|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking at the 2014 Draft Class....

Randle is really making that case for being 2nd behind Wiggins so far.

A lot of things can change obviously, how Aaron Gordon grows, does Embiid hit his potential, does Jabari figure out he needs to add a 3pointer to his game.

I'd rank it.
1. Andrew Wiggins

2. Julius Randle - There's some clear holes in his game, but if you're going to ask me who has played as well, and who is most likely to be a contributor to a playoff team, only Wiggins is ahead of him currently. And again, this is all while not really being very good this year when it comes to offensive efficiency, and understanding how to play team defense.

3. Jabari Parker (incredibly close though, but for what plagues Randle in terms of range, it also plagues Parker tenfold, he's even more undersized than Randle at the 4, has shot only 6 3's in 47 games), and whereas Randle is an elite Defensive Rebounder, and has motor for days, Parker does not... Although I do think Parker has more potential to be an elite scorer, but there's some things that would need to change)

4. Elfrid Payton (Has really grown a lot, went from a guy that you questioned how effective he could be without a shot to shooting 36% from 3, with over double the attempts)

5. Aaron Gordon (Think he can really move up in the future, hits the 3 at a mediocre rate now, but good enough to think there can be improvement as a solid stretch 4, very athletic, good rebounder.. Seems like he could be a bit more refined than Julius in the future, but not quite at his level just yet).

6. Rodney Hood - Looks like he can be a quality starter, with a good all around game in the future.

Kind of Bunches up here, simply based on preference, and how you project things to go in the future... These guys, I wouldn't consider future starters
:

Marcus Smart (Would be much higher if he had any semblance of an offense, but the Celtics seem to get by with him and IT2... His defense is really good though. For him to improve it's about becoming a decent 3 point shooter).

Jusef Nurkic - 6'10" can shoot a 3, but needs to grow on defensive, but 6'10" shooting well from everywhere is plenty to be happy about.

Jordan Clarkson & Zach LaVine - No homer, but really are very similar guys playing. LaVine has much more athleticism. But Clarkson also looks to be better at filling both roles of a Combo Guard. Both have serious mental lapses, Clarkson on defense, Zach on offense. Zach also might be getting cover a bit from better defensive teammates. Would be interesting to see what each looks like if they switched situations. Also reason why Smart is ahead of both of them is defense. Can find a scoring combo guard easily in the league, much more difficult to replace Smart's defense.

Clint Capela, Jusuf Nurkic & T.J. Warren are all right there.

Wild Cards: Joel Embiid, Dante Exum (They could really change the list, if Embiid ever plays, and Dante can get his raw talent/tools to come together).

Last edited:
I think Hood has been the second best player from 2014. Or at the very least, the second most valuable as a 6'8 do-it-all wing.

I think Hood has been the second best player from 2014. Or at the very least, the second most valuable as a 6'8 do-it-all wing.

I would say Gordon + Hood are the guys who will shoot up fast, and are moving up quick.. Just not so sure I put them 2 & 3 or 3 & 4 just yet. When you factor in what has been done, what could be done. Not sure how high Hood's ceiling ends up being, but does look extremely favorable for the Jazz

I do think Hood is the steal of the draft, and right up there when all these careers are over.

Last edited:
I'm confident Randle will end up the 2nd best from the draft.

Once he slows down he'll be a good player for a long time. I don't think he'll ever be great... Possibly never even an all star but once he puts it all together he'll be a good piece for awhile

I think Julio has a legit chance to pass up wiggins as the best player in his class. I'm sure no one is surprised I would have that opinion.

Also would have clarkson ranked higher. I don't know why so many see him as a bench player. Sure he has his flaws but compare him to other twos and I don't see any you could realistically get who you could say is that much better than him that he would undeniably lose his spot on this team.

It's not that Clarkson can't be good, or isn't better than a lot of 2 guards. But his atrocious defense kind of pegs him as a 6th man. Also if he isn't going to shoot 3s at a higher %. It serves him best to be a super 6th man, that can have the ball in his hands more.

Lavine may ending being top 3 in that 2014 class though, can shoot and can develop into a great defender, long and athletic, still young and raw

He shoots 3's better than derozan and about as well as batum. Then you factor in that those guys are scraping their ceiling while jc is in his 2nd year.

I get what you're saying my thing is just "who"? It's like when people say so and so should've made the all star game. Ok but whose spot is he gonna take? Who's gonna take jordan's spot? Harden? Jimmy butler? Those are the only guys I would say are flat out better than him and probably always be. Guys like derozan or Beal I don't really think are hands down better than he is/will be.

One last thing about jc. He plays even better with dlo. They just hardly play in the same lineup. Just another reason I think he's a starter.

I have my ticket for the last game in Staples. Just praying he makes it to that date.

My dumb *** sold my entire season ticket book last summer after we struck out on FAs and didn't get Cousins. I always thought Kobe will come back for another year since he basically took 2 years off .

Ca9xeTuUMAANjOU.jpg

Last edited:
Lakers' D'Angelo Russell not as mature as a rookie as Chris Paul and Kyrie Irving, says Byron Scott

D'Angelo Russell's youth was again a talking point.

The Lakers rookie was not as mature as two prominent point guards Byron Scott worked with earlier in his NBA coaching career, Chris Paul and Kyrie Irving, Scott said Wednesday.

Russell is a playful teenager. It's not unusual for him to make jokes before, during and after practice.

See the most-read stories in Sports this hour>>

"It is a bad thing at times. There's always a time to be serious and always a time to joke around," Scott said before the Lakers lost to the Cleveland Cavaliers, 120-111. "I'm not saying it's bad or good, but Chris Paul wasn't like that. Kyrie was a little bit [playful] but not that much. They're all different and I accept that."

Scott coached Irving in Cleveland and Paul in New Orleans when they were rookies. He described them more favorably than Russell, the second pick in last year's draft.

"[Irving] was just a little bit more mature at 19 [than Russell]. He was a little bit more businesslike at practice and games," the Lakers coach said. "D'Angelo still has a playfulness about himself. Sometimes at practice he's joking around and you lose a little bit of focus. But he's 19, so I understand that. Chris Paul was probably 23 years old at the time when he came in the league, from his mental capacity."

Irving arrived in the NBA with better offensive skills than Russell and, somewhat surprisingly, Paul too, Scott said.

"Kyrie was a lot farther along [than Russell]. Offensively, there was no weaknesses," Scott said. "And I haven't seen that in a 19-year-old since. He was more prepared from an offensive standpoint than Chris Paul was his rookie year. On the defensive end was a different story."

Russell made three three-point shots in the first half Wednesday and finished with 15 points and three assists.

Scott has hinted about inserting him back into the starting lineup after the All-Star break, which begins Thursday for the Lakers. Scott would not specifically say when the change would happen.

"I've got a week in Mexico to just relax and not think about it. I'll think about it next Wednesday" when practice resumes, Scott said. The Lakers' first game after the break is Feb. 19 against San Antonio.

Source:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-report-20160211-story.html

@MarkG_Medina Feb 6
Lakers' Byron Scott says he has a "playful relationship" with D'Angelo Russell http://bit.ly/20O8Gbd

@MarkG_Medina 23 hours ago
Byron said that Russell has a "playfulness" in practice that Paul and Irving didn't have. Byron says he thinks it's too much at times

Why this buffoon tries to tear down D'Angelo any chance he gets is beyond me.

Last edited:
These media jabs he does makes me think that D'Angelo is too polite or too worried about making waves to say that they're not as close as Byron is claiming.

Wanted to see something about some PGs drafted over the last 5-6 years

Wall, Kyrie, Dame, Russell, Mudiay.. Left a handful of guys out, but these are the more highly coveted guys

Around the stretch of games (34-53)

Dame - 39.3mpg
Wall - 37.6mpg
Mudiay - 31.7mpg (Games 24-40, he has missed a few weeks)
Irving - 30.8mpg
Russell - 25.8mpg

Not saying we should play Russell 39 minutes.. Don't think anybody should be played that... Just want 33-34.

Also Russell's rebounds severely dipped since being moved to the bench. From 4.5rpg to 2.9

Last edited:
Byron is simply doing the whole 'tear down and build up' thing.

"He ain't no Chris Paul."

"Kyrie was more mature, but it's whatever."

"He jokes around too much, and I accept that."

It's a dated approach, and hopefully he's not around long enough for the 'build up' part.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom