Lets discuss the term ""hoodrat""

^ i've only seen the word used here also...but i'm not from the hood either so that may be why lol

Why ya''ll still lettin DC get to you?
You people been here for years and you still dont see his MO?

I don't know WHAT I am doing. I just don't understand why people are catching feelings when folks automatically think of black women when the wordhoodrat is used. Why is that so upsetting?

It's mostly based on behavior.

I use the term for annoying, ignorant, loudmouth women. I can't stand hoodrats.

People in the "Hood" stopped using that term in the 90s...

Hopefully people in the burbs get the picture sometime in the NEXT decade...

Then you got so called "black" dudes in here trying to break it down as if ANYone has used the term since Menace II Soceity was in the theaters...

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

People in the "Hood" stopped using that term in the 90s...

Hopefully people in the burbs get the picture sometime in the NEXT decade...

Then you got so called "black" dudes in here trying to break it down as if ANYone has used the term since Menace II Soceity was in the theaters...
What does how frequently it is used TODAY have to do with the first image that is brought to a person's mind when the word is mentioned?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by XxHonchoxX

When I hear hoodrat, I immediately think of a black woman.
Thanks for being honest. I don't understand why folks are beating around the bush and trying to be so politically correct.

I just don't see how anyone CAN'T think of a black woman when the term is used. Especially folks that grew up in black communities. I dust don'tsee how you can think of any other type of woman other than that. I can give you Latina if that is what you grew up around but I damn sure won't think of awhite woman. As someone mentioned earlier, the term white trash is their equivalence to hoodrat

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

Originally Posted by the north west

black/hispanic women are the first thing that comes to peoples minds because the majority of hoodrats are black/hispanic

there are hoodrats from other races/ethnicity but 90% of hoodrats are black/hispanic

indifferent.gif

Now dudes have collected data
laugh.gif
I was thinking the exact same thing. Some of you dudes on here just harbor so much self-hatred that it really isn't funny. And the rest of youcome off as sheltered little kids who get their views on the world by watching "reality" tv.

Any time the term "hood" is used we should all know what race of people its referring too...

Cats is really trying to make it some universal term a good 10 years after the term was put to rest...
smh.gif

If someone used the term in my presence my first response would be... "when did you get out"??

Any time the term "hood" is used we should all know what race of people its referring too...

Cats is really trying to make it some universal term a good 10 years after the term was put to rest...
smh.gif

If someone used the term in my presence my first response would be... "when did you get out"??
How are you coming to the conclusion that anyone is trying to make it a universal term? Because the thread was made?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

smh.gif

How are you coming to the conclusion that anyone is trying to make it a universal term? Because the thread was made?

cuz people are trying to say it applies to all women who act a certain way...i may be that way but thats not how its being used...

^ I don't understand how that answers my question to him.

Nobody is trying to force this word into popular culture. Nobody is trying to bring it back as a prominent slang term. I don't know what dude is eventalking about.

Well you can continue to live in that fantasy world...

For the record I've NEVER heard ANYone from a race other than my own be referred to as "Hood" or acting "Hood"...

But since you brought it up, What exactly can be defined as "acting hood"??

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

You know exactly what someone's trying to say when they mention the word hoodrat.

Stop trying to front on that politically correct bs.

QFT

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

And most of the time what race are these women? Exactly.

A hoodrat is a chick that is ignorant and exhibits genuine "hood" characteristics. I do however agree with DC when he says that he applies the termfor the most part to "ignorant" black females because that is the majority of what I have grown up around or seen. However, there are still asian,white, and latinos who demonstrate those characteristics. I actually know a specific asian chcik who is 100% Grade A "hoodrat" as well as anasortment of white women.

Someone earlier mentioned "white-trash" which I see as a whole different category.

just take the chicks from a show like Flavor a love...sum of dem bees hoodrats....u asked to name em u start with the black ones, include the white onesthat actions are so bad they race has to be ignored

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

The more interesting question is what race do you think they are?
When I hear hoodrat, I immediately think of a black woman.

I'm black, if that matters.

There's girls of all races in the hood like that, not just black.
Hoodrats are just the same girls you see walkin' around the hood and/or the ones that almost everyone you know ran through.

Back
Top Bottom