Live-Action Star Wars on Disney+ | The Acolyte | All episodes streaming | R.I.P. Carl Weathers

Did you like Chapter 3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That’s been my biggest gripe with this mid-level show. They gloss over so many important things and then when you question it, you’re either told to just enjoy the show mindlessly or need someone to throw explanations for you.

boba shoulda at least put kristian in the tank and let him have that as his flashback

:lol:

The boy Din about to come in with an extra gear, darksaber in hand, after losing Grogu. I wonder what the possibility is of Bo Katan showing up too.

Also with Boba telling Fennec he’d sacrifice himself for her, I think they may off him and then have Fennec run things after he’s dead.

Watched the episode. Still a slow burn but knowing that Din is about to show up soon got me hooked. Dude better not be sad and depressed that Grogu is gone.

i dunno how you debbie downers are not enjoying this show. i get that this is not rogue one but it's an entertaining watch imo. krrsantan running away last week was pretty bad and there are some gripes i have too but seeing the back story plus this new chapter of boba's life is great. or maybe i'm just seeing it through my 8 year old son's eyes?

I think it's just tough to see boba this washed. guy constantly needs saving. My main memory of him from the movies is Luke making quick work of him and getting eaten by the worm. Dunno if this show has improved the perception of him or made it way worse.

Did he even have a prime? We never saw it. Besides the cool armor, never thought much of the character. Show is about average.

this is how i see it on my perspective and as a casual SW fan

i liked boba and like most because he looked cool and bad*ss in the 2min he was on screen

i want to see him do cool, bad*ss sh*t, he was just destroying storm troopers in Mando S2

i just discussed this with jaypesoz jaypesoz , i didnt read the books and dont know his past adventures or how he became the most feared bounty hunter in all galaxy, hell no one is even cowering in fear in his presence now because they even got to see him washed, so it would be nice if you show the viewers that first instead of the back-end of his life? but again dude was just washing trooper maybe a week ago according to the timeline even before he had his armor and now this dude cant survive 30 seconds without fennec

but despite that, if the show is great or done right then i'll like it, the cream always rises despite what i want to see, i am not constraint on what i expect from a show and it doesnt ruin it for me but if its not super enjoyable or thrilling to me then it is what it is, you cant always just say its the audiences expectations, its also to the showrunners not to deliver something people will like

like a lot of people found wandavision slow to begin and boring, i found it very fun and entertaining seeing old sitcoms but i didnt enjoy the ending, it fell flat for me while other enjoyed the robot battle that ended in a conundrum or a riddle, cool concept but i didnt think it was executed well

and then TF&WS was just a complete let down and i had no expectation on that, just wanted to see good action

right now, Book of Boba is mediocre and more a butt of jokes than anything but it isnt bad and unwatchable but they feel wonky and inconsistent and all over the place

this is a story of boba past his prime and how he evolved and like Master Zik Master Zik kinda said, it seems that much of the fault is in how people imagined boba feet to be.

right now, Book of Boba is mediocre and more a butt of jokes than anything but it isnt bad and unwatchable but they feel wonky and inconsistent and all over the place

These are just the two points of why I think this show is just ok, at best. People say Boba's evolving and growing. What's the growth going on because I'm missing it? Dude has flashbacks of learning lessons with Tuskens but then the show's made clear that he's a washed old man in the timeline, with zero respect in the streets. Bro's one-liners to Fennec as she rolls her eyes at him is just wild disrespectful to the titular character. Is the growth because he's suddenly Dr. Dolittle with animals?

If Fennec wouldn't constantly suggest what to do next to Boba, he'd just be bumbling about Jabba's Palace all day. Many people always bring up Wandavision being slow but that show caught its stride by the third episode and never slowed down. AND it had nine episodes in the series, so it had time to setup pillars before it built upon them. But yet, we still have to hear that Boba's a "slow burn." We're literally past the 60% mark of the season and Boba's motivation is what exactly? To rule Mos Espa because he just didn't want to be a freelance bounty hunter?

And as far as it being "our fault" we expected something else, yes it's on us because we were literally sold on this show from Mandalorian's Chapter 14 episode. Disney even doubled up and put out a 30 minute hype video in November about Boba's history. So yes, I am not getting what I expected and that's exactly why I'm disappointed. Add on that just the overall inconsistency like rfx45 rfx45 said and this show is more of a chore than anything.

Like I've said before, I don't hate the show and I'm friends with a bunch of people who work on it, so I'll never flat out say anything bad about it. But if I'm gonna be honest, the show's just mid. a 6 out of 10 so far. The 61% on Rotten Tomatoes is accurate and this is one of the few times they're not even using Trolls for the score because they know it's true. Even Temuera & MingNa Wen are pulling the Mark Hamill move of speaking up and saying they had other ideas. That's never a good sign from your main stars. I don't care how anyone can spin it.

Or just look on NT, the show is a month in and this thread's only jumped about 9 pages and it's mostly because of the jokes and official images Disney puts out. There's literally zero discussion between people about anything good that's happened on the show. Even Hawkeye had more life during it's run in the Marvel thread.

Hopefully, these last few episodes should be legit. I know they saved all the cameos for the backend and we've got a Bryce Dallas Howard and Filoni directed episodes for these next two weeks. And I expect Rodriguez to bring it home for the finale so just give me these last 2.5 hours at around Mando level competence, and I'll say the season was good. I just want to be able to tell ksteezy ksteezy that he needs some Boba Fett figures but this show ain't helping me:lol:

like i said, maybe i’m viewing it through my son’s eyes. i do see boba….maturing is a better word maybe. old man can’t be ripping **** up all the time, he might break his hip or lose his life alert bracelet. he’s trying to use his brain and has become more
compassionate after finding a family bond with the tuskens. i can see giving it a 6 though. personally, i give it a 7…or maybe a few fractionals lower. my wife and my son and i all immediately looked at each other with big smiles end of last ep when they played mando’s theme song so it’s working for us on a family level. not only that, wed is a night that my son is guaranteed to do his homework without us asking and also be nice to his sister.

like i said, maybe i’m viewing it through my son’s eyes. i do see boba….maturing is a better word maybe. old man can’t be ripping **** up all the time, he might break his hip or lose his life alert bracelet. he’s trying to use his brain and has become more
compassionate after finding a family bond with the tuskens. i can see giving it a 6 though. personally, i give it a 7…or maybe a few fractionals lower. my wife and my son and i all immediately looked at each other with big smiles end of last ep when they played mando’s theme song so it’s working for us on a family level. not only that, wed is a night that my son is guaranteed to do his homework without us asking and also be nice to his sister.

That's dope. If that show can benefit people like that, I'm happy for you guys. Star Wars is a family franchise, first and foremost, so I have nothing bad to say when I hear cool stuff like that. Kudos, bro.

mandos music playing at the end of the last episode is its peak so far so that saying something

its also why i suggested earlier that S1 of book of boba fett should have been his earlier adventures before he fell in the pit, i mean the title is book of boba but its the tale end, even that title kind of implies his life not his retirement :lol:

disney is really missing out on some of the content they can make like grand master luke, dudes feat suppose to be insane and h ebecame the strongest jedi ever but you'd never think that based on the films alone, leia beat him by pulling herself to the ship while passed out in space when it was onyl implied she had the force in the films before

or how vader became op, i was watching some yt on vaders story for example and his trials before palpatine really made him who he was in the og trilogy and i only saw bits and pieces and it looks like good fun, they can do it like mando too and keep him in his helmet most of the time and since hayden is back, have him to the finale when he finally got to remove his helmet to make sure its not just a stunt guy in there

Show is mediocre man just face it 😂. Its not terrible, its not great. It just is.

Not all SW content is going to hit and thats okay.

I have my eyes set on Obi Wan, Asoka, and the next Mandalorian season.

been more fast and furious with the heist and tribe/family vibes than a western

mandalorian was practically full on western, even the theme song i can see in a john wayne film

1642732454031.jpeg

1642732471139.jpeg

1642732485012.jpeg

1642732500456.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom