Lettuce be cereal LOTR vs Star Wars

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

Originally Posted by buggz05

LOTR wouldn't exist without Star Wars. Star Wars set the stage for all special effects and production design in film that you see today. With that said, they are both in a league of their own.
But by that logic, you could make an argument for both...
Without LOTR -there might not be a Star Wars -LOTR set the benchmark and was hugely influential on both the fantasy and Sci-fi genre that followed ...it's well documented that George Lucas was a fan of Tolkien's work as a kid.

But yeah, at the end of the day, they're both great films -why does it have to be a comp? Just eat ya damn popcorn and enjoy them both.

We're not comparing effects kid, that's irrelevant.

Star Wars 4-6 > LOTR >>>>>>> Getting shot in the head twice >>>>>>>> Star Wars 1-3

Originally Posted by calibeebee

star wars. lock this up. LOTR doesnt really have a Han Solo badass character. Yeah that little dwarf has a temper on him, but he aint a G like Han was.

7997006.jpg

LOTR trilogy won 17 academy awards including the ones that matter. More than any other trilogy.

I love both but the moment the phantom menace dropped this ceased to be debatable
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Smedroc

LOTR trilogy won 17 academy awards including the ones that matter. More than any other trilogy.

I love both but the moment the phantom menace dropped this ceased to be debatable
laugh.gif

Anyone in here with a brain knows no one is talking about the phantom menace
ohwell.gif

And Since when do the Oscars guarantee that a movie is entertaining?

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

They all star wars though.. The fact you have to disregard 3 movies speaks for itself 
laugh.gif

Even if you take them out though it's still a toss up.

And winning oscars doesn't guarantee anything. It's more about recognition... It's why NT favs like spiderman and transformers have never won best picture. LOTR are good films, you just don't like them which is fine.

laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

They all star wars though.. The fact you have to disregard 3 movies speaks for itself 
laugh.gif

And winning oscars doesn't guarantee anything. It's more about recognition... It's why NT favs like spiderman and transformers have never won best picture. LOTR are good films, you just don't like them which is fine.

Entire Prequel Trilogy > Having to sit thru that last 20 minutes of ayo-ness in ROTK

SW for me.  I've seen it so many times and still never change the channel anytime SpikeTV has their marathons.

I know people hate the length of the LOTR films but the extended version of The Return of the King is really good

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Entire Prequel Trilogy > Having to sit thru that last 20 minutes of ayo-ness in ROTK
agreed.

that film was done after the wedding
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

still, whats worse... that drawn out ending or anakin and padme scenes?? *mindblown*

Hard for me to admit but Star Wars score >>>*

Duel of fates... Across the stars... 
30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

Ok why don't I add 3 stupid fantasy movies with dwarfs similar LOTR into the mix to make things even? Phantom menace was trash, but the three original star wars movies + episode 3 (yea I said it) are leaps and bounds better than anything in LOTR

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

Ok why don't I add 3 stupid fantasy movies with dwarfs similar LOTR into the mix to make things even? Phantom menace was trash, but the three original star wars movies + episode 3 (yea I said it) are leaps and bounds better than anything in LOTR
Anton i know you're smart so i'm going to assume you're trolling
laugh.gif

Lotr dragged on pretty bad in some areas .Star wars first 3 was far more captivating to me when I was a kid .I still don't enjoy tolkeins books or films .I respect the work he put into though.Even though the orcs were depicted as blacks

Back
Top Bottom