Li-Ning Thread

The Screw 3.0's are growing on me - still think the 2.0 is better, but I like 'em more and more.

Anyone else pick 'em up?

The Screw 3.0's are growing on me - still think the 2.0 is better, but I like 'em more and more.

Anyone else pick 'em up?

I am still kinda debating, but I haven't checked current prices. If I can't get the 3.0's for roughly what Peak had them for then I'm going to pass. I would rather wait for the Code Red (mesh or leather) to drop and save myself $200 lol.

I still like the 2.0's a little more myself. The 3.0 is cool, but layout and materials are almost identical to the Vet Day 1 and 2, Daz Fuego, etc...so it's hard to justify the higher retail or even resell price. Where the 2.0 had the ballistic camo mesh with molded toe that only the Jungle Camo's had...and those were samples. Plus the stitched star on the tongue etc. It had enough to set itself apart from the rest of the 2.0 line. Not that it justifies the higher resell price either, but at least you can kinda make a case for it. Only real drawback for me is that I like the fit of the 3.0's better than the 2.0's. I don't really like a snug fit, but I don't want too much room either. Sizing up in the 2.0's made me feel like my feet were swimming and TTS is not as comfortable as TTS in the 3.0's. Oh well :lol:

Last edited:
I am still kinda debating, but I haven't checked current prices. If I can't get the 3.0's for roughly what Peak had them for then I'm going to pass. I would rather wait for the Code Red (mesh or leather) to drop and save myself $200 lol.
I got them from Peak, so for now that's the best deal I've seen. Just saw a pair pop up on eBay for $400.

And that is the same issue I have with the 3.0 - it's just a different color of the VD's and DF (so actually, right now, I have 3 pairs of 3.0's - all the nylon material, just different colors). No extra laces, no special outer tongue emblem, the box is not special, and actually, I dislike the split box and 2 dust bags. So far with the 3.0's I've seen some really cool samples - the Toe Shreds for instance, but they don't seem as well thought out or executed as the 2.0's, and the materials don't seem as considered or varied.

Need a leather pair of 3.0's - maybe that will turn me around on them. Show me something different.

wore these today for Wade Wednesday to pick these up [emoji]128071[/emoji]

A good friend of mine bought them for me [emoji]128561[/emoji] they are :smokin

I got them from Peak, so for now that's the best deal I've seen. Just saw a pair pop up on eBay for $400.

And that is the same issue I have with the 3.0 - it's just a different color of the VD's and DF (so actually, right now, I have 3 pairs of 3.0's - all the nylon material, just different colors). No extra laces, no special outer tongue emblem, the box is not special, and actually, I dislike the split box and 2 dust bags. So far with the 3.0's I've seen some really cool samples - the Toe Shreds for instance, but they don't seem as well thought out or executed as the 2.0's, and the materials don't seem as considered or varied.

Need a leather pair of 3.0's - maybe that will turn me around on them. Show me something different.

Yeah man, we are totally on the same page with that. And don't get me wrong. I don't mind the ballistic nylon at all, it's great and super durable. But with the 2.0's it seems like every pair had different materials. Leather, tumbled leather, suede, 3M, ballistic nylon. There were plenty of choices and they seemed more spread out, whereas all the nylon pairs have dropped at the same time.

As far as leather pairs go for the 3.0 though, I have the 305 Drips and they are awesome. Maybe not your speed, but they are definitely a different look. But the leather is top notch. I even thought the regular Overtown's were amazing when I saw them in Miami. Try one of those to switch it up.

Last edited:
Just a head's up, wayofwadeshoes.com is running a crazy sale on 2's today. Most are $119, but the Overtowns are freakin $59. Nice come up if anybody is looking to fill in gaps, or get started.

Peace,
J

EDIT: Here's the link for those who asked. This is the Canadian WOW distributor...

http://wayofwadeshoes.com/topsellers_products.php
They have been at $119 for a minute - it's where I got my Warriors, Cautions and 305's.

I would have likely grabbed the others they have, but they did not have my size in the Code Red, Overtown or Announcement. $59 is a good deal and I woulda definitely grabbed the Overtowns for that much. They ship super quick.
Yeah man, we are totally on the same page with that. And don't get me wrong. I don't mind the ballistic nylon at all, it's great and super durable. But with the 2.0's it seems like every pair had different materials. Leather, tumbled leather, suede, 3M, ballistic nylon. There were plenty of choices and they seemed more spread out, whereas all the nylon pairs have dropped at the same time.

As far as leather pairs go for the 3.0 though, I have the 305 Drips and they are awesome. Maybe not your speed, but they are definitely a different look. But the leather is top notch. I even thought the regular Overtown's were amazing when I saw them in Miami. Try one of those to switch it up.
I love the 305's, they are on the list, along with the Jungle VD's.

On the pickup front, I got Stormshadows from a private seller and Icemans from SS in today. Really like the Stormshadows. Knew I liked the Icemans, this one is a double up. SS sent a tee this time - white with gold foil.

I have BDays and Jungle 2.0's coming still - will post a few shots of those when they get here.

Man want those overtowns but I'm normally a size 11 in Nike (LeBron, Jordan) and a 10.5 in things like New balance, Saucony. Would grabbing the 10.5 in the overtowns be out of the question? thanks for any help!

Man want those overtowns but I'm normally a size 11 in Nike (LeBron, Jordan) and a 10.5 in things like New balance, Saucony. Would grabbing the 10.5 in the overtowns be out of the question? thanks for any help!
Definitely going to be snug but if you wear them in you should be god eventually. Given they are all leather, they will eventually loosen up.

Definitely going to be snug but if you wear them in you should be god eventually. Given they are all leather, they will eventually loosen up.
I'm a size 11 and can wear a few Nike's in 10.5, but a 10.5 in the 2.0 was just uncomfortable. Might depend on wide/narrow feet. YMMV.

Just re-laced these, since the person I bought them from likes to lace them, well, odd.

Just got these, love them. Blue sole is great, and the black "frame" is really unique. And the white leather WoW symbol on the tongue is very cool. If you don't have I suggest finding a pair.

And this is a double up - love the Icemans, bought the first pair on eBay when I couldn't find them anywhere, and doubled when SS restocked. Bonus is the free socks and the tee that works with a couple pairs of Wades. And the blue soles are killer. Maybe one of the best photographing pairs of kicks I've seen. IG shots always look good.

Sorry if this bores anyone, I am used to more thread movement, since I have mostly been a Kobe guy for a couple years, but have bowed out for now on the 10. I know some of the big Wade guys are active on IG, just wanted to put something here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom