Living above your means to floss on IG

Idk bro.... Females grinding and working their tail off to buy an authentic Chanel purse = Us guys grinding to buy a luxury whip.

Hell, my girl right now wants to grind and buy an Hermes Birkin or Chanel purse.

All in all, Instagram or whatever social media is a way for an individual to express their inner ambition/motives/goals...ect.

If posting a picture of a 2015 Audi S7 with "#Oneday" next to it, then 2 years later... Posting a picture yourself next to it in your garage.

What's it to yall? (People that have a problem with flossin) Let people be... And stop trying to bring them down.
It isn't anything to us. We are simply pointing out the fact that it is stunting. Forget the motivation angle you are trying to paint this picture is, it is a direct competition type of thing. You have to post stuff online, for others to see, as a means of motivation?

It is a human thing man. We all do it somehow/someway. It isn't just IG or Internet folks. We all do it man.

I just find it funny when it is disguised as something else.

I just personally hate the Selfie Community period. I mean people take selfies of themselves "sleep" with their kids. 

"On the way to church." ~ Selfie

"Bored" ~ Selfie

"This new deoderant isn't clear" ~ Selfie that shows h o oters bunched up

I mean, just caption the pics, "Look at me" as I will stop complaining.

You have to see the bigger picture man. We are raising young women in this society that thinks NOTHING is wrong with this type of behavior because it is normal. It isn't cool at all man. Oversaturation of the market

Idk bro.... Females grinding and working their tail off to buy an authentic Chanel purse = Us guys grinding to buy a luxury whip.

Hell, my girl right now wants to grind and buy an Hermes Birkin or Chanel purse.

All in all, Instagram or whatever social media is a way for an individual to express their inner ambition/motives/goals...ect.

If posting a picture of a 2015 Audi S7 with "#Oneday" next to it, then 2 years later... Posting a picture yourself next to it in your garage.

What's it to yall? (People that have a problem with flossin) Let people be... And stop trying to bring them down.
It isn't anything to us. We are simply pointing out the fact that it is stunting. Forget the motivation angle you are trying to paint this picture is, it is a direct competition type of thing. You have to post stuff online, for others to see, as a means of motivation?

It is a human thing man. We all do it somehow/someway. It isn't just IG or Internet folks. We all do it man.

I just find it funny when it is disguised as something else.

I just personally hate the Selfie Community period. I mean people take selfies of themselves "sleep" with their kids. 

"On the way to church." ~ Selfie
"Bored" ~ Selfie
"This new deoderant isn't clear" ~ Selfie that shows h o oters bunched up

I mean, just caption the pics, "Look at me" as I will stop complaining.

As Ricky already stated.... NOT a big deal AT all!!!

As it does not affect your life at the tiniest of bit! Whatever you think it is, flossin, flexing, stunting (any other slangs out there) it should affect you at all.

If I wanna post a pic of my new house... Guess what? I'm posting a pic of my new house! What's it to you? (Not you, specifically, but u know what I mean)

Be honest? What seems lamer?

A person posting what they did today or bought today?

Or...

A person posting "nobody cares" "you could've put that money somewhere more useful"

Being proud of your body seems good to me.... being fit and proud is even better
You can be proud of your body without broadcasting and flaunting it. It is all about showing others that you are proud of it. That is the reasoning behind it. Yes, nobody is denying the importance of healthy living man. It is just a competition of sorts man. I mean hell, just go look at the NT In Shape Thread. A lot of it goes on in there.

What kind of childhood photo could a job look back at in 15 years and decide not to hire a person or be declined for a college?

I mean it varies from innocent to extreme. And I am not saying an online photo will be the deciding factor but I am just trying to point out why even have it out there in the public for someone to judge?

For example you're a boy and there are toddler pictures of you playing with your mom's lipstick posted on social media. No big deal right? 'Oh how cute, lil Jon playing with mommy's lipstick and getting it all over him. However, years later, when you're an adolescent, it's becomes an embarrassing picture and possibly a simple innocent picture becomes an unfair judgement of you. Yes I am reaching but I hope you understand what I am getting at.

:rofl:

as if women for centuries weren't using their sex appeal to get attention from guys.

As Ricky already stated.... NOT a big deal AT all!!!

As it does not affect your life at the tiniest of bit! Whatever you think it is, flossin, flexing, stunting (any other slangs out there) it should affect you at all.

If I wanna post a pic of my new house... Guess what? I'm posting a pic of my new house! What's it to you? (Not you, specifically, but u know what I mean)

Be honest? What seems lamer?

A person posting what they did today or bought today?

Or...

A person posting "nobody cares" "you could've put that money somewhere more useful"
LOL We are just having a simple discussion here man. The, "It doesn't bother your personal life" card doesn't really fit here. Nice try though. 

roll.gif

as if women for centuries weren't using their sex appeal to get attention from guys.
Again, WHO is denying that Ricky?

LOL We are just having a simple discussion here man. The, "It doesn't bother your personal life" card doesn't really fit here. Nice try though. 

that's been your angle, though... The fact that it IS bothering people's personal lives because their feed is somehow "cluttered" with stuff others dont want to see.

that's been your angle, though... The fact that it IS bothering people's personal lives because their feed is somehow "cluttered" with stuff others dont want to see.
I never once used that as my angle. I never said it bothers my personal life. I am simply speaking on observation. 

4. I just find it SAD that people think about, "I can't wait to post this" long before they even LEAVE the location that they are in. Instead of enjoying the moment. Capturing the moment is more important than enjoying the moment.

And 97% of the time the stuff posted isn't some EXCLUSIVE stuff that we all can't do. Posting pictures of you sitting by a river? Ok? Who can't walk outside and do that, other than dude that is about to move with his girl to Arizona
What if that is how they enjoy the moment? It takes what, 30-45 secs to take a pic and post it? Small amount of time taken to take a moment that will, without that picture, only exist as a memory which can fade? Why is it a problem for a person to want to remember a moment and live a moment while taking by taking a picture?

Ding ding ding ding...

Yes we are having a discussion. My question still stands... So yeahhhh it fits perfectly!

Society has definitely reached new heights of narcissism with the advent of social media.

Last edited:
roll.gif

The idea that posting half naked pictures ONLINE is what I am referring to. Young girls that are raised into this culture are raised to view this as NORMAL behavior.

Ding ding ding ding...

Yes we are having a discussion. My question still stands... So yeahhhh it fits perfectly!
It doesn't affect me personally. I just enjoy discussing things that are happening in society. That is all. So that is why I am in the middle of the conversation. Nothing further.

:lol: and there goes the "u mad". Never fails with the cornballs.

Yes, play it off with laughing emoticons. Really though step back from the computer and sit in the corner. 

Yes, i'm the upset one running around with racists rants and getting mad that NT doesn't agree with me every chance I get, even in posts with nothing to do with race. Please take your own advice, and while in that racist corner, look up the definition of "irony".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom