|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Julius Randle sucks. I don't see how some of you guys like him. He has no upside at all. This isn't Kentucky. He has no post game because he can't bully people like he did in college. One armed bandit that thinks he's a 1.

This reminds me, NT needs a way to clean out spam-bots. Do we have a suggestion box or somethin like that?

Why did Russell take that last shot? SMH. Cavs were classy enough to dribble it out and he takes a shot with 3 seconds left...dummy.

Last edited:
Mark Jackson spitting knowledge..If situations were reversed with LBJ and Kb24 Kobe would try to light him up like wizards Jordan..

Sucks Philly tanked perfectly tonight, but still a good night.

New Orleans got to 20
Minnesota to 17

Phoenix and Brooklyn both at 14.

Us at 11

Philly at 8

We could go on a big win streak and 4th is as high as we can go. :lol:

27 games is all we have left, then hopefully we land yet another blue chipper to the core and infinite cap space. :pimp:

Wouldn't mind mark Jackson as coach if a and b fail...assistant to thibs would also be koo

If KD comes this summer in free agency and say we win the lottery and get Ben Simmons.

You better beleive Mitch will be on the phone with OKC offering up 2 of our current 3 current young guys to get Westbrook especially if Westbrook & his agent let OKC know he's gone summer 2017 and intends to sign with the Lakers.

Less than a week to go before trade deadline... And if I'm Mitch, I'm constantly ringing the Blazers phone to get something done with them....

Have $20mil in cap space... Fringe playoff team, gain a lot more by making playoffs than they do by missing it.. Yes, their pick is only 1-14 protected, and they'd lose it if they were to make the playoffs, but this is also fairly weak draft after maybe # 4 pick.

Also could still keep the pick if they make the trade, no guaranteed they make playoffs anyway.

But with their Lillard & McCollum core, they gain much more attractiveness from mid-tier guys now and growing now with a playoff team with a really non-impressive roster in 2016 than if they kind of roll the ball out, miss the playoffs, and by the time they really get someone's attention, CJ McCollum is making $24mil a year (2017-18). Yes someone will try to max CJ, or have to just to get him from Portland.

Another thing that the Blazers have is a lot of expiring deals (even though it's unnecessary due to their cap space) , that really come from guys who are not important to their team and won't be back.

I'd offer:
Brandon Bass, Nick Young, Our 2nd Round Pick
-for-
Chris Kaman & Moe Harkless

Blazers GM Neil Olshey is a huge Nick Young proponent. Was the voice behind bringing him to the Clippers, wanted to keep him after the playoff series he had with them, but was let go by the Clippers before the offseason. In a move that really screwed the Clippers.

Chris Kaman doesn't play. Moe Harkless isn't consistent enough, and isn't a piece they keep moving forward.

Bass gives them more front court depth, a lot of 20 mpg guys they have in the front court, and a solid veteran locker room presence.. Nick Young gives them a bench scoring punch. Also fits with the kind of game they play.

Still love Nick, still would like him around, but he needs a change of scenery, and needs away from Byron. Even if Byron is a goner after the season. Especially with Lou & Clarkson.. I feel Clarkson likely moves to the bench next year.

We trade our 2nd just to open up cap space by trading Nick Young.

Moe Harkless can try out for the rest of the season, see what he's got. When he ultimately fails, we can pull that $4mil QO, and be done with it.

If they wanted to sub in Hibbert in for Bass, can do that too

That trade would put us at $62.4 mil in cap space going into FA if we had the #1 pick with 8 guys (Moe Harkless wouldn't get a QO).. Could sign 2- 30% max deals and have about $11mil left over.

I wouldn't trade Lou right now, unless you're giving me a really good return.
1. He is a good name for a veteran that although, only slight, brings some attractiveness.
2. Dumping him for cap space right now isn't worth it. He isn't killing the tank, and it'd be easy to find a playoff team with minimal cap space to send him to easy. If a team has less than $20mil in cap space, and is a playoff team, Lou Will isn't a tough sell to take in a trade.

IF we can't find a taker for Nick Young in Portland, I would think about stretching out his contract if we needed more cap space.. Would save us about $3.2mil / year the next 2 season. But would be paying him $2.222mil for the next 5 years. But if you need to, you need to. $2.222mil isn't really going to be a problem going forward.

Stretching Nick puts us at 9 players - $59.4mil in cap space, if we got the #1 pick

Last edited:
If KD comes this summer in free agency and say we win the lottery and get Ben Simmons.

You better beleive Mitch will be on the phone with OKC offering up 2 of our current 3 current young guys to get Westbrook especially if Westbrook & his agent let OKC know he's gone summer 2017 and intends to sign with the Lakers.

Lakers don't need to trade for Westbrook if we sign Durant.. Wouldn't make sense to.

Just have to let the cards fall..

And trade Clarkson in summer 2017 to a team for nothing but future draft picks in return.

That likely opens up enough space for Westbrook

Last edited:
Do we really have a need for Westbrook if Russell and Clarkson pan out?

They played together in okc for damn near 10 years and it didn't really work... What's the logic of them playing together somewhere else thinking **** will be different.

Last edited:

They played together in okc for damn near 10 years and it didn't really work... What's the logic of them playing together somewhere else thinking **** will be different.

You DO NOT pass up on a proven SUPERSTAR like Westbrook who will be in the PRIME of his career, for waiting to see if Clarkson or D'Lo turn out to be allstars or superstars in 3 to 5 years.

But they still don't need to trade for him anyway..

If they got KD... All they need is to open up the cap space necessary..

And really the only person blocking that would be whatever deal Clarkson & Tarik get.

If that's the case, fine... Do a S&T or unload the 2 elsewhere for late firsts or 2nds.. Whatever it needs to be

They still won't trade D'Angelo. Won't be until the year before his RFA if at all, and that's if he severely underperforms

Last edited:
I'm not sure Westbrooks game will age well, it will be a risk to give him 5 year max deal at age 29. Obviously some team will give it to him, but all that high flying athleticism is high risk and won't translate to his 30s

You DO NOT pass up on a proven SUPERSTAR like Westbrook who will be in the PRIME of his career, for waiting to see if Clarkson or D'Lo turn out to be allstars or superstars in 3 to 5 years.

If they don't work in OKC why would they work in LA?

Cause LA is willing to break the bank to put the right pieces around them. No one wants to go to OKC, and the team has shown an unwillingness to put expensive pieces around them (except for Kanter, cause they're desperate now). That being said, I'm not sure if I've convinced myself either.

I never really understood why so many people hate Magic and what he says.

Not saying I always agree with what we says or don't say "Damnit what the hell are you talking about Magic".

But dude isn't totally blasphemos crazy all the times.

I don't like his hypocrisy, tweeting constant negativity about Dantoni and Brown, silent on Byron

LightInferiorFlyingfox.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom