Live-Action Star Wars on Disney+ | The Acolyte | All episodes streaming | R.I.P. Carl Weathers

Did you like Chapter 3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Episode didn't reveal much. We already knew most of what happened. The witch messed with torbin's mind and it backfired on her. Not sure why she decided to turn into smoke at the worst time.

i wasnt even sure what she was doing

mae was turning into smoke too? then that pale maul woman turned to smoke and disapparate like she's in harry potter so were they trying to escape?

that move by sol is a typical cop move, i guess its a space jedi cop move now too, pull the trigger and ask questions later but did he think mother was trying to kill mae?

but you know, she did try to gaslight him before dying so theres that

and no way indara really killed those witches when she frees kelnaccas mind?

then sol holding the bridge up...huh? why not force pull both mae and osha?

they really tried to make the jedis good in this one too and even the council telling them to leave the planet alone so it kind of weakens torbins excuse a little

also doesnt connect as well when torbin killed himself and said he thought they were doing something good when dude literally disobeyed his master, just doesnt track

Last edited:

mae was turning into smoke too? then that pale maul woman turned to smoke and disapparate like she's in harry potter so were they trying to escape?

that move by sol is a typical cop move, i guess its a space jedi cop move now too, pull the trigger and ask questions later but did he think mother was trying to kill mae?

they really tried to make the jedis good in this one too and even the council telling them to leave the planet alone so it kind of weakens torbins excuse a little

also doesnt connect as well when torbin killed himself and said he thought they were doing something good when dude literally disobeyed his master, just doesnt track
I think Torbin offed himself because of the guilt that all the witches in the planet died essentially because he selfishly went back in the first place, mans just wanted to have proof of the vergence so he could finally leave the planet

i think the main issue with this episode is that we saw what half of this events and really had very little difference from what they showed before so overall still just a writing and dialogue issue with the show and now they got one episode left where they have to explain the stranger and the siths and his master and his relation to sol and osha turning, etc...

I think Torbin offed himself because of the guilt that all the witches in the planet died essentially because he selfishly went back in the first place, mans just wanted to have proof of the vergence so he could finally leave the planet

still felt like the line the didnt work

and why did he even think those witches are dead? maybe i need to watch the earlier episode if the whole place blew up or something but no way indara is that op to kill em all off with her mind

Last edited:
Hmmm... an interesting episode.
But overall, it was a bit of a wild.
Everything felt a bit rushed and disjointed... things happening left and right... and escalated, perhaps, too quickly

We understand that Sol is pretty desperate to find a Padawan and that Torbin is really homesick and wants out ASAP.
But overall, it just felt like it was a case of misunderstanding and reckless mistakes.
Sol mistakenly killing Mother Aniseya, who, ironically, was siding with him on helping Osha become Jedi.
While Torbin is just THAT desperate to leave, he just runs off against orders?!

At least the Wookiee Jedi fight scene was pretty cool. Took a bunch of witches to control him and he could not be stopped!

But did all those witches die? Surely Mother Koril is still alive!
They sorta touched on how the twins were 'made', but will they address the significance of them having the identical symbionts?

I think there's only 1 episode left? How TH are they gonna wrap this up???

Haven't caught in a while, but this looks like i'll catch it after the season wraps. Too much other stuff I haven't caught up with. A good kid's demo show with good writing is Star Trek Prodigy, that's a good watch.

Way too rushed…They really could’ve skipped the Osha POV episode and used that run time to play the whole backstory out a bit better…Everything happened in light speed, pun intended…

I will say this though, just how powerful ~special~ was Anakin outright if he himself was a vergence…They have a vergence being shown here as having enough power to create and sustain the life on an entire planet and clearly being the source of Osha / Mae’s birth…Pretty wild…

but you know, she did try to gaslight him before dying so theres that

I think that Sol made the choice to sacrifice Mae because she saw him kill her mother. He saw her as a loose end.

My take away from the episode:

It wasn't great but did well to show exactly how desperate and emotional Sol was/is. From my view, they wanted to paint the picture that he isn't necessarily "bad", but just isn't "good" or what's expected of Jedi. Not sure if this all will lead to him just giving into everything inside and becoming a Sith in the finale, but if so it'll make a lot more sense. If that happens, I can see Osho playing a part in converting him and actually killing off nude homie for Rule of 2.

I loved this episode by the way. I thought it DID explain a lot of the questions we have had from the beginning of the series.
Yeah I'm leaning this way for the episode on its own, but, it makes me wish we had more than 1 episode left. If this were the only flashback, I'd probably have a better appreciation for it, but it makes episode 3 feel like a huge waste of time. Could have shortened one of the two episodes and added some additional current-day story to make it feel less rushed. 1 episode left, about 30 minutes, is going to feel like throwing the story into hyperspace.

The episode itself was perfectly fine, on its own. Everything worked. They told a whole story in a tight timeframe. It's just when looking at the larger picture it's a little grating.

Now my biggest complaint - these Jedi were ******* garbage. Sol being impulsive, selfish, greedy, and flat out stupid, was really annoying. I get King Tommen being a lil *****, he's a padawan. But Sol is a Jedi knight by now? Mfer was moving like Drake and Kells trying to groom a child he wants as an apprentice. I get it, HiS cHaRaCtEr ArC to show he's shed the immaturity between then and now. But no man. Could have made it less creepy. Very easily. Trinity trying to keep his *** in check must have been hell for the 7 weeks they were on that planet.

I think that Sol made the choice to sacrifice Mae because she saw him kill her mother. He saw her as a loose end.

he definitely tried to save both and only decided on one and chose osha because the whole episode dudes been wanting her as a padawan

if the main reason was to cover up his murder, he kight as well be revealed to be the sith lord

i know jedis arent suppose to be perfect but to kill a child to cover up your other murder is a whole different level

After everything that happened in the episode, osha eventually left the jedi anyway and doesn’t show any force abilities.

Show creator seemed like she really wanted to make a show about twins. she’s probably like the dork in the twisters trailer.
IMG_8738.gif

i guess give them credit for being "brave" enough to do this stuff but man, its crazy but other than crazy sol fascination with the little kid...

and i already wrote about this but a space cop killing a black character who he thought was going to do something when she wasnt and then they trying to cover that up?

thats nuts and its not like this is some for mature audiences only show

and as many have said before, where is the budget for this show going? they just milked 2 episodes out of one by showing a slightly different pov

and as most of yall see, i was into this show in the beginning but ive been turned and if people are just making too much excuses for the show then maybe it is just bad...

he definitely tried to save both and only decided on one and chose osha because the whole episode dudes been wanting her as a padawan

if the main reason was to cover up his murder, he kight as well be revealed to be the sith lord

i know jedis arent suppose to be perfect but to kill a child to cover up your other murder is a whole different level

I am not saying that was the main reason. I get that he desperately wanted a padawan. Just saying that it could have factored into it. I am likely wrong though and it was probably 100% because he wanted to save Osha as his potential padawan.

Another thing that I wanted to point out was the possibility that Sol was worried about the witches sacrificing the children as part of the ritual. So to him, the safety of the children might have been one of the things motivating him, above and beyond wanting a padawan.

Back
Top Bottom