let this thread die (NYK)

While I would normally agree with you HTTB, I have liked Dragic since Phoenix. He got a chance to learn how to play PG from one of the best PGs the league has seen and he is still young. He was cuttin up other teams guards to end the season after Lowry got hurt. We will see what he does with a chance to start whether it is with us or someone else. But from what I have seen, the guy is the goods.

Dragic= this year's version of Ramon Sessions for some of Team NYK 
laugh.gif
grin.gif

so Dragic is the cats pajamas now? Ok. I've watched dude since is was on the Suns hoping he'd do damage. Not sold on him. Just sayin'

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

• Speaking of trademarks, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James couldn't enjoy their championship without at least one shot at the expense of the Knicks. During a postgame interview on NBA TV, with Matt Winnick, Shaquille O'Neal and Charles Barkley, the topic came up about how Miami had moments during the playoffs when there was great doubt they could advance.

Barkley pointed out how people thought the Heat might lose to the Indiana Pacers and Boston Celtics after Miami trailed in both series. Then Wade giggled said: "Don't forget New York. They said we can lose to New York, too."

To which LeBron added, "They said that would be a tough series." More laughing ensued.

"Nobody who knew anything about basketball said that," Barkley then said, which had the panel hysterical.
Motivation.

If Woodson was smart he'd play the video of this %@@! every time they faced those gump %@# _'s.

%#!! all that friendly %@@!.

Sadly, most of the athletes don't take the sports as serious as we do.
laugh.gif

• Speaking of trademarks, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James couldn't enjoy their championship without at least one shot at the expense of the Knicks. During a postgame interview on NBA TV, with Matt Winnick, Shaquille O'Neal and Charles Barkley, the topic came up about how Miami had moments during the playoffs when there was great doubt they could advance.

Barkley pointed out how people thought the Heat might lose to the Indiana Pacers and Boston Celtics after Miami trailed in both series. Then Wade giggled said: "Don't forget New York. They said we can lose to New York, too."

To which LeBron added, "They said that would be a tough series." More laughing ensued.

"Nobody who knew anything about basketball said that," Barkley then said, which had the panel hysterical.
Motivation.

If Woodson was smart he'd play the video of this %@@! every time they faced those gump %@# _'s.

laugh.gif

thing is, those guys are too friendly with one another. it's one thing if it was kg/rondo where them guys genuinely dislike and dont care for the heat. i hear kidd wouldnt mind coming to ny as a backup. does he still have anything left?

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Randy Foye Interested In Signing With Knicks[/h3]
Jun 26, 2012 1:38 PM EDT

Grunwald_Glenn_nyk_120216.jpg

Randy Foye is interested in signing with the Knicks, according to a source.

New York will have more flexibility in free agency following an arbitration ruling involving early Bird Rights.

"He will have multiple offers at that amount and more annually," the source told ESPN New York. "New York would be a great fit for both [playing and financial reasons]." 

Foye could start at shooting guard until Iman Shumpert is recovered.

Foye grew up in New Jersey and has a strong history of play at Madison Square Garden.

ohwell.gif

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Walsh To Return To Pacers As President, Pritchard To Become GM[/h3]
Jun 26, 2012 4:45 PM EDT

Walsh_Donnie_nyk_080409.jpg

Larry Bird and David Morway departed from the Pacers' front office on Tuesday.

Kevin Pritchard will be named general manager, while Donnie Walsh returns as team president.

Originally Posted by 7thAve btn 31stN33rd St

Motivation.

laugh.gif
Nah, not true.
Just Carmelo Anthony doesn't. 

Not really sold on Dragic just yet either. While I'm familiar with who he is, I can't say I've seen too much of dude play. He has put up some nice numbers in a small sampling as a starter. But so has Jeremy Lin. Might as well keep Lin since he has already been exposed to the NY atmosphere and scrutiny. You never know how new acquisitions like Dragic will do when exposed to the pressures of NYC.

Dragic= this year's version of Ramon Sessions for some of Team NYK 
laugh.gif
grin.gif
THIS.
laugh.gif
Y'all were fighting over Sessions for almost 2 damn years...and most of y'all def wanted him over Felton.

If you're gonna fine amare, stern should fine himself for asking Rome if he still beats his wife.

But Same ol NBA...

I don't really care. But it's telling.

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Originally Posted by 7thAve btn 31stN33rd St

Motivation.

laugh.gif
Nah, not true.
Just Carmelo Anthony doesn't.

amarealexis1.jpg

900x.jpg

IMO this summer we really need to get rid of Landry Fields and Douglas more than anybody because I dont see what purpose they serve on this team right now. TD didnt play all season and i dont expect him to, and Fields has been a bum since weve gotten Melo and at this point he is just taking playing time from Shumpert, JR Smith, and hopefully a better SG we can sign in free agency. I think the draft is the best possible time to explore trading both of the players.

Now that Houston was able to receive the #18 pick for Buddinger, there is little doubt in my mind that we can get a mid to late first rounder straight up for Landry Fields. One of those teams takes that deal.

I also think we can maneuver a late first rounder outta Douglas. Lets not forget that TD led the NBA in 3s after the All-Star break this season and could probably give a team more than any late first round pick right away. I hear that the Warriors may be interested in him due to Stephen Curry's injury concerns and they own the #30 pick, and I bet you we could entice other teams picking around that area. Teams with late 1st round picks are usually always in win-now mode and teams looking to make a playoff run that could use some backcourt depth or some outside shooting additions would probably be willing to trade their late 1st rounder for Douglas because most late first round picks wont readily contribute during their first few seasons on winning teams. It would even strengthen the pot if we offered our own #48 pick along with Douglas in order to get a 1st round pick, so that the team we trade with can still find a player to develop for down the road or stash in Europe for a few seasons along with Douglas, which would compensate more for losing their draft pick. It is also a bonus that 2nd round picks have non guaranteed contracts unlike 1st round picks, and this can be very beneficial for deeper teams like the Thunder. Who knows? Maybe the elite teams in the West with late 1st round draft picks would be even more inclined to help us out more than other teams looking to become trade partners considering that with Derrick Rose's injury problems, the Celtics looking like they are one shove away from falling off the edge, Indiana and Atlanta's lack of star power, and Dwight Howard's uncertainty with the Magic, we are looking like the closest thing there is to a legitimate hurdle to the Heat empire in the East, and the last thing that teams like the Thunder want to come across in the NBA Finals is a well rested and uncontested Heat team.

Maybe if we could turn Landry/Douglas into 2 first rounders we could even explore trading up higher if a team drafting is not completely in love with the players available and would be willing to trade down. Alot can happen at the draft and I think the Knicks should be active.

Also, Houston is now clearly going after a superstar considering that they are gathering all of these draft picks together and their target appears to be Dwight Howard. However if it comes out that Dwight wont resign in Houston (which I hear he wont) maybe we could bring up the backup option of Amare to them who would be guaranteed under contract and still makes them a contender in the West.

I have already brought this up but they are more attractive now than ever given the fact that they still have two PGs that are better than any of our PGs (If we could pull off landing Lowry than Grunfeld should just be given executive of the year preseason but I would be very content with Dragic as yall know), they are clearly going all in for a superstar and are tired of mediocrity, and they now have more draft picks than they already had making them more expendable. If we dont even attempt to work out a deal with them we are just plain foolish and obviously too proud to trade Amare even in a good trade scenario, which is a problem because you cant let pride/loyalty get in the way of building a champion when we are clearly not there yet. Amare/Melo have yet to prove they can work together and when there is a team like Houston that has the draft picks and PGs to potentially offer us an amazing deal you gotta explore that.

While im on the topic of Amare trade scenarios, it seems like Cleveland/Washington are both in love with Bradley Beal. If Cleveland trades up to #2 to snag Beal and the Bobcats are not in love with a player at #3 do you think there is any possibility of a Amare for #3 and Okafor? idk just thinking out loud
laugh.gif

Okafor has a similar bad contract to Amare but would give Washington a filthy pick and roll with John Wall/ Amare. He would definitley contribute more right away than anybody that the Wizards could draft at #3, %%%@ even throw in Landry/Douglas since the Wizards are looking for a 2 guard and shooters. A lineup of Wall/Fields/Ariza/Amare/Nene in the depleted Eastern conference would have a bright future ahead.

We would get Okafor who could hold down the 4 and make a nasty defensive combo with Tyson while allowing Melo to be the clear #1 option. And with the #3 pick we could draft MKG who would be a perfect 2 guard to pair next to Melo and play defense and do all that good stuff New Yorkers love in their players.

idk I guess the Wizards trade option is pretty unlikely to go down, unless we included Shumpert instead of Landry, which I think they would want included in order to accept trading such a high draft pick, since they dont seem to like the idea of MKG or Barnes at the 2, Landry cant shoot worth $++#, and Shumpert is a true SG who can also run the point at times allowing Wall to play off the ball on occasion. But idk if I would be down to trade Iman but than again the prospect of MKG on the Knicks would help me get over losing him. Still a very unlikely scenario either way, figured I would still throw it out there though...

However we should seriously contact Daryl Morey and the Rockets.

Eh, he made a lot of key and clutch shots against the Grizz in the playoffs. He definitely stepped his game up and on the clippers. If everything works out for us I'd welcome with open arms and he'd be an upgrade over Ray (unfortunately since I'm not sure how healthy Ray can stay for a 82 game season) if he can stay consistent and healthy.

I understand some of yall not being sold on Dragic but that's because he's never got consistent starting minutes. Never. Only reason we got to see him play was on some Tom Brady +%@%, Nash and Lowry get injured in comes Dragic and then when they return he's traded or has to share minutes.

June 26: Carmelo Anthony was spotted celebrating his wife La La’s birthday last night on a boat in Manhattan. Carmelo surprised La La not only with a “hermes

life after the NBA and they got him doing this lol

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ the dude on the bike literally turning about face and riding his bike the other way. Who does that? Weren't you going somewhere?

They should've done a real version. Dude gets hit with the ball runs after Baron, guy on bike flips Baron off, guy in car curses Baron out.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

life after the NBA and they got him doing this lol

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ the dude on the bike literally turning about face and riding his bike the other way. Who does that? Weren't you going somewhere?

They should've done a real version. Dude gets hit with the ball runs after Baron, guy on bike flips Baron off, guy in car curses Baron out.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by THE GR8

IMO this summer we really need to get rid of Landry Fields and Douglas more than anybody because I dont see what purpose they serve on this team right now. TD didnt play all season and i dont expect him to, and Fields has been a bum since weve gotten Melo and at this point he is just taking playing time from Shumpert, JR Smith, and hopefully a better SG we can sign in free agency. I think the draft is the best possible time to explore trading both of the players.

Now that Houston was able to receive the #18 pick for Buddinger, there is little doubt in my mind that we can get a mid to late first rounder straight up for Landry Fields. One of those teams takes that deal.

I also think we can maneuver a late first rounder outta Douglas. Lets not forget that TD led the NBA in 3s after the All-Star break this season and could probably give a team more than any late first round pick right away. I hear that the Warriors may be interested in him due to Stephen Curry's injury concerns and they own the #30 pick, and I bet you we could entice other teams picking around that area. Teams with late 1st round picks are usually always in win-now mode and teams looking to make a playoff run that could use some backcourt depth or some outside shooting additions would probably be willing to trade their late 1st rounder for Douglas because most late first round picks wont readily contribute during their first few seasons on winning teams. It would even strengthen the pot if we offered our own #48 pick along with Douglas in order to get a 1st round pick, so that the team we trade with can still find a player to develop for down the road or stash in Europe for a few seasons along with Douglas, which would compensate more for losing their draft pick. It is also a bonus that 2nd round picks have non guaranteed contracts unlike 1st round picks, and this can be very beneficial for deeper teams like the Thunder. Who knows? Maybe the elite teams in the West with late 1st round draft picks would be even more inclined to help us out more than other teams looking to become trade partners considering that with Derrick Rose's injury problems, the Celtics looking like they are one shove away from falling off the edge, Indiana and Atlanta's lack of star power, and Dwight Howard's uncertainty with the Magic, we are looking like the closest thing there is to a legitimate hurdle to the Heat empire in the East, and the last thing that teams like the Thunder want to come across in the NBA Finals is a well rested and uncontested Heat team.

Maybe if we could turn Landry/Douglas into 2 first rounders we could even explore trading up higher if a team drafting is not completely in love with the players available and would be willing to trade down. Alot can happen at the draft and I think the Knicks should be active.

Also, Houston is now clearly going after a superstar considering that they are gathering all of these draft picks together and their target appears to be Dwight Howard. However if it comes out that Dwight wont resign in Houston (which I hear he wont) maybe we could bring up the backup option of Amare to them who would be guaranteed under contract and still makes them a contender in the West.

I have already brought this up but they are more attractive now than ever given the fact that they still have two PGs that are better than any of our PGs (If we could pull off landing Lowry than Grunfeld should just be given executive of the year preseason but I would be very content with Dragic as yall know), they are clearly going all in for a superstar and are tired of mediocrity, and they now have more draft picks than they already had making them more expendable. If we dont even attempt to work out a deal with them we are just plain foolish and obviously too proud to trade Amare even in a good trade scenario, which is a problem because you cant let pride/loyalty get in the way of building a champion when we are clearly not there yet. Amare/Melo have yet to prove they can work together and when there is a team like Houston that has the draft picks and PGs to potentially offer us an amazing deal you gotta explore that.

While im on the topic of Amare trade scenarios, it seems like Cleveland/Washington are both in love with Bradley Beal. If Cleveland trades up to #2 to snag Beal and the Bobcats are not in love with a player at #3 do you think there is any possibility of a Amare for #3 and Okafor? idk just thinking out loud
laugh.gif

Okafor has a similar bad contract to Amare but would give Washington a filthy pick and roll with John Wall/ Amare. He would definitley contribute more right away than anybody that the Wizards could draft at #3, %%%@ even throw in Landry/Douglas since the Wizards are looking for a 2 guard and shooters. A lineup of Wall/Fields/Ariza/Amare/Nene in the depleted Eastern conference would have a bright future ahead.

We would get Okafor who could hold down the 4 and make a nasty defensive combo with Tyson while allowing Melo to be the clear #1 option. And with the #3 pick we could draft MKG who would be a perfect 2 guard to pair next to Melo and play defense and do all that good stuff New Yorkers love in their players.

idk I guess the Wizards trade option is pretty unlikely to go down, unless we included Shumpert instead of Landry, which I think they would want included in order to accept trading such a high draft pick, since they dont seem to like the idea of MKG or Barnes at the 2, Landry cant shoot worth $++#, and Shumpert is a true SG who can also run the point at times allowing Wall to play off the ball on occasion. But idk if I would be down to trade Iman but than again the prospect of MKG on the Knicks would help me get over losing him. Still a very unlikely scenario either way, figured I would still throw it out there though...

However we should seriously contact Daryl Morey and the Rockets.

Back
Top Bottom