Lets discuss the term ""hoodrat""

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

Let's keep it 100....everytime a topic on NT features women, dudes be coming outta nowhere and start throwing around the word hoodrat everytime a post features pictures of mainly minority women (black/hispanic). These same dudes throwing around the word hoodrat are the ones beastin over all the caucasian/asian women that get posted in the same topic. These girls can all be dressed alike, take a picture with the same corny pose and all that, but the black/hispanic women are referred to as hoodrats and the caucasian/asian women are dimepieces.

This right here.

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

Let's keep it 100....everytime a topic on NT features women, dudes be coming outta nowhere and start throwing around the word hoodrat everytime a post features pictures of mainly minority women (black/hispanic). These same dudes throwing around the word hoodrat are the ones beastin over all the caucasian/asian women that get posted in the same topic. These girls can all be dressed alike, take a picture with the same corny pose and all that, but the black/hispanic women are referred to as hoodrats and the caucasian/asian women are dimepieces.
I'm positive NTers have enough common sense that if some caucasian/asian chicks had Kool-Aid packets in their hair, they would not be referred to as "dimes". Thats just my 2 cents.
I ain't talking about females with kool-aid packs in their hair though. I'm talking about casually dressed females of all races. The blackand hispanics females are automatically labeled hoodrats with no reason or evidence of such behavior. Asian and Caucasian women are however,"beast-worthy", "wifey material", and so on. I can clearly remember a post about Michelle Obama going to a soup kitchen in some $500Lanvins....and someone said that she looks like a hoodrat in that outfit. Come on now...

Originally Posted by NationalTruckerDave

I don't use the team "Hoodrat" no more.. I call 'em "Dogs"..

wild lame
tired.gif

if NT is associating hoodrats with all black females that look garbage...smh

a garbage black female can prolly tell u why she is garbage and y she doesnt care

a hoodrat will not acknowledge that she is garbage....and wholeheartedly thinks she is doing the damn thing

I love hood rats, they're down for the cause. They have that attitude that no other type of girl can possess, they jam rap music a lot more than preppybops too.

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

I'm positive NTers have enough common sense that if some caucasian/asian chicks had Kool-Aid packets in their hair, they would not be referred to as "dimes". Thats just my 2 cents.
I ain't talking about females with kool-aid packs in their hair though. I'm talking about casually dressed females of all races. The black and hispanics females are automatically labeled hoodrats with no reason or evidence of such behavior. Asian and Caucasian women are however, "beast-worthy", "wifey material", and so on. I can clearly remember a post about Michelle Obama going to a soup kitchen in some $500 Lanvins....and someone said that she looks like a hoodrat in that outfit. Come on now...
It more so has to do with ignorance & location. Ignorance in that people will assume because a female is dressed a certain way, they will actaccordingly. And location because people will relate everything they see over the internet to how the people are in their neighborhood/school/city/etc. I'mnot going to sit here and lie and act like I haven't done it before either. There aren't alot of black females at my school (probably around 10-15%).The ones I come into contact with on a daily basis are loud/obnoxious/annoying. It would be wrong to assume that all of them act the same way but sometimesI'm alittle skeptical because thats all I see around me. So when I meet a new one I assume she is the same until I talk with her.

And I don't believe anyone has ever called a white female a "hoodrat". Same as I doubt anyone has ever called a black female "trailertrash" or "black trash". Why is that?

Originally Posted by Nawth21

you originally(edited to add) never said anything about the way they dress, which is another factor of hoodratness. You just said ignorant and black.
They can dress with class but if they are still loud, ignorant, and obnoxious they are still a hood rat.

Originally Posted by SWOBOYdeHTEEZY

Are all hoodrats, JOs? Vice versa?
For the most part most hoodrats are loose. I won't say ALL but a vast majority

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Nawth21

you originally(edited to add) never said anything about the way they dress, which is another factor of hoodratness. You just said ignorant and black.
They can dress with class but if they are still loud, ignorant, and obnoxious they are still a hood rat.

See that just seems so broad to me. In that case any girl can be hoodrat then.

!@#$ it

And to potato salad, I can agree with the ignorance part when it comes to people judging others. But please believe, there are white hoodrats....they wouldmost likely be referred to as trailer trash though....one in the same.

I don't see how that is a broad ( LOL ) description at all. I am clearly specifying certain qualities a female needs to qualify for hoodrat status.Don't know how much more you are looking for in a description honestly.

Any girl CAN be a hoodrat, but every/any girl ISN'T a hoodrat because they don't posses ALL of those qualities

I agree; Trailer Trash = Hoodrat. Same thing of different culture.

I just like specifics.
laugh.gif

Any girl can be loud and obnoxious but a hoodrat carries a sort of " project ghetto"
mentality along w/ it.

Originally Posted by Nyota de la star

I just like specifics.
laugh.gif

Any girl can be loud and obnoxious but a hoodrat carries a sort of " project ghetto"
mentality along w/ it.
Any females personality type that is loud and obnoxious. Meaning they ROUTINELY act in this manner. Yes everyone HAS the ability to act that waybut everyone DOESN'T. I am targeting those that project this personality on a consistent basis.

I don't know why people are trying to convince others that hoodrat isn't (or shouldn't be) a term associated with black women. It is face it. So ifyou want to think "Project Ghetto" I wouldn't disagree with you at all.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

all races have women with hoodrat tendencies but lets not front like we don't associate the word with black/hispanic women most of the time...

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Nyota de la star

I just like specifics.
laugh.gif

mentality along w/ it.
Any females personality type that is loud and obnoxious. Meaning they ROUTINELY act in this manner. Yes everyone HAS the ability to act that way but everyone DOESN'T. I am targeting those that project this personality on a consistent basis.

I don't know why people are trying to convince others that hoodrat isn't (or shouldn't be) a term associated with black women. It is face it. So if you want to think "Project Ghetto" I wouldn't disagree with you at all.

There are all kinds of women that act loud and obnoxious on a constant basis. Take the guidettes from the Jersey Shore
laugh.gif

IMO the term shouldn't be associated with just black women. I mean dang we're already ANGRY.

why don't we just up and call it a "term of endearment"? Obviously the ones that say it need some justification to continuing saying it while theone's that don't won't get it and will continue to just avoid it. All in favor?
syke

I swear NT is like traveling back in time. I don't know anyone who uses the word frequently if at all anymore. It's never been an issue in my day today life. This is the first and only place where a topic like this can generate so much useless opinions. Never gonna be a resolution to this.

The internet is the home of the closet racist who decides to step out and show it's true colors. Don't know why yall get mad over this. It aint gonnachange anybody.

Originally Posted by the north west

black/hispanic women are the first thing that comes to peoples minds because the majority of hoodrats are black/hispanic

there are hoodrats from other races/ethnicity but 90% of hoodrats are black/hispanic

/thread

Back
Top Bottom