let this thread die (NYK)

Better post player, better rebounder, better passer, better defender, shorter contract, less injury concern.

Boom.

Better attacker, better finisher, better athlete, better scorer, better in the pick and roll, more range, younger.

See, I can do that too. Clearly they are both better/worse at different parts of the game. Doesnt prove that one is better than the other.

I think it all depends who you are offering the trade to which determines who is the better trade bait. Like GR8 was trying to say. If a team is looking for scoring Amare is a better option, if a team is looking for rebounding and defense obviously Amare isnt as attractive anymore.

If we are going to somehow flip Amare for anything worth while it is going to be to a team like Charlotte or Detroit who has absolutely no1 that they can count on to score night in and night out. And to be honest the only person I would want from either of those teams is Monroe. But I know Detroit isnt giving him up.

I feel like we are going to be stuck with Amare. Or we will flip him for garbage just to clear him out. I really do hope he stays and goes back how he started with us. But the more and more I see of him acting like he doesnt even care to get back on the court and work on his game, The more I feel like he is going to be just as bad as he was to end the season.

No question Pau is more of a trade asset than Amar'e. Pau was a major part of a championship. Pau doesn't get hurt. And Pau won't cripple your cap for an extended period of time.

Anyway, here are some more pics of Melo and LaLa....

147179170-knicks-carmelo-anthony-attends-the-carmelo-gettyimages.jpg

147179767-la-la-vazquez-anthony-kiyan-anthony-and-gettyimages.jpg

147179765-la-la-vazquez-anthony-kiyan-anthony-and-gettyimages.jpg

147179759-la-la-vazquez-anthony-kiyan-anthony-and-gettyimages.jpg

147179764-la-la-vazquez-anthony-kiyan-anthony-and-gettyimages.jpg

147163298-new-york-knicks-star-carmelo-anthonys-wife-gettyimages.jpg

147179258-knicks-carmelo-anthony-attends-the-carmelo-gettyimages.jpg

147179174-knicks-carmelo-anthony-attends-the-carmelo-gettyimages.jpg

147179494-la-la-vazquez-anthony-attends-carmelo-gettyimages.jpg

147179171-knicks-carmelo-anthony-attends-the-carmelo-gettyimages.jpg

147179766-the-knicks-city-dancers-perform-at-the-gettyimages.jpg

147179758-the-knicks-city-dancers-perform-at-the-gettyimages.jpg

Sorry guys. Not sure if it's YUKU or not. But the pics won't post when I try to use a spoiler tag.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

No question Pau is more of a trade asset than Amar'e. Pau was a major part of a championship. Pau doesn't get hurt. And Pau won't cripple your cap for an extended period of time.

Anyway, here are some more pics of Melo and LaLa....
So because Gasol's contract expires one year earlier than Amare (when he will be 35 may I add and probably near bum status) he doesnt cripple your cap for an extended period while Amare does? Get outta here, both of them have bad contracts and whatever team is trading for Pau or Amare knows that and is clearly looking beyond that because of the value they bring to the team as a player. Its hard to say whose contract is worse because they make the same amount of $, Pau expires a year earlier, but he is also 2 years older. I think they compensate for each other.

Also I hate that "Pau was a contributor on a championship team talk" when comparing him to Amare. I mean he was, im not gonna hold that against him, and it adds to his legacy, but I hate when people use that %%!+!+$ argument when comparing him to another great player when the player won the championship as a 2nd or lower option. Kobe Bryant won that championship, Pau helped, but Pau is not the reason they got that ring, Kobe was. Whose to say Amare wouldnt have won it all on that same exact team? $%%*, Amare was a #1 scoring option in Phoenix, they consistently had the best record in the league and they probably could have won a title if their whole team didnt get suspended vs the Spurs that one season, and to top it off they havent reached the playoffs since he left, but can I use that in the argument for Amare?

Its like how people say David Robinson is a better all-time center than Ewing was because he won a title... DUDE PLAYED WITH TIM DUNCAN! David Robinson didnt win that ring, Duncan won that ring. Sure David Robinson played a big part but whose to say that Ewing wouldnt have won a ring if the Knicks had drafted Duncan late in his career instead of the Spurs. Its the same thing with Gasol. He definitely helped and they wouldnt have won that ring without him, but Kobe won that ring, and I bet you it makes no difference if it were Amare or any other PF of that caliber who was traded to the Lakers instead of Gasol.

Gasol would put up 17 a game with the Knicks and he would work well alongside Chandler and with Melo, like said above, but Idk.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Amare Stoudemire will work with Hakeem Olajuwon during the offseason.
Olajuwon has carved out a reputation as a post-up coach, and Stoudemire will attempt to use his guidance in order to improve. This is music to the ears of Knicks fans, who are desperately hoping that their $100 million power forward improves moving forward. Working with Olajuwon can only help STAT develop a more well-rounded approach on the offensive end.
Source: ESPN New York
Jun 27 - 12:28 PM

Man please stop posting fake SAS tweets in this thread. It's just trolling
laugh.gif

Pau is more of an asset than STAT. Why can't you accept that GR8? Shorter contract not as injury prone. If I'm a gm building a contender Pau is currently a better cornerstone for what's going on in HOU right now.

I don't know where the rest of yall are getting this Pau for Amar'e talk.

Back
Top Bottom