|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by CP1708

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
"I'm funny how? I mean funny like I'm a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh?"

Apparently calipari is a bad coach with no national championships
And I can't have an opinion

I just think we need a shake up and a new approach after 3 bad coaching hires and front office mistakes like losing Pau and Dwight for nothing and being the jokes of the league after free agency meetings with Adam Levine :lol:

L4L, you know that Jim Rome mantra he lives by? "Have a take, don't suck"

You have a take.

But it sucks.

No harm or foul, just the funniest thing I've heard in 2016.

Cal is a great COLLEGE coach. You want to hand him the keys to the entire Laker brand. Full control, run the show.

That would be suicide B. The Cleveland Browns would mock us.

I get, think outside the box. I'm with you that far, but Cal? Ipari? Naw. :lol: I rather hire Jeanie as coach and let Kobe be the GM.

Cal, nor Phil, nor coach K, is the answer.

**** Thibs unless he's an associate head coach.

Last thing we need is burnt out 26 year old superstars

Luke
Cal
Coach K
Ollie

All before Thibs

Last edited:
I agree with cleaning house to a certain extent.

I say fire Jim Buss but keep Mitch.

Ryan West still is at apprentice level right now and isn't ready to take the keys to completely run the Lakers yet. Either keep Mitch or somehow get the Jerry West to run the basketball operations again.

I get it CP, I do

But to me basketball is basketball. College or NBA. There have been successful coaches on both levels before. And there have been really good college coaches that were horrible in the NBA because they're dealing with men not boys anymore (pause).

Cal is a good basketball coach.

in other news, Hibbert to Grizzlies? Marc Gasol out for a while with a broken foot.

Byron Scott hasn’t talked to D'Angelo Russell about starting after All-Star break

"Communication."

When we talk about Lakers’ coach Byron Scott’s questioned player development skills with young players Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson, and particularly D'Angelo Russell, it is his old-school lack of communication that comes into question. It’s what is different from what Gregg Popovich or Quin Snyder or other guys developing strong young players have done. From the outside (we’re not in practices/film sessions), we see Scott was not letting Russell play through mistakes — feeling that was rewarding bad behavior — but then not doing a good job communicating what the player is doing wrong.

“Scott says he plans to start Russell after NBA All-Star weekend (Feb. 12-14). But Scott said the two have not talked about that issue," according to the LA Daily News.

“He is not old enough for me to have a meeting with him and discuss, ‘What do you think?’” Scott said.

I would say you should have that meeting — it’s called a teachable moment. “What do you think? Well here is what I see that is different.”

Part of what is going on with Scott and Russell is the concern from some in the Lakers’ camp that Russell comes off cocky as Scott puts it, that his ego is big. So they are trying to take him down a peg. I would say that for a smart player — and Russell is that — the game is humbling and will take care of the ego issue. But you’ve got to give him run to develop him.

Play him, and then communicate with him. It’s a system that does worth with modern players.

Source:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/02/07...-star-break-but-hasnt-talked-to-him-about-it/

:smh: :rolleyes

**** Thibs unless he's an associate head coach.

Last thing we need is burnt out 26 year old superstars

Luke
Cal
Coach K
Ollie

All before Thibs
We've been complaining the last two seasons about Clarkson, Randle and Russell not getting enough minutes. I'm exaggerating, but I'm okay with overplaying them now. :lol:

Last edited:
Not enough minutes, too many minutes make up your minds. They need as much rep as possible.

Because there's no such thing as balance?

He overworked his players... Call it however you want

Last edited:
One of the ESPN shows was saying how Tibbs has worked hard on learning offensive schemes since he was fired, attending colleagues' practices and such and that he's well aware of criticism against him (that he only coaches defense etc)

People do change and grow and learn you know

Last edited:
To those saying they want the Lakers to clean house - you realize that means Jeanie taking over and doing the firing, right? You guys are cool with that?

The way I look at it is 3 years of progressively bad seasons, historically bad, with Jimmy and Mitch calling shots. Making a few good draft picks doesn't make up for the bad moves and mistakes, and the failed and embarrassing free agent meetings....3 failed coaching hires

We need a new infusion of leadership. Mitch has done some great things, but 15 years is a long time. We need a new era of management and leadership

Last edited:
Who would you want to run the lakers cp? Magic?

The ****? :lol: I wouldn't give that bum a mop job.

I'd be fine with Luke, or Thibbs. I don't think Thibbs would win us a title, but, after Byron? He'd teach these kids real NBA ball. 3-4 years, they reach primes, new coach could get over top like Kerr/Mark Jax.

Taking sports advice from Magic seems like taking life advice from your drunk uncle that you only see for Thanksgiving and summer cookouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom