|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
WaterloggedImaginativeBullfrog.gif

Mamba, I found it from 3 years ago.......

Posting this in here for me to play with later, nobody get mad or yell at me.

Kobe was almost dealt to Detroit for Tayshaun, Rip, Amir Johnson and a Det #1.

LA in 2008 would have been

Bynum/Turiaf
LO/Amir/Kwame
Tay/Ariza/Luke
Rip/Sasha
Fish/Farmar/Critt

Annnnnnnnd Marc Gasol on deck. We probably move/flip/cut Kwame or Put Critt in D-League.

Then we have our #1 + Det's #1 in the 2009 Draft.

Interesting.

"For CP purposes, nobody fret or yell at me".

I'm not trying to mislead anyone, but it is getting really suspicious that I'm listening to a couple of NBA podcasts and they keep hinting at Durant to the Lakers either this year or next.

I'm not trying to mislead anyone, but it is getting really suspicious that I'm listening to a couple of NBA podcasts and they keep hinting at Durant to the Lakers either this year or next.

Suspicious or dubious.

Or confused

Also what podcasts

Last edited:

Tea leaves are saying if he leaves OKC he's coming here. I don't know why.

SAS on ESPN, David Locke podcast with a anonymous scout on Monday and now Simmons and Haralabob today.

My opinion is it's either us or OKC.. With GSW as a darkhorse, but I'm somewhat weary of it because it seems like it'd be so easy of a walk to the finals that it could cheapen it, and the idea of it.

My opinion is it's either us or OKC.. With GSW as a darkhorse, but I'm somewhat weary of it because it seems like it'd be so easy of a walk to the finals that it could cheapen it, and the idea of it.

He'd be stupid not to go to GS if they are able to clear room for him. He'll win 3 rings and crack top 5 all time on ESPN's list.

He'd be stupid not to go to GS if they are able to clear room for him. He'll win 3 rings and crack top 5 all time on ESPN's list.

I agree to some extent, not the last part about the Top 5.. But at the same time, not all people are wired the same.

Some don't want to just cakewalk it. It would cheapen it, if they are not thee guy.

I've been wrong before though.

I agree to some extent, not the last part about the Top 5.. But at the same time, not all people are wired the same.

Some don't want to just cakewalk it. It would cheapen it, if they are not thee guy.

I think if they break the 72-10 mark, coast to another ring, and then add durant (albeit giving up Barnes, Bogut, iggy, ezeli)

Then they pretty much become a hated team and Durant will get Lebron like treatment of couldn't do it on his own so as NBA fans do, they'll cheapen any winning he does. (Like I do for Lebron and his Miami rings)

Why would KD want to be with us as we are now? There's no attractive thing about the Lakers other than the brand and location. Even with the rookies there's no guarantee and I doubt KD would be swayed by them based on this year's output.

He's being sarcastic lol.

And KD wouldn't go to GS. He's very cognizant of establishing his legacy.

He's being sarcastic lol.

And KD wouldn't go to GS. He's very cognizant of establishing his legacy.
there is no going up in that situation, only going down

look at the Miami thing played out with Lebron, yeah he won two but his tenure there can be argued wasnt what it shouldve been

Why would KD want to be with us as we are now? There's no attractive thing about the Lakers other than the brand and location. Even with the rookies there's no guarantee and I doubt KD would be swayed by them based on this year's output.

Well theoretically they could sign another good player this summer, which would hopefully make them competitive next year with KD and said player on board and a Simmons/ Ingram with the rest of the young guys.

But I think the long play is he knows his PIC Russ is coming the following year and wants to still play with him. He'd basically be punting next season as far as contender but with the way GS and SA are set up, OKC is still the 3rd best team in the West. Going to the Lakers you could add more pieces and have young cheap talent that can play and by 2017 Warriors will have to open the brinks truck for Steph so maybe they start to lose some of their key contributors.

There really isn't much except possibly three things and I'm not sure how enticing they are.

1) He'll be the man of one of the biggest sports franchises in all of sports. You get the Lakers back in contention and win a ring he'll finally get his shine. He has complained about being a runner up his whole life. Win in LA and you're sitting on a pretty big throne.

2) Lots of cap space to add players around him unlike OKC. But you could argue no one out there is as good as what he has now in Westbrook.

3) Lots of young guys who are only getting better. This is where Scott screws us. He's stifled our young guys to a point where public perception says they are just okay. If I hear one more time that Clarkson is/will be better than D'Angelo I don't know what I'll do.

All in all best bet for the Lakers is he takes a one year deal this summer and let's us get a crack at him in 2017.

And I'm not too sure about the legacy talk, KD wants to be a champion by ant means necessary, sure he'll get some flack like LBJ did, but you'll always have to start the conversation with him being a champion. It's not like he's some scrub, 4x scoring champ and league MVP. He just doesn't need to do it the way Bron did as far as the decision.

The only thing with this taking a 1 year staying in OKC... He may not have that option to go to LA WITH Westbrook after that.

Whereas, if he came over, we know what we have, and we can prepare for possible Westbrook.

If KD says no, and signs a 1 year deal, we have to move on from him, and start building a team with some veterans / goof players.. Especially if we keep the pick this season.

There's no reason to punt the season again, for the possible chance at KD when he had the opportunity and passed... Doesn't mean you don't leave a max cap space for 2017, but 2? That would be highly difficult.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom