Let's say you've lived this whole life never knowing there is a God...

Originally Posted by DT43

lol.. OP is just taking the classic "Problem of Evil" argument against God's existence and phrasing it as a strawman.

lol...your answer to my question please?

How am I phrasing it as a strawman.. if I just took the classic "Problem of Evil" argument?

Originally Posted by RoOk

I Roll with Jesus Christ

*Denzel* My Man *Denzel*
pimp.gif

at least give my question some serious thought and try to answer it...not for me, but for you.

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

What is "good" to you?

Well, I know that rape isn't good. Surely you agree with me on that.

I don't want to get too off-topic with such an open-ended question like that. Answer the original question first...

lol.. OP is just taking the classic "Problem of Evil" argument against God's existence and phrasing it as a strawman.

How am I phrasing it as a strawman.. if I just took the classic "Problem of Evil" argument?

Originally Posted by RoOk

I Roll with Jesus Christ

*Denzel* My Man *Denzel*
pimp.gif

at least give my question some serious thought and try to answer it...not for me, but for you.

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

What is "good" to you?

Well, I know that rape isn't good. Surely you agree with me on that.

I don't want to get too off-topic with such an open-ended question like that. Answer the original question first...

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

I tell you that there is a God and that he is all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-good...would you believe me?

Then wouldn't he be able to stop all the bad things from happening?

I tell you that there is a God and that he is all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-good...would you believe me?

I don't know there is a GOD now anyway.

So, no even under these conditions I wouldn't believe you if you told me. Especially if I'm just suppose to believe you and you have no proof, and not the proof that can make a claim look like it's true but undeniable absolute proof.

I don't know there is a GOD now anyway.

So, no even under these conditions I wouldn't believe you if you told me. Especially if I'm just suppose to believe you and you have no proof, and not the proof that can make a claim look like it's true but undeniable absolute proof.

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

That's the point playboy.

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

That's the point playboy.

NO... and if anybody else out there takes enough Humanities/Philosophy classes they won't believe you either... Man created God not the other way around...

NO... and if anybody else out there takes enough Humanities/Philosophy classes they won't believe you either... Man created God not the other way around...

what you mean to ask is "If God exists and is all-knowing, good, etc, how can there be evil in the world".. instead you set it up as a strawman, adding the completely irrelevant "would you believe me" part.

i'll answer the Problem of Evil question directly. a God can exist in a world with evil, if said God allows nature to take it's course, and allows people to have free will. Hurricane Katrina was a natural disaster. all that other stuff you mentioned was a result of human free will.. some choose to do good, some choose to do evil.

what you mean to ask is "If God exists and is all-knowing, good, etc, how can there be evil in the world".. instead you set it up as a strawman, adding the completely irrelevant "would you believe me" part.

i'll answer the Problem of Evil question directly. a God can exist in a world with evil, if said God allows nature to take it's course, and allows people to have free will. Hurricane Katrina was a natural disaster. all that other stuff you mentioned was a result of human free will.. some choose to do good, some choose to do evil.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

^Then what's the purpose of God's alleged existence.
God's existence has no "purpose".. He just exists.

A better question: what's the purpose of your alleged existence?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by bijald0331

^Then what's the purpose of God's alleged existence.
God's existence has no "purpose".. He just exists.

A better question: what's the purpose of your alleged existence?
nerd.gif

I think the problem lies in peoples seperation from god. People speak of gos as if its an outside force and good is just good. God is everything there is nothing its existence does not permeate.

I think the problem lies in peoples seperation from god. People speak of gos as if its an outside force and good is just good. God is everything there is nothing its existence does not permeate.

Back
Top Bottom