|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben McLemore is working with Kings to be moved.

I'd trade for him.

Low risk, should be low cost.

Unless they want a lot. Then nope.

Last edited:
The Wes Johnson of SGs.

Wes Johnson was a worthy gamble. That didn't turn out well.

Even if it's a weak draft when that guy comes out and underperforms.

If it really doesn't cost you anything, it's a no brainier to take the risk that a change of scenery makes a different player.

And if it doesn't? Then you can cut him loose.

Last edited:
:lol: this is ridiculous. Show me a team who's has 3rd and 4th year players as their best and contended?

OKC-Finals-Wallpaper-1600x1200-2.jpg

Yep.

And their downfall was panic dealing Harden too soon and never spending to enhance what they already had in KD-Russ-Ibaka.

If DLo-Ingram*-Randle-Clarkson-Nance get anywhere remotely close, and we spend 55-60 million on top of that, we'll be in good shape.

Would the Bulls give up Portis to get all or a combo of 2 of Lou Will, NY and Bass to solidify that horrid bench?

Would Washington, Charlotte or Boston give up any young talent to get some bench help?

We're stuck with Hibbert... thats not a bad thing, Roy is a great guy

Bulls rarely if ever make mid season trades.

I like Portis, but he's in a position we need the least help in.

We likely won't part with Lou Will. Unless we need the cap in the offseason. Don't think that's a bad idea either.

Nick Young likely gets stretched in the offseason.

Hibbert is making too much.

Bass is really the only guy.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
this is ridiculous. Show me a team who's has 3rd and 4th year players as their best and contended? Y'all ate going against everything in history. We need a star(s) or superstar(s) to help accelerate the growth of the young guys.

Even if you believe every guy is going to pan out to their ultimate form that's at least 5 years away, you don't win with just young guys it'sit's been proven, unless those guys are stars right or the gate and even that's not good enough.
I never said we'd contend in 3-5 years. I said compete...as in be competitive 
laugh.gif
. I also meant that we should break the bank for guys who are going into their primes now, rather than on the tail end of it. A budding star like Gordon Hayward comes to mind if we can't get a superstar.

Everyone has their opinions and I get the idea of bringing in star vets to lead the young guys. I just don't think tying up max money in a 30 yo for 4,5 years is a good idea when our (hopefully) best players are still a few years away from being real NBA players.  I do agree, however, we need to spend on mid-upper tier vets that will make us somewhat competitive next year. If we keep our pick, its unprotected next year, so there's no reason to suck.

Gordon Hayward will be 26 next month, Russ is 27, you're not making sense. Prime for almost everyone is from 26-32, Russ is just starting his peak right now. It's not like he's falling off, kid is made of adamantium.

4 year maxes now, so Russ at 28, 29. 30, 31 is about the best you can ask for outside of KD of players who will actually be available to get the next few summers when we still have somewhat of a cap advantage b/c after that everyone has room and will be better situations.

We need a superstar at some point no way around it.

Bulls rarely if ever make mid season trades.

I like Portis, but he's in a position we need the least help in.

We likely won't part with Lou Will. Unless we need the cap in the offseason. Don't think that's a bad idea either.

Nick Young likely gets stretched in the offseason.

Hibbert is making too much.

Bass is really the only guy.

I feel like the Bulls are all in for the years they have Pau, and the east is wide open. *shrugs*

I was originally responding to the idea of getting Horford, who will be 30 before next season. Obviously if we're talking Westbrook or Durant, guys in their mid to late 20s, is better than fine. Even a superstar at 30 right now would be great. But the idea of getting an Aldridge type (like we tried to do) is a bad idea.  

Gordon Hayward will be 26 next month, Russ is 27, you're not making sense. Prime for almost everyone is from 26-32, Russ is just starting his peak right now. It's not like he's falling off, kid is made of adamantium.

4 year maxes now, so Russ at 28, 29. 30, 31 is about the best you can ask for outside of KD of players who will actually be available to get the next few summers when we still have somewhat of a cap advantage b/c after that everyone has room and will be better situations.

We need a superstar at some point no way around it.

Although I love his game, we don't need Westbrook... we're loaded in the backcourt

Give me Durant, Whiteside and some solid wing players...

How are we loaded in the backcourt? We have a rookie and 3 chuckers.

Anyone like the idea of going after Mike Conley rather than Westbrook? I can see him getting right along with D'lo  and having clarkson off the bench. He'll probably be cheaper too and won't hijack the offense. 

Clarkson is a 6th man on a good team and the jury is def still out on what D'Lo can and can't do at this point.

But he could still be Steph x Harden so we should just say no

Last edited:

Anyone like the idea of going after Mike Conley rather than Westbrook? I can see him getting right along with D'lo  and having clarkson off the bench. He'll probably be cheaper too and won't hijack the offense. 
Don't see J Clark accepting a bench role 

Don't see J Clark accepting a bench role 

He'll end up being our 6th man off the bench if this team is to be successful... he can still play 28-34 mpg and be a solid contributor

And I'm good on Conley...

no one has faith in D'Lo being our point guard? :lol: Kid is 19 and talented as hell.... Give him some time..... Damn!!!

Last edited:
So you want to have basically D'Lo and his clone out there at the same time? Seems legit.

D'Lo will be better as an off guard that handles, you need elite combo guard skills to compete at that position in the west. Until his body gets up to snuff he's going to get ate alive unless he's got smaller dudes on him.

Last edited:
Don't see how Conley is his clone. Dude is 4" shorter and a stud on defense. D'lo is looking more like a combo guard with elite vision. Even in college he was more of a scorer that could set up the offense. Who knows tho, D'lo is a very unique prospect and I have no idea how he will develop.

In the meantime, bring in a guy who can run the offense without being ball dominant so D'lo can do his thing, and keep him from getting lit up by quick PGs all game long. It's seriously embarrassing. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom