let this thread die (NYK)

but why would you trade a player for an even worse contract? that is counter productive... ya amare has a bad contract but joe johnsons is worse... and i dont see how him and melo would be better than amare...the knicks need a point guard not another scorer... and if u trade amare trade for another power foward... no need to get smaller for no reason

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Joe is owed 25 million in 2016.

Amare is owed 0 in 2016.

Amar'e contract > Joe contract.

SG who doesn't play above the rim decline > PF with no offensive game losing his athleticism decline

I LOVE it when Knicks fans say we don't need another score . Newsflash people Amare is not a dominant scorer he can't create his own shot and he is on an athletic decline . JR freaking Smith was our #2 scorer in the Postseason . Amare is not good enough or consistent enough to sit here and say he is the undisputed #2 "we don't need any more scoring"

Amare is owed 0 in 2016.

For Joe *%+@!++ Johnson.

Dude made out like a bandit with that max contract. Incredible.

No thanks to Joe Johsnon. We need consistency. Especially on the boards. I'd take Josh Smith's 13 bpg for Amar'e in a hot second.

Who is ATL more likely to trade. Horford or Josh Smith ?

Chandler  - Millsap - Melo - Iman - Lin

Harrelson - Jeffries - Novak - R. Bell - Watson - Jordan ?

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

That Milsap trade works as well. Someone get this dude a job in Utah.
Why would Utah want that trade?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

I LOVE it when Knicks fans say we don't need another score . Newsflash people Amare is not a dominant scorer he can't create his own shot and he is on an athletic decline . JR freaking Smith was our #2 scorer in the Postseason . Amare is not good enough or consistent enough to sit here and say he is the undisputed #2 "we don't need any more scoring"
Son who is saying we don't need another scorer? We just don't need or want Joe Johnson.

EDIT

Ok yeah you go boy is saying if we get a real pg STAT will become our 2nd scorer.

At what point in the summer will we have the green light to say the Knicks are back?

Or are we waiting for the season to start up again?

Amare is owed 0 in 2016.

PERIOD END OF STORYI'm just gonna assume Amare's gonna be back because as you can see the best trade scenario is joe **@!%!% johnson's bum !!!. He needs to get his jumpshot back. The few games he was good this season he was exploding. The jumper wasnt there all season long.

Have you seen Amare all season ? Me neither.
laugh.gif
at thinking we can get Josh Smith for Amare. Do y'all not realize that this dude and his contract is the joke of the league ? At this point I will be happy just to get this clown off the team for a bunch defensive minded scrubs but if we can get someone for him who can average 20 points and 5 boards and play some good d I'll be ecstatic. Amare and his contract ain't worth jack $#@%

I could see Houston wanting Stat...they need a star player and a go to scorer.  Trade Amar'e/Fields for Scola, Martin, Camby and Lowry or Dragic. 

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Have you seen Amare all season ? Me neither.
laugh.gif
at thinking we can get Josh Smith for Amare. Do y'all not realize that this dude and his contract is the joke of the league ? At this point I will be happy just to get this clown off the team for a bunch defensive minded scrubs but if we can get someone for him who can average 20 points and 5 boards and play some good d I'll be ecstatic. Amare and his contract ain't worth jack $#@%
We not thinking we can get Josh Smith, we just don't want Joe Johnson and with rumors of ATL thinking of trading one of them it's clear who anyone would prefer.

As far as Amar'e this season, this is the first time in his career he's been a no show to this degree. I mean you can call him a clown for what's happened with him both within and without his control but JJ is always ghost in the playoffs, been doing it for years now. IMO there's no good argument for JJ and his contract. I'd rather put my hopes on STAT bouncing back for next season, let him get back in a rhythm and be in training camp with a real pg.

Also a lot of yall need to come to terms that STAT is gonna be here to stay. Seems to be a pattern that it's that time of the month to cook up STAT or Melo trades that are either unrealistic or worse for us.

Originally Posted by TheStephZone

I could see Houston wanting Stat...they need a star player and a go to scorer.  Trade Amar'e/Fields for Scola, Martin, Camby and Lowry or Dragic. 

Houstons GM would have to be Full ****** to let that go through. 

I'm gonna have to agree with ATGD....As much as I feel that it was frustrating to see STAT play this season, there's not that much that the front office would be able to do at the moment. His trade value isn't at its highest either, so we're just going to have to suck it up and hope for the best in the next season. 

stat is here to stay and you guys need to accept it or forget about it... his contract makes him virtually untradeable... with that being said the biggest thing the knicks need is a point guard... but the more important question is do you go all in and get nash or do you look towards the future and keep lin... and if we somehow pull of signing nash and ray allen this summer
eek.gif
 i would be happy with that offseason 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

I'm gonna have to agree with ATGD....As much as I feel that it was frustrating to see STAT play this season, there's not that much that the front office would be able to do at the moment. His trade value isn't at its highest either, so we're just going to have to suck it up and hope for the best in the next season. 

this

Originally Posted by you go boy

stat is here to stay and you guys need to accept it or forget about it... his contract makes him virtually untradeable... with that being said the biggest thing the knicks need is a point guard... but the more important question is do you go all in and get nash or do you look towards the future and keep lin... and if we somehow pull of signing nash and ray allen this summer
eek.gif
 i would be happy with that offseason 
pimp.gif

If we get Nash ill be going crazy
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif