|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't see how Conley is his clone. Dude is 4" shorter and a stud on defense. D'lo is looking more like a combo guard with elite vision. Even in college he was more of a scorer that could set up the offense. Who knows tho, D'lo is a very unique prospect and I have no idea how he will develop.

In the meantime, bring in a guy who can run the offense without being ball dominant so D'lo can do his thing, and keep him from getting lit up by quick PGs all game long. It's seriously embarrassing. 

This team just sucks on defense overall... from 1-5. We would be too small to be competitive if Conley and D lo started together.

Steph Curry and many other point guards are weak defenders... Strong team defense hides inadequacies.

Last edited:
100% agree. My ideal offseason would be to get Conley for something less than max, Ezeli or Barnes whichever GS will let go, and fill in the other SF/C with another defensive minded guy.  This is a pretty decent defensive team, maybe 40 wins or so, without breaking the bank. Once we are respectable, we actually have a chance at a superstar or 2. 

Conley 

D'lo 

Batum (Barnes)

Randle

Ezeli

I like Batum as the backup choice, or a stop gap guy like Aaron Afflalo or Courtney Lee on the cheap (they can prbly play SF in this NBA). I don't really know the options at C (Mahimi maybe?), but I definitely don't want Whiteside near our core.

Last edited:
The logic of some dudes in here:

Don't want Westbrook because of his playing style, he's injury prone, and will be 29 or 30 years old when he's a free agent in 2017.

Same dude's wan't to make a run at Blake now in 2017 :lol: . When's he just as injury prone, around the same age, and is getting a rep as a cancer to his teammates :lol:

Last edited:
If you can get a superstar, you get the superstar. FREE agency. Never saw a contract that couldn't be traded if it doesn't pan out (Joe Johnson = proof).

They don't do logic bruh, oh and he and Randle play the same position as well but I guess that's OK.

Blake like Westbrook is cool to watch but would prefer not having them on my squad Blake is a clown and rw needs to change his game

Although I love his game, we don't need Westbrook... we're loaded in the backcourt

Give me Durant, Whiteside and some solid wing players...

We are loaded in the backcourt?

Where does Westbrook fit in this backcourt moving forward? :lol:

I know this is all hypothetical.... But how about we worry about filling gaps rather signing stars just because we have cap space.

There's much better ways to spend our money in free agency to actually build a good team

I would be shocked if JC, Dangeruss, and Randle will all still be on this team when we're legit contenders

He fits as the best player on the team immediately what kind of question is that?

Russ
D'Lo
SF (Ingram)
Randle/Simmons
C
Clarkson off the bench

Like is it really that hard.

The young guys should be complementary pieces to be competitive not the other way around, if they're still the main guys well we'll still be very bad. Getting a star or stars will allow them to grow without the pressure of having everything on them. Plus the game will be easier for them as well theoretically.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why everyone thinks Clarkson won't come off the bench. Maybe I'm not as high on him as I was last year, but he seems like a high-end role player / because-we-have-no-one-better starter. He can get even better than he is now, even by a lot, but I just don't see legit star potential. 

I'm not sure why everyone thinks Clarkson won't come off the bench. Maybe I'm not as high on him as I was last year, but he seems like a high-end role player / because-we-have-no-one-better starter. He can get even better than he is now, even by a lot, but I just don't see legit star potential. 
He aint gotta be a star to avg 20 ppg (Which I think he can once #24 is done) in the leauge he is a legit starting 2G tho 

Jordan Clarkson headed into the All-Star break on a high note, racking up 22 points, seven assists, six rebounds, three 3-pointers and one steal vs. the Cavaliers.
Clarkson has been hot in February, averaging 17.4 points on 54.4 percent shooting, with 1.2 triples, 4.6 boards, 3.4 assists and 1.2 steals per game. Add in stingy turnovers (1.8) and he's a must-start option in all formats.

Guys like draymond and Jimmy butler were drafted at the same age and weren't this good in their 2nd year. I just think it's kinda dumb to undercut his growth when the team's window is wide open.

He can start on a bad team. His talents and limits would be served much better going against 2nd units.

He aint gotta be a star to avg 20 ppg (Which I think he can once #24 is done) in the leauge he is a legit starting 2G tho 
he is basically Monta Ellis. 

What has Russell done to deserve starting over Clarkson?

As a PG?

He has significantly better court vision, better distributor, much less selfish with the ball in his hands, better defender. Just based on the +/- every night, Russell normally ends up in the + and Clarkson in the -.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom