let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Fool on sportsnation just said that Shumpert doesnt play defense
30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
 whattttttt

so glad i stopped watching that channel

i wish i could get paid the big bucks to go on tv and make assinine comments daily

Via Stephen A. Smith's twitter:"A friend of mine close to the Knicks organization is tellin me they're actively shopping Amar'e Stoudemire due to off the court issues."

Originally Posted by EezyVeezy20

Via Stephen A. Smith's twitter:"A friend of mine close to the Knicks organization is tellin me they're actively shopping Amar'e Stoudemire due to off the court issues."
laugh.gif
Weren't we shopping him for Dwight before the deadline?

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Via Stephen A. Smith's twitter:

"A friend of mine close to the Knicks organization is tellin me they're actively shopping Amar'e Stoudemire due to off the court issues."
laugh.gif
Weren't we shopping him for Dwight before the deadline?

If the Lakers were smart they would try to throw Pau Gasol at you for Amare.

Dwight would be another option for the Knicks if they try to package Amare with Toney Douglas and J.R. Smith, Magic will probably try to package Hedo with Dwight.

Mind as well trade Melo for Deron while they're at it lol.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

sign me up as GM, ill have him gone by draft night, and get a better deal that soft **%, just as overpriced Pao Gasol.

Gotta go after the right teams but I think we can still get a lot of value from Stat as I have said before. Burt of course I am not on the inside and the teams that I suggested could have zero interest in him whatsoever although they probably shouldnt because I do think he would be a very good fit in each situation I put out there #1 being Houston, at least better than anything else they got going for them.

Fake twitter account.
ohwell.gif

I'd give amar'e a chance

Ok he sucked it up for most of the lockout season and the second half of his first year, but I don't wanna count him out yet.

His drop offs came following major changes. I still think he can put in work with a proper off season and giving him certain elements that he thrived with. Dude put in work for most of 9 out of his 10 seasons. I don't think the drop off could be that great given normal circumstances.

He does need to put in a lot of work in the off season though. I wouldn't tell him that to his face though

Its not that I dont like Amare and dont think that he is good. I like him alot and I think he is still extremely talented. I just dont see him and Melo working together. Neither of them are good defenders, and they both need to be control of the ball in order to be effective, with neither of them being a particularly good passer or shooter. Let alone that we have Woodson as head coach who likes to run the half court set, and a defensive mindset and guys like Melo/Tyson I could see working in that system and working well, but than on the other hand you got guys like Lin and Stoudemire who dont play defense and seem to be a better fit for a Mike D'Antoni faster paced system focused on the pick and roll utilizing amare. This team just seems to have two different images and that is why I want to get rid of Lin and Amare more than me just not liking them, I think we need guys whose playing styles as well as their playing abilities mesh better than what we have.

I hate to go there but Melo/Amare is like a MUCH better version of pairing Curry/Z Bo or Marbury/Francis, well more Curry/Z Bo cause Marbury/Francis played the same position but you get the point. We will never be a gutter team with Melo/Amare (although we looked like it for awhile with D'Antoni) but I dont ever see us competing with the Heat with their focal points being such good defenders/passers with a core of Melo/Amare I just dont.

It appears that J.R. Smith is pursuing free agency. I'd rather have Smith than Novak.
frown.gif

I wonder if woodson and smith bump heads and thats why hes not resigning?

Via Stephen A. Smith's twitter:

"A friend of mine close to the Knicks organization is tellin me they're actively shopping Amar'e Stoudemire due to off the court issues."

I hope theres more issues than that twitter name calling thing. Yes that was stupid on Amares part, but I dont think he deserves to be traded just for that 1 incident.

Stephon Marbury was in NY for a long time pulling off all types of nonsense.

Yeah J.R is able to get a 20% raise. He doesn't affect MLE. Supposedly he's looking for a Multi-year deal.

Getting Smith for 3 million is highway robbery. He is at least worth 8 per

The last thing JR is going to do is leave NY. Now that he's played in a "night life" city like NYC is, just forget it. Miami or LA teams aren't going to offer him big money so he'll still be right in NYC yolo'ing it up for 3 mil a year.

Originally Posted by you go boy

would yall trade amare for the top 5 pick in this years draft (obviously not 1st pick)
Yes. If its a possibility pull that trigger in a second. Give me MKG to throw at the 2 next to Melo
The Wizards have received calls from a number of teams in recent days about trading the No. 3 pick, according to sources.

Charlotte is interested in trading down to pick Thomas Robinson while collecting additional assets in the process. The Cavaliers may use the No. 4 and No. 24 picks to move up to the No. 2 slot. Cleveland is interested in Bradley Beal and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, but both could be off the board when the pick.

Washington is interested in Beal, Kidd-Gilchrist and Harrison Barnes.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...pting_Trade_Calls_For_No_3_Pick#ixzz1z0U9Vs3W

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by you go boy

would yall trade amare for the top 5 pick in this years draft (obviously not 1st pick)
No1 would be that stupid. But yes. If anyone calls with a top 5 pick for STAT straight up we shouldnt even hang up the phone. Just take it.

There is good return in the first 10 picks in this years draft. After that it falls off pretty hard. But I think the rookie class is pretty good this year.

And as for JR. He is def coming back. It was just a little thing with his contract because he was able to make a little more money by not picking up the option. It was a business decision. No reason to think he is going anywhere.

I hear that Houston could be interested in packaging some of their draft picks and/or one of their PGs in exchange for Pau Gasol if Dwight doesnt work out.

Is Gasol really more of a trade asset than Amare is? I mean his contract is just as bad and he is 2 years older than Amare. I think Amare would be a better fit in Houston than Pau would anyway.

From the outside it looks like it might be the Knicks not making Amare available in trade talks, which is why it seems like nobody is pursuing him. There is no reason for amare to be untouchable here. Pau won a championship with the Lakers. At the very least we should make Amare as available to other teams as the Lakers have made Pau this summer, if not more. If we already have let it be known around the NBA (which I hope we have/ we should) than we have done a damn good job concealing it from the media because it doesnt seems like the Knicks are shopping him at all.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Of course Pau is more of a trade asset than Amar'e right now.
I dont see why a team looking for a #1 scoring option would take Pau over Amare. Amare is younger and more athletic. Amare has put up much better scoring #s throughout his career than Pau, even this year when he averaged less than 20 ppg for the first time since his rookie season he wasnt that much behind Gasol, and any logical GM could see that was because of him and Melo's styles clashing. The Rockets would give him a PG to run the pick and roll with, a shooter in Martin, and other role players to play around him instead of competing for touches with him. They are a team built more like the Knicks were last season when Amare had the best year of his career. Him and Pau literally have identical contracts, Pau gets off the books one year earlier, but I dont think that should matter for a team looking to win (they would be taking on Pau/Amare to try and build a winner not for their expiring contracts) and also because Pau is more than 2 years older than Amare.

I dont see exactly what Gasol would give Houston more than what Amare would give them. I think they would be the better team with Stat. Only thing that Gasol really has got going for him is that he is better on the boards and he piggy backed Kobe to win a ring. As a #1 scoring option though, Gasol has never experienced the kind of success that Amare had in Phoenix or with the Knicks last season besides the 1 year that the Grizzlies made the playoffs like 10 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom