let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

JaredZwerling Jared Zwerling
Damn Shumpert looking good. Just nailed back to back threes. Just hit one on the fastbreak too. Swish. The dude still jumps high from range.

Come on can we just start this dude already.

i mean instead of talking about going after more and more over the hill PGs imo we should just stick with shump at the point considering he is the only player on this team with the potential to start at point for this team in the future and we are essentially saying we are expecting him to do so now that we got chandler making guys like cp and deron highly unlikely

Toney douglas is not a starting pg and baron davis is not the answer. When has a team last won a ring by signing these kind if ring chasers to join our startig lineup. Shumpert can honestly fill a rondo like role and as i have said imo our best bet is to have faith in him since we are essentially expecting him to take over in the near future and advinhve saidbi also thinkbhe is the best fit due to our roster/system and the talent surrounding him.

!%#% looking at all these retirement home point guards. Best move is to start iman and keep bibby as a backup who excels at the 2 areas iman lacks the most, outside shooting ability and big game experience. Than turn toney douglas into jamal crawford because he is a much better value for the role they play and he would effectively split time with landry at the 2 who i see taking more strides forward this year and getting back into pre-melo landry mode and than resigning shawne williams. That right there is our best bet for a winner now and the best team moving forward by far imo and its not even close

A rotation of...
Pg- iman
Sg- landry
Sf- melo
Pf- amare
C- chandler
6- crawford
7- shawne
8- bibby
9- jordan
10- jeffries
11- jorts

Is our deepest/best fitting option imo. You got size, athleticism, defense, youth, and shooting/scorig ability more than keeping douglas and adding baron giving us td, baron, bibby, and shumpert all partnof our rotation severely limiting our size, defense, youth, etc especiallynif we cany bring back shawne as well
+1 on everything you just said pretty much, but i dont think we can afford Purp and Crawford, we have to pick one based on our financial situation. we only have the "room" left. also, depending on how camp is going, and how the season shapes out. if Shump keeps it up, he will get his minutes eventually. u just think D'antoni trusts TD more at this point. 
btw, this team is way >>>>>>> what we went into the season with last year imo, so thats def something to look forward to.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

and I like Shumpert, but asking a kid who has never played PG exclusively to jump in on a playoff team and do it is a lot to ask.
Offense is running through Melo anyway. I like him in that starting PG fit alot more than I like Douglas there. I strongly believe he's better than Douglas in everything except for 3pt shooting.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Originally Posted by d3simet

My second favorite team, Clippers, claimed Billups.

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
The Clippers placed a bid on Chauncey Billups, league source tells Y! Sports.
6:07 PM, Dec 12th via web · Details
Your favorite Eastern Conference team is the Knicks and your favorite Western Conference team is the Clippers? You must have had a tough life

Tell me about it. Look at my sig. 
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

I like Shawne better than Crawford but I'd rather Crawford because with Melo on the bench, Crawford can create his own shot off the dribble..Shawne can't do that..Shawne is great for that corner 3 when Melo or Amare gets double teamed, but you can't get much better than Crawford when you're talking about a spot up shooter..Plus, he leads the league in 4 point plays so he can hit that 3 with the defense running at him

It just doesn't work.

During his 3 years in college he either had Clinch, Udofia or Mo Miller (6'2 combo guards, really more slanted towards PG) playing with him.

Now you're going to stick him next to Landry (who himself is more SF than SG and can't handle or facilitate and is a below average athlete when it comes to lateral quickness)?

It won't work. Shumpert is a combo guard and needs to be eased into things.

and then the fact that defenses would get to sag in on Melo/Amare at a ridiculous amount when Landry/Shumpert are on the perimeter and only Landry can shoot, and he's still only slightly above average in that department.

Not a fan of starting Iman. Maybe on last year's team but now? In this shortened season? Just be happy he'll be getting pt. I wanna see us start off 12-0 man.

Toney Douglas is fine, I don't understand the hate for the guy, he is a solid defender gets a couple steals a game, can hit the 3, penetrate a little. As long as doesn't turn the ball over, he should be fine.

It just doesn't work.

During his 3 years in college he either had Clinch, Udofia or Mo Miller (6'2 combo guards, really more slanted towards PG) playing with him.

Now you're going to stick him next to Landry (who himself is more SF than SG and can't handle or facilitate and is a below average athlete when it comes to lateral quickness)?

and then the fact that defenses would get to sag in on Melo/Amare at a ridiculous amount when Landry/Shumpert are on the perimeter and only Landry can shoot, and he's still only slightly above average in that department.
Co-sign 110%.

Td is good but his court vision is trash and he defense is overrated. He's solid though

Agree shump has to be eased into things

Crawford in a heartbeat. Take the paycut now, & see what we can offer him next season, PLEASE. I like how the players can restructure their contracts now. Should help us get some flexibility should they exercise that option. Crawford would be in the best situation of his career as far as joining a team with winning potential.

And I like what I'm hearing about Woodson bringing a real voice to the team, and not being there just for show.

As of right now, Shumpert has no business as a starting point guard alongside Fields.

and I'm all for Shumpert to develop into this team's starting PG, just not sure that a Shumpert/Fields back court ever works.

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

eyes.gif
frown.gif
 at these tickets.

Ill try my luck thursday when the tickets go on sale to the public

still looking for anyone who has extra tickets to the scrimmage
nerd.gif

Jorts have been impressing in training camp so far. Hopefully he takes as much minutes from Jeffries as possible .

Yeah they should

"The only time D'Antoni gets defensive is when you ask him about defense."

Haha so true

laugh.gif
just saw the thread title...

and im waiting on my schedule for next year. going to grab tickets to the Bulls-Knicks @ MSG on April 8...
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

It just doesn't work.

That was the problems with shumpert at gt, he was really forced into a #1 scorers role which he is not best suited for especially in the kind of slow paced/half court game that cOllege basketball is generally played at. Shumpert's game is built for the nba due to his size, athleticism, and ability to fInish and make plays in the open court, particularlu in d'antonis fast paced system. I like toney douglas but he is not the answer for a starting point guard. His decision making and court awareness would only hurt this team and while he may be raw i would much rather havr shumpert running the offense with amare/chandler on the fast break and being able to fall back with melo in the fast break than toney douglas. Shumpert is also the far better defender and imo he can bring to the table kind of like what rondo brought to bostOn during his early years. Just let him do what he does and let him develop which is far more than what douglas can bring as a starter as well as old guys like baron. The talent around him would make for an easy transaction and shumpert is the mold of pg we need while toney who may be more developed and a better shooter is mot the kind of player we need running the point with such skilled players surrouding him.

Shumpert kinda remids me of russell westbrook in that they were both freak athlete/hs allamericans who were both seen as 1/2 hybrids coming into the league whose skillset is best fit for running an nba system. Westbrook because of so is a great nba pg without really ever effectively handling pg duties full time at ucla despite his freak athleticism and lockdown defensive abilities.

Also similar to rw he has a nice release/smooth looking jumper despite being seen as a raw shooter which i think will make him a much more effecyive shootet in the nba than at gy especially with melo/amare creating more open oppurtunities. He should run the point over td i really think no question

Back
Top Bottom