Lets discuss the term ""hoodrat""

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

so everyone relates hoodrat to the minority in their area...

Yes ignorant black women. Why should anyone think of anything else.

because of the moorons who equate it with nonsense such as hair color and premarital sex

Hoodrat knows no race as far as I'm concerned. Just like stupidity. It's not bound by color.

you couldn't pay me enough to be honest
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Maybe because there are plenty of "hoodrat" of other races. Jussayin'

Hoodrat=mentality/attitude NOT race
I've know ignorant black women that aren't necessarily hoodrats. They're what you would call "bougie"
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Nyota de la star

I've know ignorant black women that aren't necessarily hoodrats. They're what you would call "bougie"
grin.gif

bougie?? do you know the origin of this word??

Like I said. I grew up around many ignorant black women. So I relate the term hoodrat to THEM. I am not saying hoodrats CAN'T be other races, but if youask me which specific group of female I think of FIRST, it is ignorant black females.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Hoodrat knows no race as far as I'm concerned. Just like stupidity. It's not bound by color.
Pretty much.

They are what they are regardless of race.

And why do hoodrats get so much hate? They serve a useful purpose and are appreciated in my book.

Like I said. I grew up around many ignorant black women. So I relate the term hoodrat to THEM. I am not saying hoodrats CAN'T be other races, but if you ask me which specific group of female I think of FIRST, it is ignorant black females.
ALRIGHT.
grin.gif

all races have women with hoodrat tendencies but lets not front like we don't associate the word with black/hispanic women most of the time...

grin.gif

bougie?? do you know the origin of this word??

I think it comes from the word bourgeoisie
ohwell.gif

Like upper-middle class???

black/hispanic women are the first thing that comes to peoples minds because the majority of hoodrats are black/hispanic

there are hoodrats from other races/ethnicity but 90% of hoodrats are black/hispanic

yea so how would a ignorant black woman fit into that....no shots at you, but I always here "bougie" when it comes to lower class/ignorant/ghetto pplwhen "bougie" isn't actually lower class....atleast you know though.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

all races have women with hoodrat tendencies but lets not front like we don't associate the word with black/hispanic women most of the time...

when NT uses it thats exactly what they mean even though they wont admit it

Originally Posted by the north west

black/hispanic women are the first thing that comes to peoples minds because the majority of hoodrats are black/hispanic

there are hoodrats from other races/ethnicity but 90% of hoodrats are black/hispanic

indifferent.gif

Now dudes have collected data
laugh.gif

grin.gif
As I said, I agree with point #1.

But point #2 really makes no sense at all. Please explain yourself.

Bougie is a blue-blooded, high nosed, individual. "Don't get that on me" type. How is that the FIRST word that comes to mind when you seemindless, ignorant, sluttified females?

grin.gif

Bougie is a blue-blooded, high nosed, individual. "Don't get that on me" type. How is that the FIRST word that comes to mind when you see mindless, ignorant, sluttified females?

you originally(edited to add) never said anything about the way they dress, which is another factor of hoodratness. You just said ignorant and black.

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

DC is black..how new are some of you? Son is a bitter self-proclaimed relationship expert/Basketball star

new cause I never saw his face before?

Thanks for answering, though

Let's keep it 100....everytime a topic on NT features women, dudes be coming outta nowhere and start throwing around the word hoodrat everytime a postfeatures pictures of mainly minority women (black/hispanic). These same dudes throwing around the word hoodrat are the ones beastin over all thecaucasian/asian women that get posted in the same topic. These girls can all be dressed alike, take a picture with the same corny pose and all that, but theblack/hispanic women are referred to as hoodrats and the caucasian/asian women are dimepieces.

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

Let's keep it 100....everytime a topic on NT features women, dudes be coming outta nowhere and start throwing around the word hoodrat everytime a post features pictures of mainly minority women (black/hispanic). These same dudes throwing around the word hoodrat are the ones beastin over all the caucasian/asian women that get posted in the same topic. These girls can all be dressed alike, take a picture with the same corny pose and all that, but the black/hispanic women are referred to as hoodrats and the caucasian/asian women are dimepieces.

QFT

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

Let's keep it 100....everytime a topic on NT features women, dudes be coming outta nowhere and start throwing around the word hoodrat everytime a post features pictures of mainly minority women (black/hispanic). These same dudes throwing around the word hoodrat are the ones beastin over all the caucasian/asian women that get posted in the same topic. These girls can all be dressed alike, take a picture with the same corny pose and all that, but the black/hispanic women are referred to as hoodrats and the caucasian/asian women are dimepieces.
I'm positive NTers have enough common sense that if some caucasian/asian chicks had Kool-Aid packets in their hair, they would not be referredto as "dimes". Thats just my 2 cents.

grin.gif

Bougie is a blue-blooded, high nosed, individual. "Don't get that on me" type. How is that the FIRST word that comes to mind when you see mindless, ignorant, sluttified females?

Ignorance transcends any sort of socio-economic barrier.
The slang term "bougie" is usually meant to describe a "wealthy, stuck up [insert minority here] female" (at least how I've heard itused)
I've met young women who were not hoodrats persay but were still ignorant and mindless. This is where "bougie" might come in.
Don't know if that makes sense
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom