let this thread die (NYK)

Barring anything bizzare,we are def top 3 seed.honestly nothing is stopping us from being number 2,Miami obviously better.bostons old and if we can win the division we can def be 2 seed.Brooklyn,no,Chicago,no,any team outside of that can't mess with us.i may be being super optimistic,but we put together a good team,and I have faith.Don't let the media hate brain wash you.

I'm not worried about melo especially since he will be in shape from the Olympics. Amare and our lack of shooters is what got me nervous.

Plus no having shump is a gigantic loss.

Ray felton looked good in vegas while watching the summer league team with amare. Looks like he indeed lost weight. Lets see when the season comes along. The big difference should be Melo and Stat learning to play with each other.

idk how i feel about randy foye because I would want JR smith to in shooting rhythm while shump is out & I feel randy would def take away from that

This team doesn't need foye and smith at the same time. Raymond Felton about to use the linsanity x abripper x p90x to get back into shape.

Belinelli or bust IMO. Let's get a consistent shooter please. And unlike Novak he can put the ball on the floor.

At this point we shouldn't be saying no to anyone that's a sg. WE NEED SHOOTERS. Even when Shump comes back we'll NEED SHOOTERS. I should be specific though, WE NEED SHOOTING GUARDS. JR being the only guy sg/off the bench able to create his own shot will be a problem for us. Thinking it'll be gravy with Novak and w/e STAT and others do on the inside is not gonna cut it.

Wait how are we even able to sign more players?

I thought that Lin was our last shot at a pickup since we were already over the cap.

I wouldn't be mad at Foye....we have vets in Kidd and Felton who know how to get shooters the rock.....my issue wit Foe is that he'd take a lot away from Shumps development when he returns and Shump is a way better two way player already.

Absolute no to Kenyon...he's touch but our frontline is absolutely stacked even if it is with older, grittier players....I love the versatility it offers from Melo, Tyson, Camby, Amare and Kurt....I'd say our roster is damn good. Woodson wanted vets, he has em, just had to make the offense a bit less one dimensional.

Tommy Dee: had a ton of questions re: why the #Knicks didn't at least entertain the option of S&T 4 Lin. @hoopscritic explains http://www.theknicksblog.com/2012/07/20/tkbtv-knicks-were-linsane-to-let-jeremy-walk/
Oh it makes sense now. Lin wanted the most money possible and he wouldn't agree to a contract not offering the most just to get traded. Keep in mind the Knicks offer could not have been as much as what HOU offered, we could only match.

However, matching and trading him before the 3rd year for a player making around 15 mil would've been great for us just going off some of the ppl dude mentioned.
Alan Hahn: Sorry, not answering any questions about Allen Iverson.
:lol:
where did the foye rumor come from?
Tommy Dee: If the Knicks can add foye they've upgraded major weaknesses. They'll be older but as @Alan Hahn said weeks back, they are going for it.
Tommy Dee: i'm only working under assumptions but it's an educated one. CAA. Newark. Spot shooter. TKB favorite since 2003. @Randy Foye 5 hours ago
Tommy Dee: assuming Foye, top of head start Felton and Foye with Melo Amar'e and Chander. Smith, Camby, Kidd novak...Shump in Jan #knicks
I'm just seeing our sports writers tweet about him among other ppl.
Wait how are we even able to sign more players?

I thought that Lin was our last shot at a pickup since we were already over the cap.
From what I remember we still have the mini mle and/or the b0i-annual. Not sure if that changed after the two S&Ts we did.

If the Knicks can get Meeks, that would be a HUGE pick up. Him and Affalo were the two best percentage shooters from the perimeter last year. In terms of efficiency that is.

NBA Saturday: Felton Reviving Career in New York?
By Alex Kennedy
NBA Writer
EmailPrint5 Comments
Raymond Felton never wanted to leave the New York Knicks. Two years ago, Felton was having the best year of his career and telling those close to him that he wanted to retire in New York. He had developed chemistry with Amar’e Stoudemire and was receiving All-Star consideration. Then, just as he was getting comfortable and averaging a career-high 17.1 points and nine assists, Felton was traded to the Denver Nuggets along with Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari and Timofey Mozgov.

The veteran point guard was stunned. Not only was it the first time he had ever been traded, he was now expected to come off of the bench for the first time in his career. He didn’t start a single game for the Nuggets and didn’t hide his frustration. Chandler, Gallinari and Mozgov settled in with the Nuggets, but Felton had one foot out the door. He made it clear that he wanted to be traded, and his wish was granted over the summer when the Nuggets sent Felton to the Portland Trail Blazers in a three-team deal that netted Andre Miller.

In Portland, Felton had every opportunity to succeed. He entered the season as the number one point guard on the depth chart, but he showed up to training camp out of shape and quickly butted heads with Blazers head coach Nate McMillan. During the first half of the season, Felton averaged just 10.2 points while shooting below 38 percent from the floor. By February, Jamal Crawford replaced Felton in the starting lineup, which didn’t sit well with the veteran point guard.

While Felton’s play improved after McMillan was fired – he averaged 14.4 points on 46.3 percent shooting and 7.7 assists – he was blamed for Portland’s struggles. After unsuccessfully trying to deal Felton at the trade deadline, the Blazers sent him to New York last week along with Kurt Thomas in exchange for Dan Gadzuric, Jared Jeffries and Kostas Papanikolaou.

Felton’s career hasn’t gone quite as planned since leaving the Knicks. Now, back in New York, the 28-year-old wants to forget the last year and a half and get back to the high level that he was playing at last time he was donning an orange and blue jersey. Entering this season, Felton knows he has a lot to prove and he’s hoping to silence his critics.

“I feel good,” Felton told HOOPSWORLD in Las Vegas. “I feel like I’m ready to go right now. I have a really big chip on my shoulder and I have a lot of things that I want to prove. I’m looking forward to it.”

This will be the most talented team that Felton has ever played on. As a point guard, having weapons like Carmelo Anthony, Amar’e Stoudemire and Tyson Chandler makes the job easier. However, Felton will also have to spread the ball around and make sure he’s distributing shots evenly. He says he’s ready to take on Anthony and Stoudemire, and run the offense as he sees fit.

“I’m a dog,” Felton said. “I’m a guy that’s not afraid of either one of them. I’m a guy where if they get mad and upset, I’m able to sit there and tame them. I’m going to let these guys know, ‘Look, I’m going to get you the ball. Just let me run this team. You all are going to get your shots.’”

Felton is excited to play alongside Jason Kidd, who the Knicks signed to the mini mid-level exception prior to completing the trade with Portland.

“He has a lot of knowledge,” Felton said of Kidd. “He’s one of the best point guards to ever play the game. I look forward to learning from him and playing along with him.”

Felton has big shoes to fill in New York. Jeremy Lin became an overnight sensation and fan favorite, but the Knicks decided to hand the reins over to Felton and let Lin walk to the Houston Rockets. After a season and a half of struggles, Felton hopes that a return to New York can revitalize his career.

^ everybody did, the airing that ESPN has been promoting at 12 eastern 9 pacific is going to be a replay of the live game at 3:30pm.

Back
Top Bottom