let this thread die (NYK)

I asked @stevenash about the possibility of playing for the #Nets in BK and he called it an "exciting opportunity."
hmmm
grin.gif

Can't be mad at Steve since he would be the man there getting a crazy amount of money and BK would have to do that if DWIll is out the door. Unfortunately for Nash, that team as is wouldn't do any better than the Suns this past season.

jeffries.png

June 26Baron Davis didn’t let crutches stop him from making an appearance atDyckman Park in New York City. The Knicks guard signed autographs and even spoke with the crowd, check out the photos from the night: 

[h4] [/h4]

[h4]June 26: J.R. Smith was spotted at a Porsche Design NBA Pre-Draft event. Smith walked the runway as one of the models in the the first ever Porsche Fashion Show.[/h4]

[h1]Knicks mining NBA draft for gold at No. 48[/h1]
Originally published: June 27, 2012 7:59 PM
Updated: June 27, 2012 8:00 PM
By AL IANNAZZONE  [email protected]

image.JPG

Photo credit: Newsday/J. Conrad Williams, Jr. | New York Knicks' new executive vice president and general manager Glen Grunwald during a press conference before the Knicks-Clippers game. (April 25, 2012)
The Knicks need to upgrade the guard position and add backcourt depth. But unless they make a big trade in the NBA Draft most of their work likely will be done during free agency.
As of now, all the Knicks own is the 48th pick. They sent their first-round pick to Houston in the 2010 Tracy McGrady deal, and they can't buy one. They gave the maximum $3 million they're allowed to add in trades per season under the new collective bargaining agreement to Dallas in the Tyson Chandler trade.
That doesn't mean Glen Grunwald, in his first draft as the Knicks' general manager, won't try to be creative and look to move up to add assets or players who can help right away.
The Knicks worked out more than 40 players.

Some prospects they could be considering include Marquette guard Darius Johnson-Odom, Missouri guard Kim English, IUPUI swingmanAlex Young and forwards Tony Mitchell of Alabama, Khris Middletonof Texas A & M and Baylor's Quincy Acy.

Iona's Scott Machado, who is from Queens, and Greek small forwardKostas Papanikolaou also could be in the mix. The Knicks could try to acquire another pick to land Papanikolaou, who's considered a good shooter, slasher and defender. But he likely will have to stay in Europe for another year.

Other than Toney Douglas, who could be used as trade bait, and last year's first-round pick Iman Shumpert, who could be out until January after knee surgery, all of the Knicks' backcourt players will be free agents.

They're expected to re-sign Jeremy Lin and J.R. Smith, and perhapsLandry Fields. They extended qualifying offers to Lin and Fields, which will make them restricted free agents Sunday. Baron Daviswon't be back and it's unlikely Mike Bibby will.

Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, Ray Allen and O.J. Mayo are among the free-agent guards the Knicks are expected to pursue.Teams can find talent when they draft this late in the second round, but the key is scouting and developing the players.

Marc Gasol, a first-time All-Star this past season for Memphis, was the most notable player taken 48th in the past 15 years. During that same time frame, Manu Ginobili, Luis Scola, Marcin Gortat,Kyle Korver, Amir Johnson, Ramon Sessions and Isaiah Thomas were taken 49th and higher.

The Knicks have done well drafting in the second round recently. They took Fields 39th in 2010 and acquired the rights to No. 45 pick Josh Harrellson last year.

Forgot about OJ I'd want to sign him but he's probably looking for a payday.

let Landry get his Cali P
pimp.gif
, rumor is he strikes out all the time here in NY 
laugh.gif

Btw, anyway Tyshawn Taylor falls to 48? Love the kids toughness, plus watching that documentary "The Street Stops Here" (on netflix i recommend it if you like sports docs) made me more of a fan.

I'm now on a SEARCH to find either the snapback Baron had on or the black one. If anybody could be of any assistance, let me know. I knew I should have copped one when they dropped
30t6p3b.gif

I just got back from the Nike game at Rivington, and Tu Holloway from Xavier was killing. Nice jumper too. Wouldn't mind if the Knicks pick him.

We're probably not getting anyone who makes the rotation in rd 2, might as well take someone who's either entertaining or is high risk high reward i guess.

laugh.gif
Im glad something off the court like this finally happened, i hope someone shines a light on the David Stern/Jim Rome incident and makes a comparison.  What's his punishment?

If the Knicks dont trade into the 1st round (which i think they should still pursue) we are not getting a starter at 48. Having said that we should still find value on what we need the most off the bench along with who is the best talent available.

My ideal scenario for #49 is to get a big man who could come off the bench and bang down low, do all the dirty work that Amare doesnt do. Weve been looking for somebody like that for years with no avail. Tyson was obviously a huge step but after him and Amare we only got Novak (who doesnt play a lick of D), Jeffries (who i like for his role, but he isnt good, and while he plays D hes not really the kind of rebounder we need), and unproven guys like Jordan and Harrelson. Im hoping we could get a guy who will be happy rebounding and playing D, kind of like how I wanted the Knicks to draft Faried last draft.

I would love Miles Plumlee but i doubt he falls given his combine numbers. Mike Scott would also be a steal, plus he can hit from midrange which is always an added bonus... wouldnt mind Drew Gordon either

After that we should be targeting backcourt guys who can be a spark off the bench and some shooting is an added bonus. Maybe William Buford? Also like Macchado.

I also like the Greek dude if we can get another 2nd rounder and stash him in Europe for a season or 2, hes got game ive watched his clips and read the scouting report on him, and I cant remember the last time the Knicks went that foreign route, but i think the Knicks have too many pressing needs for next season to JUST come out of this draft with a guy who wont wear a Knicks uniform next season.

Hopefully Grunfeld can work some magic, he hasnt done anything to lose my trust thus far.

Also, I totally forgot about Mayo also. One part of me loves it if we can somehow snag him for the MLE and start him at the 2, ive always been a fan and i love what he brings, but another part of me would be concerned about picking up another guy who needs the ball. Either way, i will be disappointed if we enter next season with Landry starting at the 2 for us again.

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Source: Nets Interested In Pairing Williams With Nash[/h3]
Jun 28, 2012 12:16 AM EDT

Nash_Steve_phx_110528.jpg

Steve Nash is expected to choose between the Suns, Knicks, Nets, Raptors and Mavericks as he enters free agents, according to sources.

The Nets have cap space to sign Nash while also keeping Deron Williams. A source said the Nets would welcome pairing Williams and Nash together.

When asked if the Knicks or Nets were a better option, Nash said: "Right now the Knicks. Maybe in the few years the Nets."

The Knicks would need to agree to a sign-and-trade with Phoenix in order to acquire Nash.

Nash isn't ruling out remaining with the Suns.

"Phoenix has been home for 10 years," Nash said. "It’s a very important place for me. I'm a Phoenix Sun. I still am to this day. It's definitely still possible. We'll see what happens."

Nash will be a Knick

If you were forced to choose from the Knicks or Nets now of course the choice is the Knicks. I don't think that answer is the clear indicator he'll sign with us.

laugh.gif
@ pairing Nash with Deron though. That dummy King knows he's only interested in Nash as a plan b for when Deron dips. You can not start Nash and Deron as your backcourt and expect things to be gravy.

^^ When i seen it, Can Nash afford to wait a few years ? Then there wouldnt be a point in leaving PHX just to wait for another team to rebuild

Back
Top Bottom