Living above your means to floss on IG

IMO posting pictures of your kids online is just providing way too much information. Everything from date of birth, place of birth, child’s full name, or photographs with a geographical location. All this can be used for identity theft. Plus later on in life, these pictures may end up hurting the kids either career wise or possibly admission to a university. I know a few employers that refuse to hire any candidates if they are very active in social media.

To each their own though.

Last edited:

What's worse is when people get married or have kids relatively early. Part of me feels like it's for social media.
what!!? 
roll.gif
go talk to an elderly person and rethink this post 
Don't understimate how far social media flexing can go.
I'm not saying people don't but old heads were having kids/married super young decades ago 

It just exposes idiots and liars. It can be a positive but everyone wants to be a star since the late 90s when reality tv became a thing. Back then it was about getting "discovered" now it's about fronting. :lol:

:smh:

People have troubles dealing with reality.

Last edited:
Man I don't believe that **** for not one hot second.

The republican party alone debunks this imo.

from a PERCETAGE standpoint... not a raw number standpoint.

There's 4x's as many white people as there are black people in the united states, so the numbers wont compete from totals...

But from a percentage of total population, which is a better way to look at a stat, then it shouldn't be so hard to fathom.

just a like experiment... go ask 10 white girls and 10 black girls would they marry a guy who wasn't into church.

Also, I found this... not sure how true it is, but I think it says 83% of black people are Christian, which is totally plausible.

http://blackdemographics.com/culture/religion/

View media item 1349910
Also, most of the black population resides in the south... Which we all know is the "bible belt"

I couldn't find religious stats on white people... And again, I'm not sure how accurate the stats above that I posted are, but from a purely anecdotal perspective, I firmly believe this

Not sure what you aren't getting.

MOST people don't apply settings. They just post pics, everyone can see them. But guess what, you don't even HAVE to be friends with people to see their photos. Even if they are set to private.

The point is a child has NO say-so over their pics being broadcasted in a public arena. Don't do that to them

how you know, bruh?

And you can definitely adjust settings to where people cant see certain albums.

If you talk about hackers, your email, cell phone, iCloud account, etc is just as vulnerable.

You're moving the goal posts... At first, it was "i'm tired of people posting pics. nobody wants to see them"

now, it's "everybody can see the pics. it's unsafe"

If you're saying you wish people wouldn't post for safety issues, cool. If it's for the child not having any say so, then cool.

But that's not what the initital argument against it was. You and other folks were all "aint nobody trying to see all that" which I responded with "some people do... if it bothers you so much, unfollow them"

plan as that.

Let's not act like living above your means isn't an American problem in general. No need to bring race into this; there's people of all colors who buy @$!# they can't really afford to impress their friends

This is so true.

What in the sam hell is going on in this thread????

How religion made its way into this conversation?

:rofl: @ ME6 seeing the phrase "white people" and screaming racism.

:rofl: @ ME6 seeing the phrase "white people" and screaming racism.

it ventured into religion when dude said AWG's post Chipotle and Starbucks coffee w/ #blessed

someone came in and said it's mostly black people that do that

not too much of a derail

me6 is just ready to scream "NT hates white people" w/ out eem looking at the damb posts

IMO posting pictures of your kids online is just providing way too much information. Everything from date of birth, place of birth, child’s full name, or photographs with a geographical location. All this can be used for identity theft. Plus later on in life, these pictures may end up hurting the kids either career wise or possibly admission to a university. I know a few employers that refuse to hire any candidates if they are very active in social media.

What kind of childhood photo could a job look back at in 15 years and decide not to hire a person or be declined for a college?

But what would be the difference between a mother posting kids and a single female posting what she bought at Chanel?

What's the difference between a father posting himself with his son at the game, and a single male posting his new BMW?

No difference in my opinion. Like you said, just unfollow and go about your business.

No need to create a thread on another forum and vent about How other people spend their money.
i dont agree w/ your first points. i think there's a difference between a child's accomplishments/cute moments and material stuff...

and a new car is a big deal... some people work hard for it and want to show the fruits of their labor. I ainemm mad.

But we totally agree on the second point... just unfollow them, famb... aint that hard.

roll.gif
@ ME6 seeing the phrase "white people" and screaming racism.
roll.gif
 I was just pointing out that homey got that "blessed" comment backwards. Back to the topic of broke mf'ers flossing on social media. 

Last edited:
On some real ****....

What was said about some people getting married or having kids real early right now just to put it on Instagram is something I've thought about recently. Yes there's always been a bunch of people that do these things way too early but there's a certain percentage now that I think dead *** do it thinking in the back of their minds about the attention it could receive on social media. Especially when a chick is pregnant and documents EVERY single step on Facebook and Instagram. Nobody wants to see your pregnant as hell *** multiple times a day on their timeline.

And another thing...idk how many of you go on Tinder but it seems like some chicks have profiles on there just to advertise their IG to get more followers from thirsty random dudes.

What kind of childhood photo could a job look back at in 15 years and decide not to hire a person or be declined for a college?

I probably wouldn't hire you if this was your baby pic :lol:
View media item 1349993

Last edited:
What is a pie chart about race's religion doing in an instagram thread?

Ig really does rustle jimmies, two of the most controversial topics have been captured along with an illustration. If someone brings up tipping and or lebron, fades will be getting caught somewhere.

But what would be the difference between a mother posting kids and a single female posting what she bought at Chanel?

What's the difference between a father posting himself with his son at the game, and a single male posting his new BMW?

No difference in my opinion. Like you said, just unfollow and go about your business.

No need to create a thread on another forum and vent about How other people spend their money.
i dont agree w/ your first points. i think there's a difference between a child's accomplishments/cute moments and material stuff...

and a new car is a big deal... some people work hard for it and want to show the fruits of their labor. I ainemm mad.

But we totally agree on the second point... just unfollow them, famb... aint that hard.

Idk bro.... Females grinding and working their tail off to buy an authentic Chanel purse = Us guys grinding to buy a luxury whip.

Hell, my girl right now wants to grind and buy an Hermes Birkin or Chanel purse.

All in all, Instagram or whatever social media is a way for an individual to express their inner ambition/motives/goals...ect.

If posting a picture of a 2015 Audi S7 with "#Oneday" next to it, then 2 years later... Posting a picture yourself next to it in your garage.

What's it to yall? (People that have a problem with flossin) Let people be... And stop trying to bring them down.

Idk bro.... Females grinding and working their tail off to buy an authentic Chanel purse = Us guys grinding to buy a luxury whip.

Hell, my girl right now wants to grind and buy an Hermes Birkin or Chanel purse.

All in all, Instagram or whatever social media is a way for an individual to express their inner ambition/motives/goals...ect.

If posting a picture of a 2015 Audi S7 with "#Oneday" next to it, then 2 years later... Posting a picture yourself next to it in your garage.

What's it to yall? (People that have a problem with flossin) Let people be... And stop trying to bring them down.
oh.... okay then...

I feel what you're saying. I went back and reread your first post and I feel you.

*e-dap*

1. Ricky, there are ways around the Private Albums setting. All you have to do is type in "Photos of ______." Been tested and has been the case for years man.

2. Not changing the argument. People really don't care about others personal life pictures as much as people post personal life pictures. It is a competition man. 

3. The half-naked "fitness" pictures has to stop. People posting thirst trap pictures disguised as fitness related.

4. I just find it SAD that people think about, "I can't wait to post this" long before they even LEAVE the location that they are in. Instead of enjoying the moment. Capturing the moment is more important than enjoying the moment.

And 97% of the time the stuff posted isn't some EXCLUSIVE stuff that we all can't do. Posting pictures of you sitting by a river? Ok? Who can't walk outside and do that, other than dude that is about to move with his girl to Arizona

And another thing...idk how many of you go on Tinder but it seems like some chicks have profiles on there just to advertise their IG to get more followers from thirsty random dudes.

Very true.

Don't hate the player... Hate the game!

These girls ain't forcing you guys to follow them. It's your choice to click add/follow amirite?

No hate from me. I don't have instagram and neither does my girl. We did meet on tinder though :lol:

Back
Top Bottom