pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

That was awesome...

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

chroniclesofnarnia.jpg

As far as fantasy goes even this is better than LOTR imo

LOTR had great production, directing and all that other stuff the Oscars liked but I couldn't identify with any of the characters and it bored me to death--I thought thought the Narnia films had more entertainmen value, I didn't fall asleep watching CON

30t6p3b.gif
so much disappointment.

Lord of the Rings was amazing! The trilogy got better each movie. Return of the King was epic!

Space Balls>Star Wars

Originally Posted by blacklion23

AntonLaVey said:
chroniclesofnarnia.jpg

LOTR had great production, directing and all that other stuff the Oscars liked but I couldn't identify with any of the characters and it bored me to death--I thought thought the Narnia films had more entertainmen value, I didn't fall asleep watching CON

30t6p3b.gif
so much disappointment.

Lord of the Rings was amazing! The trilogy got better each movie. Return of the King was epic!

Space Balls>Star Wars
indifferent.gif
x infinity.

You could at least pit SW against something more formidable. Star Wars easily.

Originally Posted by calibeebee

star wars. lock this up. LOTR doesnt really have a Han Solo badass character. Yeah that little dwarf has a temper on him, but he aint a G like Han was.

Aragon when he was introduced as "Strider" was pretty badass. 
U can't compare yoda to smeagol. if anything you would compare him to Gandalf but i say yoda takes the cake. hes pretty dope. 

Each movie has their own plus's but my preference is still LOTR. The setting, the scale of everything does it for me rather than space. When the camera pans out and see them traveling across huge plains are 
eek.gif

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by blacklion23

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

chroniclesofnarnia.jpg

30t6p3b.gif
so much disappointment.

Space Balls>Star Wars

So spaceballs is much better than LOTR?

Originally Posted by WaitWut

im 17 and never seen either of these movies whats up with the hype?
one of my side chicks was a lowkey harry potter fan though

I don't know.
I just watched the 2nd lotr today and it was meh.
The last hour was the only part that I was able to stay awake.
I fell asleep on 3 separate occasions.
I'd still recommend that you watch em to see for yourself.
I have yet to watch any of the star wars movie.

Originally Posted by TSX24

Originally Posted by calibeebee

star wars. lock this up. LOTR doesnt really have a Han Solo badass character. Yeah that little dwarf has a temper on him, but he aint a G like Han was.

Aragon when he was introduced as "Strider" was pretty badass. 
U can't compare yoda to smeagol. if anything you would compare him to Gandalf but i say yoda takes the cake. hes pretty dope. 

Each movie has their own plus's but my preference is still LOTR. The setting, the scale of everything does it for me rather than space. When the camera pans out and see them traveling across huge plains are 
eek.gif

You've been mirin the aesthetics too much.  Stop trying to clap them elven cheeks before the jakes on you.

Originally Posted by Vendetta

im 17 and never seen either of these movies whats up with the hype?
one of my side chicks was a lowkey harry potter fan though

Smh.  Kids these days
tired.gif
laugh.gif

i ask whats up with all the hype and thats all you have to say? cmon...

Don't worry kid, you'd probably have more difficulty learning them on what a side piece is.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

Originally Posted by buggz05

LOTR wouldn't exist without Star Wars. Star Wars set the stage for all special effects and production design in film that you see today. With that said, they are both in a league of their own.
But by that logic, you could make an argument for both...
Without LOTR -there might not be a Star Wars -LOTR set the benchmark and was hugely influential on both the fantasy and Sci-fi genre that followed ...it's well documented that George Lucas was a fan of Tolkien's work as a kid.

But yeah, at the end of the day, they're both great films -why does it have to be a comp? Just eat ya damn popcorn and enjoy them both.
I'm speaking strictly on film production. Lucas was doing the exact same stuff that Peter Jackson was doing before special effects even existed. Story wise they are both heavy contenders, although Tolkien > Lucas strictly as a novelist, obviously.
Acting wise, LOTR > Star Wars

Back
Top Bottom