Let's say you've lived this whole life never knowing there is a God...

Just let that sink in a little. A life in which you never knew a higher being existed....

You've seen horrific,and atrocious things like war, genocide, murder, rape, e.g., Holocaust, 9/11, Katrina.

And today, I tell you that there is a God and that he is all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-good...would you believe me?

Just let that sink in a little. A life in which you never knew a higher being existed....

You've seen horrific,and atrocious things like war, genocide, murder, rape, e.g., Holocaust, 9/11, Katrina.

And today, I tell you that there is a God and that he is all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-good...would you believe me?

Absolutely not. Why would someone believe your crock when you've seen/experienced all those bad things happen much more than "god's work".

Absolutely not. Why would someone believe your crock when you've seen/experienced all those bad things happen much more than "god's work".

Not if you simply told me...but if you were to show me and introduce me to the bible, then yes

Not if you simply told me...but if you were to show me and introduce me to the bible, then yes

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

So you're saying If I write a book about God, that would make me that much more credible? You would only believe me if I wrote a book about God, but not if I told you?

You've probably never even read the whole Bible.

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

So you're saying If I write a book about God, that would make me that much more credible? You would only believe me if I wrote a book about God, but not if I told you?

You've probably never even read the whole Bible.

Depending on whether I've seen a double rainbow all the way across the sky in my life and how good your argument of God being responsible for that double rainbow all the way across the sky, then I might believe you.

Depending on whether I've seen a double rainbow all the way across the sky in my life and how good your argument of God being responsible for that double rainbow all the way across the sky, then I might believe you.

God isn't a man with a beard in the clouds. Its you the genocide, love, death, lust, triumph and pain. Its the very fabric in which you exist.

God isn't a man with a beard in the clouds. Its you the genocide, love, death, lust, triumph and pain. Its the very fabric in which you exist.

lol.. OP is just taking the classic "Problem of Evil" argument against God's existence and phrasing it as a strawman.

lol.. OP is just taking the classic "Problem of Evil" argument against God's existence and phrasing it as a strawman.

Rollin at this last response. What the hell does that even mean? Why call it God then?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

So I'm taking that as a no? You possibly can't believe that God is all-good when God is those things.

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

So I'm taking that as a no? You possibly can't believe that God is all-good when God is those things.

Back
Top Bottom