Live-Action Star Wars on Disney+ | The Acolyte | New episodes Tuesdays | R.I.P. Carl Weathers

Did you like Chapter 3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Most likely not their last face off before New Hope but idk if they'll face off again this season.

I think they messed up by having them meet so soon in the first place.
I could be way off but the show to me was supposed to be about washed obi-wan reconnecting with the force while being hunted by Inquisitors and Vader. That being said there isn't any suspense in the hunt. He's already been captured and saved. If they were gonna have him leave tatooine, then why not have the Empire get closer and closer to finding him, maybe a few close calls while he starts getting his groove back by washing troopers to eventually one of the Inquisitors. Then at the end of the series Vader finally finds him and they face off. That way even if Obi-Wan loses and gets saved, we would get a decent fight that makes sense and the hunter finally cornering his prey would be satisfying.

Last edited:
I’m still enjoying the show. I’m always easily entertained so so far i’m still on-board with it.

However, i can call a spade a spade and say this show does have some issues. the one that is bugging me the most so far is Leia - not the actress or the way she’s written, which btw i think she’s amazing and they couldn’t have cast a better Leia, but this story just has too much Leia. Having Leia and Obi Wan know each other in this capacity with Vader chasing does complicate things. The Organa’s could now easily be identified as Jedi sympathizers and tortured by Vader and the Inquisitors. Maybe this does happen and its what sparks Leia and Bail to officially join the Rebellion - but I do hope they address this in some capacity. However, given how the writing is going so far, i’m not expecting it.

predictions -
- Qui Gon will show up. they’ve teased it too much not to at this point. He’ll give Obi Wan some guidance on Vader and say he was the chosen one and brought balance to the force and he was correct, from a certain point of view :lol:
- we’ll see Anakin again. No way they bring back Hayden and just hide him behind a suit. Hopefully a Clone Wars flashback.
- Vader v. Obi Wan part 3 will happen. Hopefully Kathleen Kennedy didnt gas this one up too much.
- We’re due for another Leia rescue mission :lol:
-

I’m still enjoying the show. I’m always easily entertained so so far i’m still on-board with it.

However, i can call a spade a spade and say this show does have some issues. the one that is bugging me the most so far is Leia - not the actress or the way she’s written, which btw i think she’s amazing and they couldn’t have cast a better Leia, but this story just has too much Leia. Having Leia and Obi Wan know each other in this capacity with Vader chasing does complicate things. The Organa’s could now easily be identified as Jedi sympathizers and tortured by Vader and the Inquisitors. Maybe this does happen and its what sparks Leia and Bail to officially join the Rebellion - but I do hope they address this in some capacity. However, given how the writing is going so far, i’m not expecting it.

predictions -
- Qui Gon will show up. they’ve teased it too much not to at this point. He’ll give Obi Wan some guidance on Vader and say he was the chosen one and brought balance to the force and he was correct, from a certain point of view :lol:
- we’ll see Anakin again. No way they bring back Hayden and just hide him behind a suit. Hopefully a Clone Wars flashback.
- Vader v. Obi Wan part 3 will happen. Hopefully Kathleen Kennedy didnt gas this one up too much.
- We’re due for another Leia rescue mission :lol:
-
vader now knows the organas been harboring obi wan. since obi wan came out to save her. how does he NOT execute them ALL after all this?

you telling me vader and the new empire is so incompetent that they not questioning WHY obi wan going to all this trouble to save this kid?

they wait all them years to blow them up with the death star?

talk about getting paid by disney

yah the aftershow pod i listen to said “its better we had an episode last week than none…”

i mean, is it?

is it really better that the morbius film exist?

i just hope the last episodes deliver and it really hinges on them moving in from this leia arc

yah the aftershow pod i listen to said “its better we had an episode last week than none…”

i mean, is it?

is it really better that the morbius film exist?

i just hope the last episodes deliver and it really hinges on them moving in from this leia arc
i read that they are ready to make a season 2 of obi wan kenobi due to the big viewership of the first 2 episodes.

vader now knows the organas been harboring obi wan. since obi wan came out to save her. how does he NOT execute them ALL after all this?

you telling me vader and the new empire is so incompetent that they not questioning WHY obi wan going to all this trouble to save this kid?

they wait all them years to blow them up with the death star?
agreed 100%. Thats my biggest gripe with this whole story so far - but this story aint done yet so i’m not sure where they’re going to take it because my hope is that Vader goes over there and handles business. but the way this story is written so far idk if they’ll address it or not…but they are writing themselves into a corner here…

in theory, lets say that Vader starts torturing Bail organa, kills the wife, sacks the planet and holds them prisoner on their own planet - i mean i suppose it could happen still. so, when its time to test the death star, then the empire is like **** Alderaan, we’ve been dealing with their **** long enough

giphy-downsized-large.gif

really looking forward to andor. wish it was atleast 3 seasons instead of 2.

in that time line they have much more freedom to explore and not straight butcher canon.

episode was good, at least it moved at a good pace but the holes keeps on piling on

:lol: at de-aging hayden, couldnt they smooth out some of those lines in his face and thin it out?

stormtroopers really cant hit sh*t 5-10 feet away from them

reva in a hurry but letting the big gun fire at it when her lightsaber can easily cut through it and open it? :lol:

theyre really desperately finding ways to make leia useful

best acting by reva actress yet but kind of a predictable turn and kind of a useless arc

but the two openly talking about turning on vader in front of all the stormtroopers? are the helmets blocking their hearing?

i like vaders showing his power by pulling the decoy ship down but not the other?

obi f’d up and cold to use reva and fed her to slaughter :rofl: vader aint even got to use his own laser sword

:rofl: grandinquisitorbyke out of nowhere because…

and of course the most evil of evils still wont kill her because she’s gon have to do more shenanigans

finale better deliver the fight of the century

Last edited:
Good episode, BUT….(always something with this series)…

Bruh does a single lightsaber stab to the gut not kill anyone? Grand Inquisitor back. Reva gets stabbed and she ain’t dying. Hell, bring back Qui Gon if thats what we’re doing

The last two episodes are co-written by Andrew Stanton, so there's some hope that this miniseries finishes strong.

My hopes have not been dashed. (So far.)

I thought Part V was good. Not just better than the first four episodes good. It felt like actual Star Wars.

I liked the whole flashback sequence with Obi-Wan and Anakin sparring.

You can tell Ewan and Hayden were happy as hell when they filmed that.

obi wan is such a ****ing coward

really thought he was gonna stay and fight vader with reva.

a straight ****ing coward.

Good episode, BUT….(always something with this series)…

Bruh does a single lightsaber stab to the gut not kill anyone? Grand Inquisitor back. Reva gets stabbed and she ain’t dying. Hell, bring back Qui Gon if thats what we’re doing

they made it seem like vader stabbed her as a youngling too and survived…

the body got to evaporate to make sure their dead

1655280651735.gif

episode was good, at least it moved at a good pace but the holes keeps on piling on

:lol: at de-aging hayden, couldnt they smooth out some of those lines in his face and thin it out?

stormtroopers really cant hit sh*t 5-10 feet away from them

reva in a hurry but letting the big gun fire at it when her lightsaber can easily cut through it and open it? :lol:

theyre really desperately finding ways to make leia useful

best acting by reva actress yet but kind of a predictable turn and kind of a useless arc

but the two openly talking about turning on vader in front of all the stormtroopers? are the helmets blocking their hearing?

i like vaders showing his power by pulling the decoy ship down but not the other?

obi f’d up and cold to use reva and fed her to slaughter :rofl: vader aint even got to use his own laser sword

:rofl: grandinquisitorbyke out of nowhere because…

and of course the most evil of evils still wont kill her because she’s gon have to do more shenanigans

finale better deliver the fight of the century

disney really cut the budget man anakin looking old as **** as a padiwan. if they arent going to deage him please dont do no more flashbacks.

show keeps on with leia man. just call the show young leia already.

vader can kill children just not children that grow up and betray him [\spoiler]

a little tidbit on something stupid that happened in this episode and a possible spoiler for the next episode
apparently they changed around the ending to allow reva to return in season 2. this is why it looks so stupid that they didnt kill reva after she turned on them. she originally dies at the hands of vader. it just looks so stupid that they let her live because they got another season coming. now her going to kill luke looks even more useless because she has no reason to do so [\spoiler]

Last edited:
also this was reva's best episode acting wise. it shows you shes not a bad actor. the source material is just bad.

I enjoyed this episode more, but it's not without issues, of course.

I don't mind the Leia character, but I do feel that she's been forced into a bigger role than needed, IMO. Sending her up there to 'save the day'... who knew she had so much technical knowledge! 😅

The hanger/underground hideout seemed bigger than what I first thought! From the time Vader marched thru those tunnels, they loaded EVERYONE into that ship and got it ready to launch!! 😅 And that decoy! I had to rewind to see where that 2nd ship was!

Yeah, I was wondering about that ending... and the 'significance' of Reva finding that hologram device. Why was it necessary for her to discover that there was another child on Tatooine? I guess that's why.

Back
Top Bottom