Live-Action Star Wars on Disney+ | The Acolyte | New episodes Tuesdays | R.I.P. Carl Weathers

Did you like Chapter 3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not killing Third Sister is the BOSSEST thing ever.

They are basically like, "You are so pathetic, its not worth killing you, try again, LOSER."

Star Wars is the only series that’s been allowed to thrive with horrible writing. With that said, episode was entertaining 😂

Haven't watched the latest yet but i'm reading the spoilers, they just haven't given me enough to care. Hate to say it but the writing is on the last trilogy level, from bad to basic. I hate that Lucasfillm still doesn't get it. You can still write something really good and thought provoking that will appeal to all ages.

Haven't watched the latest yet but i'm reading the spoilers, they just haven't given me enough to care. Hate to say it but the writing is on the last trilogy level, from bad to basic. I hate that Lucasfillm still doesn't get it. You can still write something really good and thought provoking that will appeal to all ages.

SW knows they can get away with lazy writing because they know all they have to do is re-create parallels between the new material and the OT/PT for the nostalgia bait and it will sucker a majority back in.

Folks have really watched 4+ hours of a trash story and have the nerve to say "SW is Byke!" because of a flashback scene:lol:

a little tidbit on something stupid that happened in this episode and a possible spoiler for the next episode
apparently they changed around the ending to allow reva to return in season 2. this is why it looks so stupid that they didnt kill reva after she turned on them. she originally dies at the hands of vader. it just looks so stupid that they let her live because they got another season coming. now her going to kill luke looks even more useless because she has no reason to do so [\spoiler]

i dont know if she plans to kill luke now but if she is then its dumb because there’s no consequence in it because we all know he’s gon’ live so what sthe threat?

We know stormtroopers suck but they're next level bad in this show. This ep they only managed to kill one guy they shot at point blank range, a droid, then wound a character that sacrificed themself.

We know stormtroopers suck but they're next level bad in this show. This ep they only managed to kill one guy they shot at point blank range, a droid, then wound a character that sacrificed themself.

im convinced jedis arent that great at deflecting shots with their lightsabers, its just that they just have to deflect 1.69% of the shots coming their way

a little tidbit on something stupid that happened in this episode and a possible spoiler for the next episode
apparently they changed around the ending to allow reva to return in season 2. this is why it looks so stupid that they didnt kill reva after she turned on them. she originally dies at the hands of vader. it just looks so stupid that they let her live because they got another season coming. now her going to kill luke looks even more useless because she has no reason to do so [\spoiler]
Ahh, so even though she tried to betray Vader. She's still going to try for Luke. Yeah, I hope Cal Ketsis ends her at this point lol

With all the canon source material in the current comic books, you'd think this would be a fairly smooth transition of story-telling in live-action.

The episode was alright, but it was also meh. Vader could've ended Reva quick, but decided to force cha-cha with her.

What was cool was the flashback scene of them sparring. Hayden (even though looking older) still had it. Also was cool how Obi-Wan knew how to distract Vader because he would be so blinded by rage for Obi-Wan during the attempted escape.

Surprised we haven't seen Darth Sidious yet, either. I thought we'd see a Yoda cameo too, but I realized he is in hiding as well.

Also hoped we'd see more Jedi's at this point. But from this episode, it looks like a lot of them left their sabers and let go the way of the Jedi.

Let's hope they go all out with the finale.

Cross posting from the other thread…

Low key, Vader breaking Reva’s lightsaber in half and throwing one of the hilt’s to her to use is probably the most badass moment in Star Wars anything…He basically said listen chick, I ain’t about to defile my blade with your blood, but I’ll still let you have this smoke if you want it…

Also y’all catch the ANH Obi-Wan vs Vader callback?

In the training flashback Obi-Wan tells Anakin “Your need to prove yourself is your undoing…Until you overcome it, a Padawan you’ll still be”…In the very next scene Vader is so blinded by taking Obi-Wan down ~ essentially proving he’s better than his old master ~ that he fails to realize Obi-Wan used Reva as a distraction so that the pre-rebels could escape the planet…

This leads directly into Vader’s comment in ANH “When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master”…I dug this subtle callback for sure…

too many call backs each episode

read they did this on purpose to all 6 episodes to parallel the original and prequel trilogies.

kind of cripples the writing no?

Also y’all catch the ANH Obi-Wan vs Vader callback?

In the training flashback Obi-Wan tells Anakin “Your need to prove yourself is your undoing…Until you overcome it, a Padawan you’ll still be”…In the very next scene Vader is so blinded by taking Obi-Wan down ~ essentially proving he’s better than his old master ~ that he fails to realize Obi-Wan used Reva as a distraction so that the pre-rebels could escape the planet…

This leads directly into Vader’s comment in ANH “When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master”…I dug this subtle callback for sure…

I've been waiting for this moment to come up and make sense...if this is the callback from ANH and Obi-Wan is "mastering" Vader by basically running away, then this whole series has been a let down. I anticipate that they have a big battle in this finale coming up and Obi Wan gets the better of him again.

If that doesn't happen, then this whole series has been pointless IMO.

Back
Top Bottom