Living in Cali

^ Low key true. If you got an idea of what you r doing work/school-wise and its worth it then by all means move to LA. Its great down here.  They say the state is broke but I honestly don't notice it except for higher ticket prices... If you r trying to look for any type of job it might be hard to find one that pays well... Finding an apartment is pretty easy but being from LA I know that what I consider cheap is expensive in most places... 

You can make $30,000 in SF/LA/SD and still be broke. Just keep that in mind. You can't take it from people who sit here on NT and tell you it's great. A majority of them are young, still living at their moms probably paying zero rent/mortgage.

There's barely any jobs out here, the rent is stupid, the gas prices are the highest in this state than any - and nothing is improving.

Stay away from Cali if you don't have a family - or if you're not making $40,000+.

You can make $30,000 in SF/LA/SD and still be broke. Just keep that in mind. You can't take it from people who sit here on NT and tell you it's great. A majority of them are young, still living at their moms probably paying zero rent/mortgage.

There's barely any jobs out here, the rent is stupid, the gas prices are the highest in this state than any - and nothing is improving.

Stay away from Cali if you don't have a family - or if you're not making $40,000+.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

You can make $30,000 in SF/LA/SD and still be broke. 
This is broke no matter your living situation in CA. Keep that in mind.
For real though.
laugh.gif

You broke it down nicely there.  It definitely is tough out here without a GOOD job.   
Add that to a sneaker obsession and you'll be eating Cup of Noodles for Lunch and Dinner.  
laugh.gif

You broke it down nicely there.  It definitely is tough out here without a GOOD job.   
Add that to a sneaker obsession and you'll be eating Cup of Noodles for Lunch and Dinner.  
laugh.gif

Cali is awesome if you're relatively well-off, and like Animal said, your income is definitely going to dictate your quality of life. The diversity and the weather are awesome, but they come at a pretty steep price. Let's consider that on the low-end, you'd end up being on your own and able to spend at least 600-700 on rent (that's if you're rooming with others) as well as another 400+ for your car and gas per month, as well as spending money to eat and other needs/wants. You'd have to be pulling at least 25k just to live in Cali, unless you're living at home rent and utility free.

I recently moved away from Cali and let's say that money goes a lot farther now, and even going to school is cheaper. The UC system is starting to gouge people like all those infamous private universities did, with 30% raises in tuition and all that other nonsense.

Anywho, I'm stacking my chips before I go back to Cali, because I have family there and I don't want to stay away for too long. Once school is out and I get a job in Cali, I might just settle by the beach and stay there for good. Also, if taxes are hurting your pockets, there are tax benefits to being married...

Cali is awesome if you're relatively well-off, and like Animal said, your income is definitely going to dictate your quality of life. The diversity and the weather are awesome, but they come at a pretty steep price. Let's consider that on the low-end, you'd end up being on your own and able to spend at least 600-700 on rent (that's if you're rooming with others) as well as another 400+ for your car and gas per month, as well as spending money to eat and other needs/wants. You'd have to be pulling at least 25k just to live in Cali, unless you're living at home rent and utility free.

I recently moved away from Cali and let's say that money goes a lot farther now, and even going to school is cheaper. The UC system is starting to gouge people like all those infamous private universities did, with 30% raises in tuition and all that other nonsense.

Anywho, I'm stacking my chips before I go back to Cali, because I have family there and I don't want to stay away for too long. Once school is out and I get a job in Cali, I might just settle by the beach and stay there for good. Also, if taxes are hurting your pockets, there are tax benefits to being married...

All this talk about you need a certain income level to live here is a bunch of bull. I mean do you really need new shoes every month? Do you really need an expensive bachelor pad or live comfortably?

Just be frugal and live within your means regardless of what income level you are in. People come here to LA with $20, can't speak English and can still make a living here for themselves and their family. It's all about hard work and learning how to hustle/grind because there are tons of opportunities here in LA.

All this talk about you need a certain income level to live here is a bunch of bull. I mean do you really need new shoes every month? Do you really need an expensive bachelor pad or live comfortably?

Just be frugal and live within your means regardless of what income level you are in. People come here to LA with $20, can't speak English and can still make a living here for themselves and their family. It's all about hard work and learning how to hustle/grind because there are tons of opportunities here in LA.

Even 40k isn't doing it for some, BUT if you can manage your money right, it will be a lot easier. 

Even 40k isn't doing it for some, BUT if you can manage your money right, it will be a lot easier. 

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Or be prepared to live very frugally. Cheap groceries, riding a bicycle, etc.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Or be prepared to live very frugally. Cheap groceries, riding a bicycle, etc.

i just moved to cali not to long, and lets just say as a black man being single, i had sex with two Asian girls a bunch of Spanish chicks and one Armenian chick. In 21 years living in the CHI
the closest i ever gotten to this type of a diversity was that one white girl who tries to act like she black.

Californiacation of Life
pimp.gif

i just moved to cali not to long, and lets just say as a black man being single, i had sex with two Asian girls a bunch of Spanish chicks and one Armenian chick. In 21 years living in the CHI
the closest i ever gotten to this type of a diversity was that one white girl who tries to act like she black.

Californiacation of Life
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom