and hustle. I think he's much more useful than Bibby at this point, anyway. There are also some other vet. min pg options, but I don't feel like many have the ability to change a game with their scoring and energy. I guess you'd want a solid/reliable player for your 3rd pg, but i think the whole pt of Lin's backup is to be that solid pg.

Biannual SG - Ray Allen, Gerald Green (killed for the nets at end of last yr, can guard the 2/3 very well), Michael Redd, Nick Young (very unlikely he leaves LA tho)...and to a lesser extent I'll take Marco Belinelli, Rudy Fernandez, Jodie Meeks. We have to be able to get a guy who can shoot, and there are a couple of options available. 4 guys there who can at least make their own shot, 3 guys who need to be wide open (last 4 i mentioned)

Player from Fields/TD trade? - no idea what we could get here, it'd have to be a team actually interested in Landry Fields. Has to be at least one, and hopefully they have a player they don't like or need anymore that could help in some way. Maybe it's just wishful thinking that anyone could want him. If not I guess I'd bring him back at a small contract as depth at the 3 spot. I think he works hard and is a good team player, but he looks awful whenever carmelo is on the floor with him.

Vet Min PF? - Would love Darrell Arthur, but probably can't afford him. Maybe if we swing and miss on top PGs and SGs we can. There's also Reggie Evans, and Kmart. After that it's probably just a bunch of Turiaf-level players (Turiaf, Nazr, Wilcox, Hollins, Amundsen) . Still need one just so we have a guy who can come in when Jefferies knees are bothering him. Amare's injured, and Tyson is in foul trouble. Hate to be negative, but it happens.

Lin, [midlevel PG - Nash?], [Vet. Min PG - Nate?]
Shumpert, JR?, [bi annual - Ray? Green? Redd?]
Melo, Novak, [player from fields/td trade?...or Fields himself.]
Amare, Harrelson [Vet. Min PF - Reggie Evans?]
Tyson, Jefferies, Jordan

I'm not sure if this is a championship level team, but it could be a contender if Amare/Melo can work, Shumpert comes back healthy, and Lin is more than just a half-season fluke.

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

Haven't been able to follow everything lately, but we basically have a midlevel (which i'd use on a pg to compete w/ and spell Lin), a biannual (which i'd use on a SG), and veteran's minimums. We can also potentially trade TD's expiring contract and Fields (i don't want him back). I would definitely try to bring back Jefferies and hope that JR stays, but who knows if he needs the money.

Midlevel pg - Nash or Dragic. Would be ecstatic with either. If that doesn't work out, there's Kidd, Sessions, Felton, Hinrich. I'd give none of those guys the full midlevel, so if we miss w/ nash/dragic, maybe it'll help us get a better SG.

Vet Min Pg - You guys probably think I'm crazy, but I'd consider Nate Robinson replacing Bibby for the Vet. Min. He did very well for GS when he got playing time (surprisingly efficient scoring and good amount of assists. had him as a fantasy team pickup for those few weeks he got to play and was putting up Lin #s w/ less TOs), can hit open 3s and score off the bench. Something no one besides JR could do in the playoffs. Wouldn't give him consistent minutes if everyone's healthy, but could be a cheap depth player that can score off the bench and hustle. I think he's much more useful than Bibby at this point, anyway. There are also some other vet. min pg options, but I don't feel like many have the ability to change a game with their scoring and energy. I guess you'd want a solid/reliable player for your 3rd pg, but i think the whole pt of Lin's backup is to be that solid pg.

Biannual SG - Ray Allen, Gerald Green (killed for the nets at end of last yr, can guard the 2/3 very well), Michael Redd, Nick Young (very unlikely he leaves LA tho)...and to a lesser extent I'll take Marco Belinelli, Rudy Fernandez, Jodie Meeks. We have to be able to get a guy who can shoot, and there are a couple of options available. 4 guys there who can at least make their own shot, 3 guys who need to be wide open (last 4 i mentioned)

Player from Fields/TD trade? - no idea what we could get here, it'd have to be a team actually interested in Landry Fields. Has to be at least one, and hopefully they have a player they don't like or need anymore that could help in some way. Maybe it's just wishful thinking that anyone could want him. If not I guess I'd bring him back at a small contract as depth at the 3 spot. I think he works hard and is a good team player, but he looks awful whenever carmelo is on the floor with him.

Vet Min PF? - Would love Darrell Arthur, but probably can't afford him. Maybe if we swing and miss on top PGs and SGs we can. There's also Reggie Evans, and Kmart. After that it's probably just a bunch of Turiaf-level players (Turiaf, Nazr, Wilcox, Hollins, Amundsen) . Still need one just so we have a guy who can come in when Jefferies knees are bothering him. Amare's injured, and Tyson is in foul trouble. Hate to be negative, but it happens.

Lin, [midlevel PG - Nash?], [Vet. Min PG - Nate?]
Shumpert, JR?, [bi annual - Ray? Green? Redd?]
Melo, Novak, [player from fields/td trade?...or Fields himself.]
Amare, Harrelson [Vet. Min PF - Reggie Evans?]
Tyson, Jefferies, Jordan

I'm not sure if this is a championship level team, but it could be a contender if Amare/Melo can work, Shumpert comes back healthy, and Lin is more than just a half-season fluke.
Midlevel pg - Kidd makes the most sense if they're keeping both Amare and Melo. Kidd will help with the spacing of the floor, directing them both into spots that'll create optimal passing lanes. What the Knicks need most with Amare and Melo is proper floor spacing.
If they keep Lin, Kidd makes the most sense 

Nash - makes no sense at all, especially since D'Antoni is no longer here and if they keep Lin. Nash's strength is his jumper, especially his mid range jumper that creates passing lanes. The defense must pay attention to him, while the offensive system creates the spacing and proper player placement that allows Nash to play to his strengths. The Knicks no longer have this system, so essentially Nash will be specifically a pick and roll player with no current system for player movement happening around that pick and roll

Vet Min pg - Getting Nate at this amount is a pipe dream and if this is truly the best Nate can currently hope for in the NBA, it's best that he seeks out employment overseas

SG - I really like the idea of Gerald Green if he becomes a Bruce Bowen type of defense player. Most likely whoever the Knicks have at pg will be a liability on defense and even if Carmelo decides to consistently play good-great defense they moreso need a Sefolosha here than a shooter. Rudy Fernandez would be perfect here if he can buy in completely on playing defense, but if he does it's not going to be for an amount the Knicks can currently afford

I would say make a huge push to sign Redd at the Vet Min and start Shumpert at SG and use that money to grab Amundsen or Turiaf or even start or trade Fields for a defensive minded SG, hell see if a sign and trade could be had to get Green

Vet Min PF - don't see any serviceable guys here - Amundsen is most likely going to get more than this amount or head back overseas and Turiaf has been getting more than the vet min. They need to grab an energy guy from the NBDL or one of those HSers that jumped to the NBDL if they can. You know what Odom might be available here

Kidd, Lin, Shumpert

Green?, JR?, Shumpert or Shumpert, JR?, Redd

Melo, Novak, Fields

Amare, Melo, Jefferies

Tyson

Daryl Morey declined to put a timetable on building the Rockets back into contenders.

“To me, we’re not on any timetable to getting back to being a championship contender,

Amare has arguably the worst contract in the NBA right now. Who in their right mind is going to trade for him? Knicks are in an absolute bind.

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by you go boy

if we could get nash, ray allen and lamar 
eek.gif
2 of 3 is possible. I'd love Jesus on this team but I don't see him coming here for the min if Nash gets the MLE.

@SHUGES It makes no sense to let Lin walk even if we're in a win now mode. At the very least he is still a cash cow, we would have to flip him for something. The reason he won't get traded is cuz we still don't know his true value or how much he will improve. We'd just continue to look foolish if we trade him right away for a big and he goes on to be a 10 time all-star and top 10 pg.

Still don't get some of yall wanting Kidd. This is not 2003. I'd even prefer the unknown 35 year old foreigner to him.

So you would choose a unknown 35 yr old foreigner vs a PROVEN future HOF... Not to mention recent world champion. OH...
I would! Y'all are sleeping on Priogoni! SMH I am not in love with signing Kidd but I wouldn't pay him more than the veteran's minimum just to tutor Lin.

And can we chill on on all this STAT trade talk...I don't see it happening with his contract. MAYBE a trade with Houseton would work because of the points GR8 brought up but thats a big maybe. I just don't see us being able to move that contract before this season.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Is it possible to sign Nash, Terry and L. Odom ?

Forgot all about terry
Only if Terry takes the bi-annual or vet min. That can change if JR opts out and wants to rework his contract with us.

Terry would be
pimp.gif

'chip next season though, it's our time.

Spoiler [+]
Toney Douglas finals MVP

if the small sample size of JR Smith we witnessed was what we're going to get if we keep him, than I'm all for replacing him with terry.

Back
Top Bottom