let this thread die (NYK)

if anyone by any chance has tickets for sale for Sunday's game vs Dallas I need 2.

Would greatly appreciate it, send a PM

sorry to burst your bubble 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

21aepp0.jpg

I'm restraining myself from going in on all the bandwagon Knicks fans on Facebook right now:

Had to comment on a girl's "Courtside seats to catch the Linsanity!!!!" with %%$%% you wasnt with us trading away those picks! 
frown.gif

I'm over here streaming games on my 17 inch laptop
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Yo if yall were watching Gametime Kenny as the Rookie/Soph commish just put in the request that Chuck and Shaq get to choose one player not on the current list to be on their team as a bonus just for Lin
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

the NBA has to somehow include Lin in the All Star festivities.... him being involved somehow will add about 5 million viewers... imagine how much more revenue the NBA would be able to generate just by Lin appearing in the Rookie/Soph game?? $$$$$$$$ 

Originally Posted by youngin33

Melo said on Francesa earlier today that he finally gets to play his position here. He is going to go off when he comes back.

And Dan Patrick knows his shhhh, said when the Knicks are relevant, the Garden is the single best sports event to attend.

Jeffries and Chandler have established a respectable partnership down low, and it's started with communication. Both guys credit approaching each other during timeouts and on the court discussing defensive schemes, and calling out switches and player movements on the court.

"We've built a lot of camaraderie, man," Jeffries said. "Tyson does a great job of talking and it's easy for me to go out there and play with a guy like him, and play at that level. It's fun right now. We're all having fun and we're just riding the wave of what Jeremy and Tyson are doing for us."

"I love having Jared on my side," Chandler said. "His communication, coming in and out of timeouts, telling me what he's seeing out there. I know he's somebody that I can rely on. Also, I don't have to help as much. When I can key in, like tonight, on Bynum and that's it, I'm going to shut people down. When I get in trouble is when I have to help other people a lot, and I come over and my guy already has the ball in scoring position."

Chandler and Jeffries' swarming defense made it especially difficult for Bynum to turn his body to face the basket. He really had to work hard to fight for positioning, and when he tried to twist his body to get into a scoring stance, it didn't work. Bynum was too clogged, and he ended up shooting off-balanced, contested shots.

Lin also Got Front page of huffington Posthaha

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Had to comment on a girl's "Courtside seats to catch the Linsanity!!!!" with %%$%% you wasnt with us trading away those picks! 
frown.gif

%#@#!, you wasn't with us when Nate was getting yelled at for shooting at the opponent's hoop

Originally Posted by PauliePeppas

Originally Posted by mannyfresh106

am i only one who feels jefferies is benefiting us more than amare as of RIGHT now? His hustle, defense, and rebounding makes up for his lack of offense and amare brings none of that tenacity. for some reason i just feel that amare's presence isn't felt anymore and its not due to the whole linsanity craze.

Yeap, always was a fan of jeffries
1299867456_the-situation-is-shocked.gif

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

Why doesn't Melo sit with his team but stands right outside tunnel and just chats it up during home games?
Melo sat with the team the majority of the game. He was sitting in between Jerome Jordan and Jeremy Lin the majority of the game. The camera panned to him several times laughing it up with Landry Fields and cheering the team on with Baron. I don't even recall seeing him standing outside the tunnel at any point.

I'm beginning to think ppl will push this whole Melo is a selfish jealous huge ego player that can't play with Lin and doesn't want to way more than they tried to force the problems with KD and Russ.

grin.gif

People are definitely out to make Melo a villain. Idk what it is but he catches so much unnecessary criticism from fans and the media. When CP3 demanded a trade, everyone was so happy for him for finally being on a team with good pieces. Dwight looked like he was playing basketball in Iraq the first half of the early season and nobody said a word about him impacting the team. Everyone knows he wants out of Orlando, and when he's gone, people will say "Good for him."

When Deron Williams had such a bad attitude his final year in Utah that a HOF coach quit because of him, then got sent to NJ, everyone said "Poor Deron..Going to rot in America's armpit." And even though the Nets have made no improvement at all since he got there, he's still considered an "elite" PG in the NBA.

Yet, Carmelo comes to NYC and he's a villain because he demanded a trade and this that and the third. I'm pretty sure the Jazz have a better record than the Nets since Deron got traded, but you never hear about that. Yet, every other day on ESPN I have to see a bar graph of how many more games the Nuggets have won since Melo came to NY.

Can't wait to see Melo back and with the opportunity to play his own game.

But it really seems like dudes are just trying to find reasons to dislike Melo. Like dude in the previous post .. Melo was chopping it up with everybody on the bench and having a good time the whole game. And of course Melo wants to take the last shot, that doesn't mean he thinks he HAS to take the last shot. A few weeks ago he gave it up to Fields or Bibby, I believe, for an open 3 in crunch time.

Melo will finally be able to play his game and hopefully it's a nice fit.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

People are definitely out to make Melo a villain. Idk what it is but he catches so much unnecessary criticism from fans and the media. When CP3 demanded a trade, everyone was so happy for him for finally being on a team with good pieces. Dwight looked like he was playing basketball in Iraq the first half of the early season and nobody said a word about him impacting the team. Everyone knows he wants out of Orlando, and when he's gone, people will say "Good for him."

When Deron Williams had such a bad attitude his final year in Utah that a HOF coach quit because of him, then got sent to NJ, everyone said "Poor Deron..Going to rot in America's armpit." And even though the Nets have made no improvement at all since he got there, he's still considered an "elite" PG in the NBA.

Yet, Carmelo comes to NYC and he's a villain because he demanded a trade and this that and the third. I'm pretty sure the Jazz have a better record than the Nets since Deron got traded, but you never hear about that. Yet, every other day on ESPN I have to see a bar graph of how many more games the Nuggets have won since Melo came to NY.

well my take is this..fans still remember the brawl a few years ago and it was not a good look for melo especially when it happened at the garden. the way it happened, the way it ended,the cheap punch and the back peddling to the bench, it just looked bad.
and knicks fans remember everything

i just think knicks fans are being careful with melo whether to trust him or not. if melo behaves well and plays nicely then all is forgiven. I actually see this as a great opportunity for melo to make up for that incident.

Well, I meant more in terms of opposing teams' fans hating on Carmelo. I'd say the majority of Knicks fans like Melo. LeBron James could punch Spike Lee in the nose and spit in John Starks face and I would completely forget it happened if he signed with the Knicks and helped us win games.

Plus, I've ever forgotten about that Melo punch. In all honesty, I barely even remember what happened.

Spoiler [+]

I snap!!! I forgot about Jared Jefferies being in the middle of that fight. I wonder if Melo and Jared talked it over when he got here last year
laugh.gif

do people not realize he scored 10 points and we won by 20? that should be the goal every night...

SMH at some people in this thread...

Lol they probably talked about it and hugged it out. It's just funny seeing it again because in all honesty, Melo looked like a punk @%%$!. 4 foot tall Nate Robinson had him flinching
laugh.gif
. Not to mention, son backpedaled halfway to SoHo after throwing that punch.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Well, I meant more in terms of opposing teams' fans hating on Carmelo. I'd say the majority of Knicks fans like Melo. LeBron James could punch Spike Lee in the nose and spit in John Starks face and I would completely forget it happened if he signed with the Knicks and helped us win games.

Plus, I've ever forgotten about that Melo punch. In all honesty, I barely even remember what happened.

Spoiler [+]
I remember that game. The Nuggets were up by 20 or something with about 1:30 seconds left in the fourth quarter. Isiah Thomas was mad at George Karl for not pulling his starters off the court (Camby, JR Smith, Iverson, Melo). George Karl was butthurt about his lovely friend Larry Brown getting mistreated by Zeke and the Knicks front office. Karl wanted to humiliate Zeke. Isiah warned Nuggets players not to score or they will regret it. JR Smith stole the ball and was about to dunk. Mardy Collins grabbed him and threw him into the ground. That was how the Nuggets/Knicks brawl started.
laugh.gif

Actually, I was cheering for Zeke that time. George Karl is a dickhead. I never liked him. 

Back
Top Bottom