|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

My opinion is it's either us or OKC.. With GSW as a darkhorse, but I'm somewhat weary of it because it seems like it'd be so easy of a walk to the finals that it could cheapen it, and the idea of it.

He'd be stupid not to go to GS if they are able to clear room for him. He'll win 3 rings and crack top 5 all time on ESPN's list.

I agree to some extent, not the last part about the Top 5.. But at the same time, not all people are wired the same.

Some don't want to just cakewalk it. It would cheapen it, if they are not thee guy.

I've been wrong before though.

He's being sarcastic lol.

And KD wouldn't go to GS. He's very cognizant of establishing his legacy.
there is no going up in that situation, only going down

look at the Miami thing played out with Lebron, yeah he won two but his tenure there can be argued wasnt what it shouldve been

Miami was also a different situation. If I recall correctly they were a borderline playoff team that year. Possibly didn't even make the playoffs. LeBron also by the 2nd season established himself as the man of the team and Wade was fine with it.

KD would be going to a historical team that in all likelihood is coming off 2 championships. He'll probably be Robin to Curry as well. Miami isn't even comparable. I would bet all the money I had KD wouldn't go to GS.

I know I may be stating the obvious here, but KD leaving OKC is going to depend on how this post season goes for them.

If they lose in the first round, I think he leaves. If they go any further, especially if it's a close series, I think he comes back for an extra year.

I'm not trying to mislead anyone, but it is getting really suspicious that I'm listening to a couple of NBA podcasts and they keep hinting at Durant to the Lakers either this year or next.

My first guess, agent speak, using LA and their cap space to drive up cost/price and demand elsewhere in the league.

But….all year we’ve tried not to get ahead of ourselves, but if we were allowed to take a sec and look at it……

Get the #1 or #2 pick. Ben or Ingram

Slot either of them into DLo, Randle, Clarkson, Nance, Brown, Black. That’s 7 kids, makin peanuts

Pull Durant and Horford

Swap Byron for Thibbs

You still have a guy like Lou

That’s 10 guys, you still have some change for a vet that may want in on the hype. Durant has to look at it like LeBron thinking the young guys will develop and carry him as he hits 29-30-31-32 and as a collective core they can go far. He’d also have to trust that LA will go above and beyond, unlike OKC.

He weakens OKC. We jump Phoenix, and Minny immediately. Maybe New Orleans as well.

Duncan, Dirk, leave very soon.

He’d have to deal with GS and LAC in division
Houston could lose Dwight?
Memphis starting to get long in the tooth, Conley FA, Gasol getting up there.

It would be a calculated play by us, and Kevin would have to trust we could pull it off and the talent would develop without question. OR, Mitch would have to sell that he would deal 1-2-3 of them to get another guy in with Kevin/Horford that he could go over the cap with.

Horford
Simmons
Durant
Clarkson
DLo

Randle/Lou off the bench?

Horford
Randle
Durant
Clarkson
DLo

Lou/Ingram/Nance off the bench?

With Thibbs and Mitch “running” things. Durant becomes the new face of the Lakers, the guy that “brought them back”

Iono. He’s not from here, no ties to any of the players, no ties to Mitch, or even Thibs. Doesn’t seem like a big city/market guy. He’d fit the roster, that’s for sure, he’d be well paid, no doubt there, but doesn’t seem to have any of the added interests that tie him to LA. I just don't see him as needing the shine of taking over the marquee franchise and rollin with a bunch of players he has zero ties to.

I mean, he could go home to DC, and be the #2 seed in the East tomorrow.

Or join LA, and be the #3 team in his own division.

Why go with us?

Either way he's gonna lose to GSW
laugh.gif
. Wait til he sees our powerpoint presentation
gonna be showing polaroids of a young frobe

Why go with us?

Well from those apparently in the know he doesn't want to go back home. Same reason he went to Texas instead of Georgetown.

Big night for the tank.

Lakers vs Cavs
Sixers vs floundering Kings
Nets vs reeling Grizzlies

Last edited:
My first guess, agent speak, using LA and their cap space to drive up cost/price and demand elsewhere in the league.

KD doesn't need to use LA for leverage at all... So that is out the window.

If this was Whiteside, then sure... Enough teams will stay away that he needs to create a narrative for his market.

KD is a Top 2-3 player in the league... There's no need to drive up cost/price or demand for him. Or use our cap space when plenty of teams will have.

Why go with us?

Pass T'Wolves, Suns, Pelicans, Blazers, Nuggets, Kings immediately with KD.

That leaves 8 teams in front of us.

Have about $32mil in cap space on top of that..... Say you add 1 of Horford or Batum or Whiteside, they will all wait for KD unless they re-join their teams because there could be a chance to team up KD or somebody else, then can use the final $10mil to sure up a team need

That passes up Rockets, Jazz, Mavs, Grizzles, OKC.

And now you're at worst 4th. And as good as the Clippers.

And there is no idea as to what the Spurs will be the day that Duncan & Manu leave. Despite them not being a top 3 player on that team, they are still a large part of what the team is. Also Parker is due for serious regression at some point in the next year or two. And there is no idea what Pop does from then.. In year 2 of a 5 year extension. Will be 70 after that 5 years, so that is likely it.

Last edited:
Julius Randle sucks. I don't see how some of you guys like him. He has no upside at all. This isn't Kentucky. He has no post game because he can't bully people like he did in college. One armed bandit that thinks he's a 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom