Lettuce be cereal LOTR vs Star Wars

Star Wars
pimp.gif
No contest.

Your thread title is misleading. How are we supposed to take you seriously when you think that LOTR is better than Star Wars? That's like asking Maybach or Pinto? Those 2 shouldn't even be in the same sentence. Star Wars > _____. It's not even close.

The lightsaber is the greatest weapon of all time ... and the force >

yoda > gollum / smeagol

lock this up

star wars. lock this up. LOTR doesnt really have a Han Solo badass character. Yeah that little dwarf has a temper on him, but he aint a G like Han was.

For me, LOTR is the greatest work of fiction ever written and my all time favorite book.

As much as I love Star Wars (and believe me, I love the original trilogy with geek-like passion) ...I have to go with Jackson's 3 films as my choice.

I love both but LOTR takes it for me. with star wars, I think the overall lore is better. Stuff like the old republic, and the books. But out of the original 3, I only really loved Empire. I could do without jedi and new hope.

chroniclesofnarnia.jpg

As far as fantasy goes even this is better than LOTR imo

LOTR had great production, directing and all that other stuff the Oscars liked but I couldn't identify with any of the characters and it bored me to death--I thought thought the Narnia films had more entertainmen value, I didn't fall asleep watching CON

LOTR wouldn't exist without Star Wars. Star Wars set the stage for all special effects and production design in film that you see today. With that said, they are both in a league of their own.

Originally Posted by buggz05

LOTR wouldn't exist without Star Wars. Star Wars set the stage for all special effects and production design in film that you see today. With that said, they are both in a league of their own.
But by that logic, you could make an argument for both...
Without LOTR -there might not be a Star Wars -LOTR set the benchmark and was hugely influential on both the fantasy and Sci-fi genre that followed ...it's well documented that George Lucas was a fan of Tolkien's work as a kid.

But yeah, at the end of the day, they're both great films -why does it have to be a comp? Just eat ya damn popcorn and enjoy them both.

because when it comes to fanboys, it's always a competition.

and im a star wars fanboy
laugh.gif

Star Wars easily. It set the standard for all to follow. Lotr and Potter both exceptional yet benefit from the advancement in fx.

im 17 and never seen either of these movies whats up with the hype?
one of my side chicks was a lowkey harry potter fan though

Originally Posted by WaitWut

Smh.  Kids these days
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Vendetta

Smh.  Kids these days
tired.gif
laugh.gif

i ask whats up with all the hype and thats all you have to say? cmon...

Originally Posted by Vendetta

Smh.  Kids these days
tired.gif
laugh.gif

i ask whats up with all the hype and thats all you have to say? cmon...
roll.gif
roll.gif

We can't explain it. The revolution must be experienced buddy. 

Back
Top Bottom